+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes????

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Re: Changes????

Quote Originally Posted by Smallballrules View Post
    Understood Coach Sim to say that changes were fixing to be made...are we starting with the coaching staff?? should..for the last 2 years they have the same ways of practice and pitching...CHANGE THAT!!! your pitchers you have together aren't working....you have a bench to use..USE IT!! the same players are playing every game and aren't getting it done...what you have is the same ole thing every weekend...they were threatened with taking away schlorships last year..maybe he needs to try it again...I will continue to watch Tech baseball, but love to walk out of the ballpark with a positive feeling...haven't had that in a while... COME ON LET'S SEE WHEN & WHERE THE CHANGES ARE GONNA START!!!:bigcry:

You should contact Sim and go by and visit and share your thoughts with him.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguylatech View Post
    here's what i know (not talking anything about luck).. he took a team last year that nothing was expected of and did pretty well.. this year he's taking a pitchin staff that to me is not very strong and they seem to be playing pretty average.. which usually isn't bad when nobody expects crap from you.. now is he going to beat the powerhouses with this staff? no.. this team will struggle against a good hitting ball club.. but if they can pull together and win some games here at the end.. build some confidence.. who says we can't put together a little run in the wac tournament.. look i want to see a winner more than anyone.. im one of the most competitive people i know.. but i'm also a coach and i know that injuries can take a promising club and make things more difficult.. i think sim is making the best of a tough situation and not doing a horrible job.. and i'm hoping he can get them going here at the end and make a run
    You sim kool-aid drinkers say this every frickin' year. Every year injuries decimate the pitching staff. I could buy that once in a while, but this is the 10th straight year where lo and behold injuries have ruined the season. Man! sim has some rotten luck. Which is why I advocate getting a coach with better luck!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You sim kool-aid drinkers say this every frickin' year. Every year injuries decimate the pitching staff. I could buy that once in a while, but this is the 10th straight year where lo and behold injuries have ruined the season. Man! sim has some rotten luck. Which is why I advocate getting a coach with better luck!
    Or hire a pitching coach with more luck. There is another common denominator in your above statement you know.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

The WAC is just a little bit tougher than TWU.

Wow! Tech and ulm fans flaming each other over embarassing losses.

Just shows that BOTH Tech and ulm suck in baseball

What is Sim's career record? I posted this same question a year or two ago, and no one replied. Gee, I wonder why. I also questioned the quality of the program after Sim was here only a year or two and was lamblasted cuz Sim was personally installing seats at Love Field. "He's building a program," his supporters said. I suggested he be put in charge of facility improvement instead of being the baseball coach. "Give him time," I was told.

You can look up those threads, if you wish. But, I posted then, and reiterate now, I don't see it. You only have to watch the team play a couple of games and you leave wondering, where is the coaching?

But, all of you that predicted Sim would do great things were right. Great things, indeed. So....

How many trips to the NCAAs?
    How many WAC titles?
    What is his career record at Tech?
    Just how long does it take to build a program?

No, seriously, someone? Anyone?

A "childish flamer" to boot! Let's get it straight. :icon_wink:

Okay, I stand corrected, TWU could win the WAC! And since we just swept them, I expect Tech to win the WAC.

Don't try to deal in reality with these sim kool-aid drinkers.

I stated years ago that his teams are some of the poorest coached I've seen. Well, perhaps it's not so much "poor" coaching as it's "no" coaching. Maybe sim thinks this is like a church softball league where you pencil in a line-up and HOPE they play well. Either way, he ain't getting it done.

But, maybe the team had a bad weekend and will get its act together. After all, we did sweep Texas Wesleyan, a real powerhouse! and I got raked for stating the WAC is tougher than TWU.

Hyper-sensitive, just a tad?

I wasn't paying attention...and didn't know who (whom) RC was replying to...when I made the generic comment aimed at sim's defenders, which yes, I did use the term kool-aid drinkers. I was only referring, in general, to a few posters who think sim is the greatest coach of all time! no matter how many years go by with no post-season trip.

How many years has sim been here(8? 10?) and when might we expect a trip to the NCAAs? I think those are fair questions. And, no, I don't agree it's a silly discussion at all. If sim can't get it done, find someone who can.

I also disagree it's "giving up" on opening conference weekend too. This year is just more of the same losing. This is not his first or second season when one might give him a chance. He's had his chance to build the program

The ones who have never reply to simple questions, such as, how many years has sim had to build the program, and who make it a point to call others flamers for daring to point out the obvious.

Of course my use of that expression "greatest coach of all time" is an absurdity designed to illustrate how absurd sim's defenders are. The best anyone can say about sim is he is mediocre.

Yeah, by its nature, baseball is a sport where teams lose games "just because." In the bigs it is said every team wins 60 games, and loses 60 games, it's what they do with the other 42 games that separate winners from losers.

sim's defenders write off losses to LSUS and Alcorn and others as "oh well...that's baseball." Okay....fine....then how about this: wins over Minnesota and the two over SJSU are just because "oh well.....those were just "baseball" losses for those teams, and not "wins" for Tech." Oh! hmmm.....bet many don't like that thought, eh. Sorry, ya can't have it both ways.

His overall career record at Tech is below .500. Like Dooley did for the FB program, I give credit to sim for improving the facilities and making some strides early in his career here to move the baseball program forward. But, at some point, his efforts have to manifest themselves into actually WINNING on the diamond.

Go Pilots!

LSUS often advances to the NAIA World Series. Of course, there is excellent amateur baseball played in Louisiana, from Little League thru high school and into the American Legion ranks. So, it ain't hard for any decent coach to recruit and win here.

Considering how much time is involved for baseball players you would think they could spend 2 hours more constructively, like, I dunno, in a study hall catching up on the books.

What???? D80, you actually expect student-athletes to be "students" ??????

Of course not....

like that guy in the movie Secret of My Success, who says "I can't afford to lose this job. No one in their right mind would hire me."

Dawg80, just a sampling of your last 12 posts on the baseball board. You are no doubt, a 100%, true FLAMER. That's pretty easy to see.Go find your boyfriend beaux66 and fondle each other.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Or hire a pitching coach with more luck. There is another common denominator in your above statement you know.
    The same pitching coach that has sent how many guys to the next level since he's been here? Sounds like a great idea.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

I assure you, I have looked at the so-called kool-aid drinkers, and most of them are former players of Sim's including myself. You think we might be defending him because we know how hard he works? We know what it takes, and unfortunatly the team isn't getting it done, but the coaching staff is still working their asses off I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    I assure you, I have looked at the so-called kool-aid drinkers, and most of them are former players of Sim's including myself. You think we might be defending him because we know how hard he works? We know what it takes, and unfortunatly the team isn't getting it done, but the coaching staff is still working their asses off I assure you.
    I guess I'm a kool-aid drinker too and I didn't even play for him. I'm a former player, but before he was here. I see how much better it is now compared to then. I see how hard the entire staff works, and how little they are supported by the university. Some of you absolutely have no idea. So if some on here want to call me a kool-aid drinker, that's fine. Pour me another glass.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    I guess I'm a kool-aid drinker too and I didn't even play for him. I'm a former player, but before he was here. I see how much better it is now compared to then. I see how hard the entire staff works, and how little they are supported by the university. Some of you absolutely have no idea. So if some on here want to call me a kool-aid drinker, that's fine. Pour me another glass.
    Support comes from alumni and fans. Lots of fence riders got disgusted when our team didn't even play in its hosted tournament. I saved vacation for that week but I went to Vegas instead.

I support all TECH athletics with my LTAC donation. But Sim has lost me as a true supporter. Do something and I'll get interested again.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Support comes from alumni and fans. Lots of fence riders got disgusted when our team didn't even play in its hosted tournament. I saved vacation for that week but I went to Vegas instead.

I support all TECH athletics with my LTAC donation. But Sim has lost me as a true supporter. Do something and I'll get interested again.
    Did you stop supporting the Women's basketball program when they were down? What about the Football? Mens Basketball? A TRUE SUPPORTER is someone who supports no matter the circumstances. Not just when the teams are winning. The Bandwagon hops off at the next stop, feel free to join them.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Over 1 season? Wow.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

When I say true supporter, I mean taking time off work and driving 5 hours to a game. My monetary contributions to any program at TECH has not diminished.

I'm uninterested in TECH baseball at this point. Just don't embarass the university.

When I say true supporter, I mean taking time off work and driving 5 hours to a game. My monetary contributions to any program at TECH has not diminished.

I'm uninterested in TECH baseball at this point. Just don't embarass the university.
    What type of embarrassment are we talking? Starting QB gets a DWI and is all over the national news for it type stuff? I'm sure the football team still gets your support after that embarrassing situation.

What type of embarrassment are we talking? Starting QB gets a DWI and is all over the national news for it type stuff? I'm sure the football team still gets your support after that embarrassing situation.
    I'm no RJ supporter but individual mistakes don't cast dark shadows over the entire program.

Getting 10 run ruled and beaten by Alcorn are more embarrasing for a team than a dumbass driving drunk.

If you want to continue to support Sim and his staff, go ahead. Your numbers are dwindling.

I'm no RJ supporter but individual mistakes don't cast dark shadows over the entire program.

Getting 10 run ruled and beaten by Alcorn are more embarrasing for a team than a dumbass driving drunk.

If you want to continue to support Sim and his staff, go ahead. Your numbers are dwindling.
    I guess the football team getting beat by 40+ in the past years is the same as a 10 run rule... and I'm sure there has never been an embarrassing loss

I guess the football team getting beat by 40+ in the past years is the same as a 10 run rule... and I'm sure there has never been an embarrassing loss
    Absolutely

Football is prime steak while baseball is a BLT. I enjoy both but a bad steak will get people upset and get sent back. A bad BLT will cause you to order something else next time.

+ Reply to Thread