+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Changes????

Bulldog Ghost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the ears

Re: Changes????

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    See what happens when one of our programs lags....we get riff-raff visiting the board.

Just a FYI....the WAC has won the CWS twice in the last 7 years: Rice (2003) and Fresno (2008). How many CWS titles does the SLC have, ever?????

Not gonna argue about 2010 RPI, cuz I haven't checked it. But in the WAC we expect to compete for national championships. My personal opinion is sim hasn't demonstrated he has the capacity to elevate Tech's program to a level where reaching/winning the CWS will ever happen. I wanna see Tech play in Omaha. Apparently, for some on this forum, that makes me a flamer....oh, a FLAMER.

Louisiana has some of the best amateur baseball in the nation. Starting in Dixie Youth, at young ages, kids are playing at a high level. We also have the climate that attracts youngsters that play baseball. As does East Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, etc... So! sim should be able to recruit some decent players. As apparently SLU has done. I am never surprised to see any Louisiana school doing well in baseball. It should happen here....and at Tech too.
    Sorry but I have to disagree about "Dixie"
    A fine program for its purpose. But, the baseball is not very competitive.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Guess it depends on where it is. But, I was trying not to head down the path of mentioning the Babe Ruth League vs. the Pony League (13-15 yr olds) or Dizzy Dean League vs. Dixie Seniors, etc.. I just lumped all youth baseball under the "Dixie" umbrella.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Negative Ghostrider!! Where are you from? I know that Dixie league programs in my part of the world are very competitive and turn out some pretty good ball players.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theboro View Post
    That's a bogus excuse. If you played tough non-con games and won them, playing other WAC schools would only help, especially with the four game series.
    You make good points, but you can't honestly say that a Sunbelt team (or any other conference) wouldn't be negatively affected in multiple ways by 4 game conference weekends. Bottom line is the 4 game conference weekend sucks and hurts all WAC teams.
    As for Tech, traveling out west was cool and the competition was awesome, but the travel definitely wore on us and does the current teams as well. Tech would/will be better off in a closer to home conference.

Bulldog theboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetheboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetheboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetheboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetheboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetheboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetheboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetheboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetheboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetheboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetheboro Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    You make good points, but you can't honestly say that a Sunbelt team (or any other conference) wouldn't be negatively affected in multiple ways by 4 game conference weekends. Bottom line is the 4 game conference weekend sucks and hurts all WAC teams.
    As for Tech, traveling out west was cool and the competition was awesome, but the travel definitely wore on us and does the current teams as well. Tech would/will be better off in a closer to home conference.
    I have no doubts that there are negative effects to the four-game series.

However, I seriously doubt it's enough to sway any particular team's RPI by nearly 100 points or to the point that it affects the conference's ranking by more than 2 or 3 slots.

+ Reply to Thread