+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr. James Andrews

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Dr. James Andrews

I was reading the article on NOLA.com about Brett Favre needing surgery on his ankle to play next season, and he stated that he had spoken to Dr. Andrews about the surgery.

In the comment section below the article, someone mentions that Dr. Andrews is an alumus of Homer High School, but I had never heard this before. I have no reason to doubt it, but does anyone know if this is true?

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Dr. James Andrews

Its true.

http://www.andrewscenters.com/getpage.php?name=andrews

"A native of Homer, Louisiana, Dr. Andrews has called Birmingham home since 1986. He and his wife, Jenelle have six children, Andy, Amy, Archie, Ashley, Amber, Abby and four grandchildren."

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

You have wonder why a guy with his money would want to live in Birmingham???

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I was reading the article on NOLA.com about Brett Favre needing surgery on his ankle to play next season, and he stated that he had spoken to Dr. Andrews about the surgery.

In the comment section below the article, someone mentions that Dr. Andrews is an alumus of Homer High School, but I had never heard this before. I have no reason to doubt it, but does anyone know if this is true?
    Yep - member of the 1959 famed Iron Men Homer HS team and married a Haynesville girl...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    You have wonder why a guy with his money would want to live in Birmingham???
    Because Birmingham is one of the leading cities in America for everything medical.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Because Birmingham is one of the leading cities in America for everything medical.

beautiful city..lot of money.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

I had right shoulder surgery when I was playing baseball at Tech for a torn rotator cuff and frayed labrum in 1996 and Dr. Andrews performed my surgery. His practice was a FIRST CLASS facility and every time that I went for pre-surgery consultation and follow up visits I met a professional athlete. If I had an appointment at 2:15, he was in my room at 2:15. He was never late and never made us wait for any amount of time. It was very impressive. Pictures and autographs of the athletes he had worked on in every examination room I went into. The rehab facility there was unlike anything I had ever seen.

The day of my surgery he comes out to me and my parents and says "Jeremy, I am going to be about 15 minutes or so. I have the Yankees on the phone and they are wanting to talk about Kenny Rogers' surgery. I am operating on him right after you. I'll be back in just a few minutes and we'll get you taken care of." Pretty darn cool to me when I was 19.

He talked alot with me and my parents about being from Louisiana and how his mother still lived (she has since passed) in the town where he grew up. He was a super nice guy and was very personable considering how famous he is in his field. I would definitely recommend him to anybody needing surgery.

We even got to watch the video of my surgery which showed the areas in my shoulder that were damaged, the surgical procedure taking place, and what it looked like afterwards. It was really, really cool.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I had my second knee operation by Dr. Andrews. I can not tell you enough what a class act he is. It is awesome to see the pictures of the athletes that are back in action while you wait to go in. I had some problems and he met me without charging me at UVA while he was there to see another patient. Bruce Smith had surgery on his shoulder the same day I had my knee done.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

This is probably a dumb question but I have always been curious about this, and since you guys have been worked on by Dr. Andrews you might know the answer....

Does he charge tons more than "normal" doctors? I had surgery last April for a torn labrum and my doctor was great. But, I had some significant out of pocket expenses, and I'm sure a guy with Dr. Andrews' reputation is a little more pricey than some other doctors. Were your our of pocket expenses greater with Dr. Andrews than other docs?

If you think I'm being too nosey, just tell me to mind my own business and I won't be offended.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

This is probably a dumb question but I have always been curious about this, and since you guys have been worked on by Dr. Andrews you might know the answer....

Does he charge tons more than "normal" doctors? I had surgery last April for a torn labrum and my doctor was great. But, I had some significant out of pocket expenses, and I'm sure a guy with Dr. Andrews' reputation is a little more pricey than some other doctors. Were your our of pocket expenses greater with Dr. Andrews than other docs?

If you think I'm being too nosey, just tell me to mind my own business and I won't be offended.
    I really don't know the full details about mine. My mother was employed with the Lincoln Parish School Board at the time and my understanding was that her insurance paid up to 80% and then La Tech's insurance was responsible for the remainder. I could be wrong on that that but it seems like I remember hearing my parents talk about or tell someone that. Everything that went along with my surgery and subsequent rehab and physical therapy was very expensive. I am pretty sure that my family did not have to pay anything since the injury happened while I was playing for La Tech.

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

Because he can live anywhere he wants to and people will come to him... that's probably why he lives in B'ham and also like it was mentioned above, B'ham is a huge medical community.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

He took the amount my insurance would pay. I had an outstanding balance after insurance of a little over $1k. I mailed them the check and they mailed it back to me saying he would not charge me the difference. I am not sure how many new patients he personally is taking anymore. I know that others have called and someone else in his office would see them. I went to him 15 years ago.

+ Reply to Thread