View Poll Results: Is the story of Noah's Ark true?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a Chrisitan, Jew, or Muslim and it happened exactly as the Bible says.

36 66.67%
  • I am a Christian, Jew, or Muslim and think the story is anywhere from a stretch to a myth.

10 18.52%
  • I am not a Christan, Jew, or Muslim but I believe the story in the Bible.

1 1.85%
  • I am not a Christan, Jew, or Muslim and I believe it's just a legend.

7 12.96%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noah's Ark Poll

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Noah's Ark Poll

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Total agreement! Besides, "The Bible says then I believe it".
    Maybe, but you put nearly the same credibility into anything online that bashes the democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Believing that Jesus could live and re-live is a longshot from the story of the Ark.
    Maybe, but one doesn't have to do with the other. Three of the four gospels were written by people who gave their personal testamony on the events they observed. Moses is credited as authoring Genesis. Faith in the Holy Bible as completely literal requires also the same faith in the men who compiled it. How many Christians are aware of how that came to be?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Maybe, but you put nearly the same credibility into anything online that bashes the democrats.

Maybe, but one doesn't have to do with the other. Three of the four gospels were written by people who gave their personal testamony on the events they observed. Moses is credited as authoring Genesis. Faith in the Holy Bible as completely literal requires also the same faith in the men who compiled it. How many Christians are aware of how that came to be?
    Just curious, how did you vote in this poll?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

For me, I either have to believe ALL of it or none of it. I have enough faith in God to know that He would not allow an inaccurate account. I myself choose to believe ALL of it.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    For me, I either have to believe ALL of it or none of it. I have enough faith in God to know that He would not allow an inaccurate account. I myself choose to believe ALL of it.
    +1

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

God wrote the Bible, the men were just holding the pen. It would be the same thing as if you wrote a book with a glove on. Did the glove write the book or you?

(general comment not aimed at you in particular AG): If you aren't a Christian then it is perfectly understandable that you don't believe this. If you are then I would wonder if you are basing your opinion on your own beliefs or God. And if you are basing it on your own opinions than you are worshiping yourself not God.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Not hardly. Remember you have humans that are part of the liberal media and then politicians from both side of the aisle to not trust. Sorry but your example is hardly the same and laughable when compared to the Holy Spirit inspired Bible.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

It didn't rain? Sounds like a bunch of old testament hooey to me.

Believing that Jesus could live and re-live is a longshot from the story of the Ark.

So at the time of the Ark, there were no humans in the western hemisphere? China? We're talking hundreds of days here. Let's not forget that we're talking about the literal interpretation of what the bible actually says. The world was flooded.
    "sounds like a bunch of ... hooey" is a great argument.

the way i read it, it very easily could have meant only the inhabited portion of the earth, but i'm no expert in ancient hebrew. and even if analysis of the original language doesn't back it up, keep in mind that it was God speaking to people who knew nothing of the world beyond the small portion where they lived. destroying mesopotamia was destroying the world to them. and no, i don't think the human population stretched much beyond the middle-east at the time.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

This is about the most frustrating thing for me. Those people who try to push their interpretation of the Bible on science drive me crazy. Galileo was placed under house arrest because he didn't believe the earth was the center of the universe. The religious leaders at the time insisted the Bible said it was. The same stupid reasoning continues to go on hundreds of years later. It is just new Bible interpetation butting up with the scientist. We haven't learned a thing.

Let the scientist be scientist. Let them create models and test them. Let them undergo peer review. Let them explore this wonderful universe that God created. Quit telling them they are wrong because you interpret the Bible to mean something different.

On the other hand, ignore them when they say they proved the Bible wrong. They haven't yet, and never will. The Bible teaches us that we only see in part now. I believe that is true for those of us interpreting the Bible as will as those who are working their tales off to discover God's creation.

Truce. Please!

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    This is about the most frustrating thing for me. Those people who try to push their interpretation of the Bible on science drive me crazy. Galileo was placed under house arrest because he didn't believe the earth was the center of the universe. The religious leaders at the time insisted the Bible said it was. The same stupid reasoning continues to go on hundreds of years later. It is just new Bible interpetation butting up with the scientist. We haven't learned a thing.

Let the scientist be scientist. Let them create models and test them. Let them undergo peer review. Let them explore this wonderful universe that God created. Quit telling them they are wrong because you interpret the Bible to mean something different.

On the other hand, ignore them when they say they proved the Bible wrong. They haven't yet, and never will. The Bible teaches us that we only see in part now. I believe that is true for those of us interpreting the Bible as will as those who are working their tales off to discover God's creation.

Truce. Please!

Truth be told, it's all water under the bridge now anyway. Nothing that is said here is gonna change what did happen back there. Maybe the debate is part of the "Big Guy's" plan too. On page 1, He created everything... by page 6, he essentially held most everybody's head under water for a few minutes. So one thing's clear, the "Big Guy" didn't take a lot of crap back then ....on the other hand, he know's something we don't know, which is?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I don't necessarily think it has to be that way. Men have influenced religion throughout recorded history. Men chose what to put into the Bible.

Men chose to pervert religions (ie Muhammed, the mormon dude).

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I don't necessarily think it has to be that way. Men have influenced religion throughout recorded history. Men chose what to put into the Bible.

For me it has nothing to do with "religion", it has everything to do with my relationship with God. Whatever you believe is up to you. For me, it is in stone- if it is in the Bible I believe it. As far as man's interpretation- I couldn't care less- I can read and decide for myself.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Yes, it has to be that way. Further, when a person is filled with the Holy Spirt, it becomes alive and powerful. Further, it comes together in a way that is inexpicable to those who are not Christians occupied with Christ.

The long and short of it is, the Bible is a letter to Christians. If you are not a Christian, you are reading somebody else's mail. You shouldn't expect to understand all of it. :icon_wink:

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

For me it has nothing to do with "religion", it has everything to do with my relationship with God. Whatever you believe is up to you. For me, it is in stone- if it is in the Bible I believe it. As far as man's interpretation- I couldn't care less- I can read and decide for myself.

+1

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    God wrote the Bible, the men were just holding the pen. It would be the same thing as if you wrote a book with a glove on. Did the glove write the book or you?

(general comment not aimed at you in particular AG): If you aren't a Christian then it is perfectly understandable that you don't believe this. If you are then I would wonder if you are basing your opinion on your own beliefs or God. And if you are basing it on your own opinions than you are worshiping yourself not God.
    Moses was the pen for the 10 commandments. What kind of pen was Muhammed? How are you to know that all of the bible is 100% God inspired when so many examples exist of false prophets?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Yes, it has to be that way. Further, when a person is filled with the Holy Spirt, it becomes alive and powerful. Further, it comes together in a way that is inexpicable to those who are not Christians occupied with Christ.

The long and short of it is, the Bible is a letter to Christians. If you are not a Christian, you are reading somebody else's mail. You shouldn't expect to understand all of it. :icon_wink:
    Muhammed seemed to be full of some sort of spirit. A lot of people "know" that he's right and are filled up with plenty of emotions about it.

The Bible is not just a letter to Christians. The New Testament is.

+ Reply to Thread