+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes????

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Changes????

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Absolutely

Football is prime steak while baseball is a BLT. I enjoy both but a bad steak will get people upset and get sent back. A bad BLT will cause you to order something else next time.
    You cannot hold different coaches to the same standards if you are regarding their respective sports as different. It is only regarded as such when a person wanting steak is on a budget for bacon.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    The same pitching coach that has sent how many guys to the next level since he's been here? Sounds like a great idea.
    Like who??

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Like who??
    Are you serious?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Are you serious?
    It's an honest question. I have only really paid attention to the baseball program for the last 4 years. I can't think of a single pitcher that's made it to AA or above. So YES, I AM serious... WHO?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

It's an honest question. I have only really paid attention to the baseball program for the last 4 years. I can't think of a single pitcher that's made it to AA or above. So YES, I AM serious... WHO?
    Don't know what level they made it to (don't know why that's relevant to this discussion) but here's just a few off the top of my head--knotts, burnett, gwaltney, blalock, brewster, sonnier. There are lots more.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Don't know what level they made it to (don't know why that's relevant to this discussion) but here's just a few off the top of my head--knotts, burnett, gwaltney, blalock, brewster, sonnier. There are lots more.
    Brad Chedister, Jericho Jones (could've been a 3rd round pick), Dylan Moseley drafted a few times. These are off the top of my head

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Brad Chedister, Jericho Jones (could've been a 3rd round pick), Dylan Moseley drafted a few times. These are off the top of my head
    But weren't most of these kids drafted out of H.S. as well? I mean really........

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    But weren't most of these kids drafted out of H.S. as well? I mean really........
    No they weren't. And if they were, I'm sure they were drafted earlier after being at Tech.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    No they weren't. And if they were, I'm sure they were drafted earlier after being at Tech.
    I would sure hope so.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Changes????

I know Dan Marino wore # 13 and was reasonably successful but maybe coach Sim should consider changing his uniform number !!!!

You didn't get the point. If the football coach had a girlfriend half his age, it would be an issue.
    What? Sim has a girlfriend half his age? Ha, he wishes.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

If the football coach had a girlfriend half his age, it would be an issue.

Especially since he is already married.... :icon_wink:

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The WAC is just a little bit tougher than TWU.

Wow! Tech and ulm fans flaming each other over embarassing losses.

Just shows that BOTH Tech and ulm suck in baseball

What is Sim's career record? I posted this same question a year or two ago, and no one replied. Gee, I wonder why. I also questioned the quality of the program after Sim was here only a year or two and was lamblasted cuz Sim was personally installing seats at Love Field. "He's building a program," his supporters said. I suggested he be put in charge of facility improvement instead of being the baseball coach. "Give him time," I was told.

You can look up those threads, if you wish. But, I posted then, and reiterate now, I don't see it. You only have to watch the team play a couple of games and you leave wondering, where is the coaching?

But, all of you that predicted Sim would do great things were right. Great things, indeed. So....

How many trips to the NCAAs?
    How many WAC titles?
    What is his career record at Tech?
    Just how long does it take to build a program?

No, seriously, someone? Anyone?

A "childish flamer" to boot! Let's get it straight. :icon_wink:

Okay, I stand corrected, TWU could win the WAC! And since we just swept them, I expect Tech to win the WAC.

Don't try to deal in reality with these sim kool-aid drinkers.

I stated years ago that his teams are some of the poorest coached I've seen. Well, perhaps it's not so much "poor" coaching as it's "no" coaching. Maybe sim thinks this is like a church softball league where you pencil in a line-up and HOPE they play well. Either way, he ain't getting it done.

But, maybe the team had a bad weekend and will get its act together. After all, we did sweep Texas Wesleyan, a real powerhouse! and I got raked for stating the WAC is tougher than TWU.

Hyper-sensitive, just a tad?

I wasn't paying attention...and didn't know who (whom) RC was replying to...when I made the generic comment aimed at sim's defenders, which yes, I did use the term kool-aid drinkers. I was only referring, in general, to a few posters who think sim is the greatest coach of all time! no matter how many years go by with no post-season trip.

How many years has sim been here(8? 10?) and when might we expect a trip to the NCAAs? I think those are fair questions. And, no, I don't agree it's a silly discussion at all. If sim can't get it done, find someone who can.

I also disagree it's "giving up" on opening conference weekend too. This year is just more of the same losing. This is not his first or second season when one might give him a chance. He's had his chance to build the program

The ones who have never reply to simple questions, such as, how many years has sim had to build the program, and who make it a point to call others flamers for daring to point out the obvious.

Of course my use of that expression "greatest coach of all time" is an absurdity designed to illustrate how absurd sim's defenders are. The best anyone can say about sim is he is mediocre.

Yeah, by its nature, baseball is a sport where teams lose games "just because." In the bigs it is said every team wins 60 games, and loses 60 games, it's what they do with the other 42 games that separate winners from losers.

sim's defenders write off losses to LSUS and Alcorn and others as "oh well...that's baseball." Okay....fine....then how about this: wins over Minnesota and the two over SJSU are just because "oh well.....those were just "baseball" losses for those teams, and not "wins" for Tech." Oh! hmmm.....bet many don't like that thought, eh. Sorry, ya can't have it both ways.

His overall career record at Tech is below .500. Like Dooley did for the FB program, I give credit to sim for improving the facilities and making some strides early in his career here to move the baseball program forward. But, at some point, his efforts have to manifest themselves into actually WINNING on the diamond.

Go Pilots!

LSUS often advances to the NAIA World Series. Of course, there is excellent amateur baseball played in Louisiana, from Little League thru high school and into the American Legion ranks. So, it ain't hard for any decent coach to recruit and win here.

Considering how much time is involved for baseball players you would think they could spend 2 hours more constructively, like, I dunno, in a study hall catching up on the books.

What???? D80, you actually expect student-athletes to be "students" ??????

Of course not....

like that guy in the movie Secret of My Success, who says "I can't afford to lose this job. No one in their right mind would hire me."

Dawg80, just a sampling of your last 12 posts on the baseball board. You are no doubt, a 100%, true FLAMER. That's pretty easy to see.Go find your boyfriend beaux66 and fondle each other.
    Wow! look at the level the kool-aiders stoop to. Can't win the argument? Then attempt to deflect attention.

You can post whatever crap you wish, doesn't change the facts: sim sucks.

Yeah, I bet New Mexico State just loves sim....as Tech's coach. Of course they do.

Last 12 quotes? Where's the one about SLU being ranked in the Top 25? Just didn't want to bring that up, did ya? Of course not. OMG! No way can little ole, Southland Conference member SLU be successful, and sim continue to be a big loser. No way! So....shhhhhh! no one mention that SLU can win in baseball, but Tech can't.

BTW, what flavor of kool-aid do you prefer? To show there is no hard feelings, I'll send ya some.

Like I admitted earlier. I have not paid any attention to TECH Baseball from before 4 years ago, so I found a good site....

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/teams/alumni/20140.shtml

Luke was BAD at Tech. Had all the talent in the world, but did next to nothing here. I think that we all know that his last year here, he was actually a drag on the pitching staff. He was drafted because he's 6'8" and can throw in the mid 90's. He was NOT something that I would brag on Tree/Sim about.

Gwaltny had a 3-12 record at TECH!!!!!!! (could only find stats from 2002)

Chedister <--- The link speaks for itself....

A couple of those guys were not here with Sim and a couple more left after his first year. He gets no credit for them.

Like I admitted earlier. I have not paid any attention to TECH Baseball from before 4 years ago, so I found a good site....

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/teams/alumni/20140.shtml

Luke was BAD at Tech. Had all the talent in the world, but did next to nothing here. I think that we all know that his last year here, he was actually a drag on the pitching staff. He was drafted because he's 6'8" and can throw in the mid 90's. He was NOT something that I would brag on Tree/Sim about.

Gwaltny had a 3-12 record at TECH!!!!!!! (could only find stats from 2002)

Chedister <--- The link speaks for itself....

A couple of those guys were not here with Sim and a couple more left after his first year. He gets no credit for them.
    You asked what pitchers had gone to the next level. I was listing ones that played under Rountree. I only listed a few off the top of my head. Wasn't bragging on him about Luke, just listing names. He also recruited most of the hitters that have gone on to play pro ball. All for peanuts.

+ Reply to Thread