+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Davisons Horse 20 to 1 odds!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: Davisons Horse 20 to 1 odds!

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    I was surprised he didn't spread it around. I don't think I'd have been brave enough to put it all on one horse. Was glad to see that it worked for him. I could use $900,000 -- what about you?
    That was the contest! They all text in a winner and one of the ones who picks the right winner gets a chance to come to the Derby the next year and place a $100k on one horse to win it all! He couldn't have spread it around if he wanted to! They had a piece on him trying to get tips all through the pre-race show. They also had advertisements for winning and coming there for 2011 by texting in your pick.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

From the commentator's remarks, I had the impression that he could have bet on more than one. I see now that that wasn't the case. Had I been in his shoes, I would have done exactly what he did. But I would have been betting on the jockey -- not the horse!!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

From the commentator's remarks, I had the impression that he could have bet on more than one. I see now that that wasn't the case. Had I been in his shoes, I would have done exactly what he did. But I would have been betting on the jockey -- not the horse!!
    I believe that is what he did as the winning jockey has now won 3 out of the last 4 derbies! Calvin Borel took a 50 to 1 long-shot last year to the roses! He definitely was the jockey to bet on!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Anybody know if Davison's horse is going to run either of the other two legs of the Triple Crown?

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    I believe that is what he did as the winning jockey has now won 3 out of the last 4 derbies! Calvin Borel took a 50 to 1 long-shot last year to the roses! He definitely was the jockey to bet on!
    And he's a good ole Louisiana boy!!

And he's a good ole Louisiana boy!!
    That I did not know, although the accent should have given him away!

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

That I did not know, although the accent should have given him away!
    There was a story a couple of years ago on Calvin Borel's background.

Born and raised in South Louisiana. He quit school at 13, I think, because all he wanted to do was work with horses. His much older brother was a trainer at Evangeline Downs and tried to discourage him, but Calvin would have none of it. The brother finally put him to work mucking out the stables and he eventually worked up to riding the horses on training runs. He slept in the stables at night.

Eventually it became obvious that he was gifted and they started letting him ride the horses for real.... he tore up all of the South Louisiana tracks and the rest is history.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised he didn't spread it around. I don't think I'd have been brave enough to put it all on one horse. Was glad to see that it worked for him. I could use $900,000 -- what about you?
    That was the contest! They all text in a winner and one of the ones who picks the right winner gets a chance to come to the Derby the next year and place a $100k on one horse to win it all! He couldn't have spread it around if he wanted to! They had a piece on him trying to get tips all through the pre-race show. They also had advertisements for winning and coming there for 2011 by texting in your pick.
    The winner, Glen Fullerton, is from Kilgore, Texas just 20 minutes up the road from Tyler.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post

Born and raised in South Louisiana. He quit school at 13, I think, because all he wanted to do was work with horses. His much older brother was a trainer at Evangeline Downs and tried to discourage him, but Calvin would have none of it. The brother finally put him to work mucking out the stables and he eventually worked up to riding the horses on training runs. He slept in the stables at night.

Eventually it became obvious that he was gifted and they started letting him ride the horses for real.... he tore up all of the South Louisiana tracks and the rest is history.
    Just about all correct, but he quit school when he was 9!

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    Just about all correct, but he quit school when he was 9!
    I knew it was awfully young, but wow!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post

a short feature:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/horse...terstitialskip
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread