+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is a Ruston Native

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

This is a Ruston Native

named Seth Jones. His parents still live here in Ruston and his dad is an owner of Triad Builders of Ruston. They are all super nice people. If I am not mistaken, Seth went to Ruston High School at the same time as my wife. I think Kristen has told me that he used to have a band but has since started concentrating on just writing songs. Anyway, this was posted by someone else on Facebook and I thought it was really good and you guys might enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgf8YnOfkBI

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Re: This is a Ruston Native

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherjlt View Post
    named Seth Jones. His parents still live here in Ruston and his dad is an owner of Triad Builders of Ruston. They are all super nice people. If I am not mistaken, Seth went to Ruston High School at the same time as my wife. I think Kristen has told me that he used to have a band but has since started concentrating on just writing songs. Anyway, this was posted by someone else on Facebook and I thought it was really good and you guys might enjoy it.

He is Bert Jones nephew. Was a good pole vaulter at RHS. I believe he pole vaulted at Belmont in Nashville.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Actually here is a video of the news station in Nashville doing a story about Seth pole vaulting at Belmont, and working with music.

http://www.youtube.com/user/songwrit.../2/kcpeT5W6zp0

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, his dad Tom (Arkansas QB), etc. are all good folks.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, Tennessee in its present state, has never been landlocked. There are many boats that come up the Tombigbee Waterway from the Gulf to the Tennessee River every day.
    Last edited by DONW; 05-04-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    He is Bert Jones nephew. Was a good pole vaulter at RHS. I believe he pole vaulted at Belmont in Nashville.
    His Uncle Bill played at Tech.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Actually, Tennessee in its present state, has never been landlocked. There are many boats that come up the Tomgigbee Waterway from the Gulf to the Tennessee River every day.
    It's artistic liscence. Dont overthink it.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Seth's a few years younger than your wife. He was in 8th grade when she was a senior and was a freshman when I was a senior. He's a great guy and was a former guitarist in the contemporary Christian band Mikeschair, which was nominated for four Dove Awards this year, including Song of the Year. Seth left Mikeschair to become a songwriter for Curb Records, and he's written a number of country and Christian songs. Although he's not a Tech guy, he's a Ruston guy who still has a lot of ties to the community.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread