+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil Spill..Sure glad

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Oil Spill..Sure glad

I've got pictures of my many fishing trips to the Gulf Coast of Louisiana and the Venice, Golden Meadow, Grand Isle areas. It will be a long, long, long time before we'll be able to go back there for fishing. This will also be the absolute end many of the already depleted barrier islands. This is the absolute worse case scenario for the marsh and surrounding wildlife areas at the mouth of the Miss River. The oyster beds will be suffocated and contaminated as well as the shrimp spawn is right now, the specks and reds are spawning as well, not to mention the millions of shorebireds and other marine fowl nesting on the coast right now. I feel like crying and screaming at the same time.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Oil Spill..Sure glad

Yeah this could be a fatal blow to the Louisiana coast, at least the eastern coast. This will also REALLY damage the state's economy, and is a damn shame. A guy I graduated high school with died on there as well, so I'm sure to never forget this damn rig accident.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

What is sad is that lawyers are already putting out commercials to form class action lawsuits about this spill. New Orleans is the absolute worst when it comes to lawsuits.

I work with a former NOPD, he said that on one bus accident there were around ~15 people on the bus. By the time a lawsuit was formed over 450 had claimed they were on the bus at the time of the accident. True story. This is why today, if a bus gets into an accident and there is no real danger, the bus drivers are instructed to lock the doors with the people inside , so that the police can find out who exactly is on the bus.

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

I wonder when Sarah Palin will next use the moniker "Drill baby, drill!"

This is exactly the reason we need to continue focusing on cleaner energy, instead of holding up the dilapidated and dangerous oil industry.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Like what kind of energy? Nuclear?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

It is not the end of the Gulf coast. It is a temporary set back. What it is going to do is give Obama and his fellow communist another "crisis" to take over an industry. The service companies along the Gulf coast are who are about to be destroyed. I'm so sick of hearing about this crisis and that crisis. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! All the while our freedoms keep flying away.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Here it is already Comrads:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100429/...l_climate_bill

We had better wake up and quick.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I've started working nights, so I just step outside for the first time today, and you can smell it outside the house. I hope it isn't much because I do some fishing in the area, not to mention I'm heading to Gulf Shores in about a month.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I was in high school when the Exxon Valdez crashed in Alaska (1989?)

I was taking a biology class at the time, and we had a discussion about oil spills. Our teacher told us that they had already (this was 89) developed a type of micro-organism that would eat raw crude oil and it was usable in ocean waters. The problem was that once the oil was gone, they had no way of knowing whether the organism would continue living, and had no idea what else it might eat if it continued to live.

You would think that in 20+ years, someone could have made some progress in that area. Not only could the team of scientists save a lot of marine life on the Louisiana coast, but they would probably win lots of awards.

Anyone else ever heard of this?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The satellite pictures make the coast look practically non-existent. New Orleans look to take up 1/5 of the whole area.

Yarfunkle, there does need to be an increase in alternatives to oil, but until thete is a definitive replacement, you can't hold back on seeking sustainment of the current ssyem.

I've heard that too straydawg (and I'm much younger and not a biologist), but it seems obvious someone realized that would kill their profits so bought out the research then surpresses it (like the auto ndustri and the electric car).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    It is not the end of the Gulf coast. It is a temporary set back. What it is going to do is give Obama and his fellow communist another "crisis" to take over an industry. The service companies along the Gulf coast are who are about to be destroyed. I'm so sick of hearing about this crisis and that crisis. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! All the while our freedoms keep flying away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Here it is already Comrads:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100429/...l_climate_bill

We had better wake up and quick.
    Dead on again!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    I've started working nights, so I just step outside for the first time today, and you can smell it outside the house. I hope it isn't much because I do some fishing in the area, not to mention I'm heading to Gulf Shores in about a month.
    You're telling me that in Luling you are smelling the oil spill offshore? With all of those chemical plants and refineries close by Luling etc... you're smelling an oil spill in the Gulf?????????

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You're telling me that in Luling you are smelling the oil spill offshore? With all of those chemical plants and refineries close by Luling etc... you're smelling an oil spill in the Gulf?????????

Yes sir. All the chemical plants have their own smells, and I grew up here so I'm use to them. Besides, the wind is blowing out the SE and luling is upwind of the plants today (where I live). I hear it is even stronger in New Orleans. I hope it doesn't mess up my fishing. :bigcry:

Yes sir. All the chemical plants have their own smells, and I grew up here so I'm use to them. Besides, the wind is blowing out the SE and luling is upwind of the plants today (where I live). I hear it is even stronger in New Orleans. I hope it doesn't mess up my fishing. :bigcry:
    Are you talking about the planned burning of the spill is what you smell? Now that would seem more likely.

Are you talking about the planned burning of the spill is what you smell? Now that would seem more likely.

No sir,

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/04/louisiana_officials_say_odor_i.html (comments below are hilarious)

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/04/fuel_smell_wafts_over_new_orle.html

http://www.wwl.com/Odor-from-slick-already-detectable-in-metro-New-Or/6930543

They are worried about people getting sick...another lawsuit will probably be filled...

I'm about 16 miles east of N.O.

Currently at the airport working, you can smell it outside.

Kind of weird, never thought about the smell aspect of it. I work at the airport, I know what jet exhaust smells like. This is similar, but with a different hint to it. Besides, the odor is all over, not just here.

+ Reply to Thread