+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GM payback claims, a hoax

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: GM payback claims, a hoax

I'll keep buying GM unless they start having problems like Toyota. I don't expect to need a new truck anyway soon though, my old 93 GMC still runs like new even if it does have 182,000 miles on it.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I'll keep buying GM unless they start having problems like Toyota. I don't expect to need a new truck anyway soon though, my old 93 GMC still runs like new even if it does have 182,000 miles on it.
    You are the exception....my dad's GM blew in 3 years.

And they are 72.5% corrupt government now....that alone is enough for me.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Complaint filed with the FTC

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...-92788939.html

Treasury officials put $17.4 billion of the $49.5 billion in an escrow account, which required GM to obtain Treasury’s approval before making withdrawals. Since the repayment described by GM head Ed Whitacre in the television spots came from this escrow account, the government approved the withdrawal for that purpose.
    In fact, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner issued a statement praising GM's repayment "in full" and cited it as evidence that the Obama administration's economy recovery progam was working as intended for the automaker.
    CEI said in its complaint that GM's ads sought to make consumers think the company has returned to profitability when in fact it has not. (The company reported last month that it lost $4.3 billion in the second half of 2009).

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Robbing Peter to pay Peter. Gotta love it!

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    People all over this country are disgusted with GM and the liar that is its CEO. The fallout from this is far from over for them.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post

Got a 90 Chevy pickup with 170K+ miles. Runs like a champ. Was my dad's until he passed away in 03. He kept it in great shape and I have had no problems with it since. I will drive it until it falls apart.

Got our son a Wrangler a few years back. Great little vehicle and a lot of fun to drive, which is why I would (or at least was) consider getting one. Plus, I think they just look cool.

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

I gave up on GM in when they got rid of Pontiac Saturn....

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I still dont understand the need for a GMC and Chevy brand. They both offer basically the exact same vehicle with different trim options. Its stupid really.

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I still dont understand the need for a GMC and Chevy brand. They both offer basically the exact same vehicle with different trim options. Its stupid really.
    Exactly!!! Also why would you keep Buick...?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I owned a GMC truck once that had an emblem on one side that said "Sierra" and one on the other side that said "Silverado". The dealer wanted to replace the "Silverado" emblem but I wouldn't let him.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Got a 90 Chevy pickup with 170K+ miles. Runs like a champ. Was my dad's until he passed away in 03. He kept it in great shape and I have had no problems with it since. I will drive it until it falls apart.

Got our son a Wrangler a few years back. Great little vehicle and a lot of fun to drive, which is why I would (or at least was) consider getting one. Plus, I think they just look cool.
    I talked to a gentleman at a car show this weekend that had a 1965 Chevy truck. He bought it in 1972 and drove it up until about 8 years ago. He's done a real nice restoration on it and put a 327 engine in it. It looks really good.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase an older used GM vehicle.

I don't want to buy a new one though.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

So now the GM CEO is the expert and wants to dictate government policy. Hum....will Obama cater to the union monster and his political contributors at the expense of the American people yet again??

link
    GM chief pushing for higher gas taxes...

Varsity Bulldog dphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    So now the GM CEO is the expert and wants to dictate government policy. Hum....will Obama cater to the union monster and his political contributors at the expense of the American people yet again??

link
    GM chief pushing for higher gas taxes...
    I wonder if its the other way around. For the Goverment to let GM free. They have to say exactly what the White House wants.

I wouldn't buy a GM vehicle before the bail out though.

+ Reply to Thread