+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future of the MWC

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Future of the MWC

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It's becoming clear to me that Boise wants to jump whether Utah and BYU are still there or not. If the top 2 teams get picked off (Utah to Pac10 and BYU to Big XII), it could end up looking something like this...

Wyoming
    AFA
    CSU
    SDSU
    UNLV
    UNM
    TCU
    Boise
    Houston

If they stay at 9, I'm thinking those are the 9. If they went to 12, do you think Tech has a shot at being one of them? Benson is such a passive commish that I seriously doubt the WAC will be around after all this.

What about those 9 plus:

Fresno
    Nevada
    Tech

It's be a pretty salty conference.
    I wish. But UTEP and Tulsa are probably both ahead of us in the MWC pecking order. I'm more worried about what CUSA will do. If they lose Houston and UTEP to the MWC and Memphis and ECU to the Big East, who do they replace them with? Tech and 3 Sun Belt schools?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    MWC will never invite Boise unless it absolutely has to. Nevada, UTEP, and Houston are higher on the pecking order. Success on the football field isn't even 15% of the equation here. I've said it 100,000 times, but, from an academic standpoint, this is akin to CUSA inviting ULM. You think SMU and Tulane would ever go for that? Of course not. Likewise, no team in the MWC (which, save SDSU, have good academic reputations) wants Boise terrible-ass academics State. Period.

Big XII will never, ever invite TCU, again unless it absolutely has to. The big 3 Texas schools want nothing to do with that.
    Also academics may matter but if they are the cusp of BCS status, it may matter more to add Boise.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Also academics may matter but if they are the cusp of BCS status, it may matter more to add Boise.

Thats exactly right. Boise brings enough football credibility that they have to be considered if that would put them over the edge. I think with Boise they would be a shoe in for an AQ spot.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Thats exactly right. Boise brings enough football credibility that they have to be considered if that would put them over the edge. I think with Boise they would be a shoe in for an AQ spot.

Just gonna go ahead and say this, and disagree with me if you want.

Boise is just one bad season away from becoming nothing but a fond memory.

Fresno State, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post

Fresno State, anyone?
    Add Tulane to your list. But they are more than one bad season.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I get in a lot of trouble sometimes for saying that Boise State isn't all they're cracked up to be...its not hard for a lower-upper class team to go 14-0 in the WAC.

I found out recently that ESPN Analyst Mark May agrees with me (like that means anything). Not only did he leave them out of his pre-season Top 5, he also picked VT to beat them in the season opener, dropping them out of the Top 10 altogether and into the 20s.

While I do think they have a good football team, they need to start playing more BCS teams and get some respect. If they can do that, then I'll admit they're a great team. But while they continue to pile win on win against the WAC and the small OOC games they play, I can't in good conscience call them a great team...

Don't throw me to the wolves for this...I know there are some Boise-lovers out there. :icon_wink:

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

I found out recently that ESPN Analyst Mark May agrees with me (like that means anything). :icon_wink:

What that means is that you are dead wrong . He is nothing more than a bcsbs worshipping jerk.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    What that means is that you are dead wrong.
    Hey, it gives me validation, ok :icon_wink:
    Gotta find SOMEBODY who agrees haha

To qualify, I'm by no means a BCS worshiper.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Hey, it gives me validation, ok :icon_wink:
    Gotta find SOMEBODY who agrees haha
    No, not really. Mark May is a clown.....if you are not an AQ school, you do not count.

I can not stand that moron!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I predict Boise will beat VT. Every year, someone picks a AQ team over Boise and Boise pulls it out. See Oregon last year.

I DO, however, think that Boise will lose a game this year. It will be an unexpected loss. I just hope it is to us!

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Boise will execute agreements before the end of this year to leave the WAC.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Fresno State, anyone?
    One bad season away? Folks were saying that 10 years ago.

Not a good comparison to Fresno. Fresno has had the big mo several times with the media eating them up, but they've never come close to achieving what Boise has already done.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Boise will execute agreements before the end of this year to leave the WAC.
    Wouldn't surprise me. I think the MWC already knows that Utah is gone.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    One bad season away? Folks were saying that 10 years ago.

Not a good comparison to Fresno. Fresno has had the big mo several times with the media eating them up, but they've never come close to achieving what Boise has already done.
    They usually make a big splash early and then peter out. Never even won the WAC. However, they have a good market (and have done an awesome job of capturing the Valley in that market). I would not be surprised if they were chosen by another conference - their biggest problem is their history of legal problems.

+ Reply to Thread