+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes????

Puppy Smallballrules isn't thought very highly of around hereSmallballrules isn't thought very highly of around hereSmallballrules isn't thought very highly of around hereSmallballrules isn't thought very highly of around hereSmallballrules isn't thought very highly of around here

Changes????

Understood Coach Sim to say that changes were fixing to be made...are we starting with the coaching staff?? should..for the last 2 years they have the same ways of practice and pitching...CHANGE THAT!!! your pitchers you have together aren't working....you have a bench to use..USE IT!! the same players are playing every game and aren't getting it done...what you have is the same ole thing every weekend...they were threatened with taking away schlorships last year..maybe he needs to try it again...I will continue to watch Tech baseball, but love to walk out of the ballpark with a positive feeling...haven't had that in a while... COME ON LET'S SEE WHEN & WHERE THE CHANGES ARE GONNA START!!!:bigcry:

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Re: Changes????

Quote Originally Posted by Smallballrules View Post
    Understood Coach Sim to say that changes were fixing to be made...are we starting with the coaching staff?? should..for the last 2 years they have the same ways of practice and pitching...CHANGE THAT!!! your pitchers you have together aren't working....you have a bench to use..USE IT!! the same players are playing every game and aren't getting it done...what you have is the same ole thing every weekend...they were threatened with taking away schlorships last year..maybe he needs to try it again...I will continue to watch Tech baseball, but love to walk out of the ballpark with a positive feeling...haven't had that in a while... COME ON LET'S SEE WHEN & WHERE THE CHANGES ARE GONNA START!!!:bigcry:
    What changes do you suggest be made, playerwise? I would say that most, if not all, of the pitchers on staff have been given an opportunity. We are very short on pitching, everyone knows that. Up until this weekend, we have pitched about as well as could be expected. Maybe even a little better than expected. The lack of arms finally caught up with us against a VERY good team. I think we have been swinging the bats well so you can't be complaining about position players. You add Stefan, Anderson, and a healthy Myers into the mix and we would not be having this conversation. Yes, 2 or 3 guys can make that big of a difference. So tell us, oh wise one, how would you change the lineup?

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

11 of our regulars hitting .297 or better, 8 of which are .325 or better. I'd say changes aren't needed in the field. See Mentechsters post regarding pitching. So what do you suggest smallball??

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    11 of our regulars hitting .297 or better, 8 of which are .325 or better. I'd say changes aren't needed in the field. See Mentechsters post regarding pitching. So what do you suggest smallball??

Sitting at 31 in the nation

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-basebl/...g-average.html

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    .....out of 300 teams (292 teams+8 reclass.)!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

pitching and defense win in baseball

Oh, yeah, if you're damn good at hitting you can win some games, sure, by out-scoring some teams. But to win consistently, and especially to make the NCAAs requires p & d.

That is no big secret, of course.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

None of this is rocket science nor difficult to figure out.
    Few guys recruited to play a position and pitch haven't pitched but playing positions mainly.
    4 out of remainder of pitchers, not walkons or academic walkons, etc. are out or couple beginning to work but not ready.
    On few scholarships to baseball and rare conference that plays 4 game series it spells disaster. Some guys that wouldn't be pitching getting to earn stay or exit.
    Defense a little below avg fielding pct. wise and can be improved a little more.

I am not surprised at some of the outcomes during season based on the above. Don't like it, but not surprised. I was concerned about pitching after we left fall with Richard through and Anderson, Fairbanks, and Meyers sitting. Then spring and Anderson goes ahead and takes medical RS and Jeb went down...things to worse.

I have seen worse seasons and teams in Tech baseball in history over the years.

Got more to worry about than baseball. Besides, we still don't put enough into it budget wise to make additional improvement.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Maybe Sim is going to step down?

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the budget/resources, not sure who some think will do better than Sim has.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    Maybe Sim is going to step down?
    No, he's not stepping down.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Of course not....

like that guy in the movie Secret of My Success, who says "I can't afford to lose this job. No one in their right mind would hire me."

Still waiting to hear your changes, smallballs.

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

people want to harp on a coach for playing guys and this and that.. but is anyone actually at practice to see the alternatives? does anyone ever think that maybe he's playing the best he has at the moment (due to injuries with the pitching staff correct?) everyone always thinks that they have the answer to struggles.. a coach can prepare a team over and over and over again, and that team can take thousands of cuts and thousands of ground balls at practice, but in the end, the players have to get out on the field and perform.. the coach cannot do that for them.. i'm thinking that sim does not go out there and jack around at practice and do things halfway.. he's had successful seasons in the past.. so far this season has not been the best but its also not one of the worst.. we're a young pitching staff.. give it time.. we'll take our bumps this year but each game those guys get out there and pitch, they're gonna get better.. from what i've seen offensively we've done fine.. defense has got to get better of course, but its not just awful.. just make the wac tourney and then all bets are off.. who knows, we get on a hot streak and good things start happening.. its been done before by others (fresno st for ex)

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguylatech View Post
    people want to harp on a coach for playing guys and this and that.. but is anyone actually at practice to see the alternatives? does anyone ever think that maybe he's playing the best he has at the moment (due to injuries with the pitching staff correct?) everyone always thinks that they have the answer to struggles.. a coach can prepare a team over and over and over again, and that team can take thousands of cuts and thousands of ground balls at practice, but in the end, the players have to get out on the field and perform.. the coach cannot do that for them.. i'm thinking that sim does not go out there and jack around at practice and do things halfway.. he's had successful seasons in the past.. so far this season has not been the best but its also not one of the worst.. we're a young pitching staff.. give it time.. we'll take our bumps this year but each game those guys get out there and pitch, they're gonna get better.. from what i've seen offensively we've done fine.. defense has got to get better of course, but its not just awful.. just make the wac tourney and then all bets are off.. who knows, we get on a hot streak and good things start happening.. its been done before by others (fresno st for ex)
    How long has Sim been here? How many more years do we have to give him before all the bad luck is finally gone? It's not like you can't build a winning college baseball program in Louisiana... let's see, LSU and Tulane usually are pretty good, oh and Southeastern was ranked (is ranked?) in the Top 25 this year. Yeah, that Southeastern, the one in Hammond.

Let's get their coach. Apparently he has better luck.

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    How long has Sim been here? How many more years do we have to give him before all the bad luck is finally gone? It's not like you can't build a winning college baseball program in Louisiana... let's see, LSU and Tulane usually are pretty good, oh and Southeastern was ranked (is ranked?) in the Top 25 this year. Yeah, that Southeastern, the one in Hammond.

Let's get their coach. Apparently he has better luck.

here's what i know (not talking anything about luck).. he took a team last year that nothing was expected of and did pretty well.. this year he's taking a pitchin staff that to me is not very strong and they seem to be playing pretty average.. which usually isn't bad when nobody expects crap from you.. now is he going to beat the powerhouses with this staff? no.. this team will struggle against a good hitting ball club.. but if they can pull together and win some games here at the end.. build some confidence.. who says we can't put together a little run in the wac tournament.. look i want to see a winner more than anyone.. im one of the most competitive people i know.. but i'm also a coach and i know that injuries can take a promising club and make things more difficult.. i think sim is making the best of a tough situation and not doing a horrible job.. and i'm hoping he can get them going here at the end and make a run

+ Reply to Thread