+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Nebraska, Mizzou, and Colorado

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Nebraska, Mizzou, and Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Could very well end up in the Pac 14/16 after the dust settles.

DR needs to understand that a large part of his legacy also depends on how Tech comes out this new world order. They past three years have been good, but he cannot rest on that. Hopefully, things are going 120 MPH behind the scenes to get us where we need to be.
    More like 55 MPH. EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALL DR's OFFICE AND EXPRESS THEIR DESIRE THAT CONFERENCE AFFILIATION AND THE SOUTH END-ZONE PROJECT BE TECH'S NO. 1 PRIORITY AT THIS TIME.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    UT and A&M are a package deal, but Baylor is no longer in the package.

Ann Richards is no longer there to save them.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf...ory?id=5256377

I think Baylor has more pull in Austin then we know!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72 View Post

Baylor apparently still has some pretty sharp elbows in the Texas legislature.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Can they get enough legistalators with UT/A&M/TT ties to sign on to it? And can they get it passed before the contracts are signed? As I mentioned in another thread on this topic, if they force Baylor to go to the Pac 16, then the deal is sunk, UT/A&M/OU/OSU end up going elsewhere, and the Big 12 is still toast. Not sure they can garner enough support to push this through in time. It has not been until the last week or so that I thought that there was really any chance of UT leaving the Big 12, now I feel it is only a matter of time. If they leave the Big 12 will only be a shell of its former self. If Baylor sabotages the Pac 16 deal, then UT will either go solo to the Pac 12 apart from the other Texas schools, or end up in the Big 11/SEC. If that happens, I would not expect Baylor to get any breaks from the legislature for a couple of generations... :icon_wink:

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Can they get enough legistalators with UT/A&M/TT ties to sign on to it? And can they get it passed before the contracts are signed? As I mentioned in another thread on this topic, if they force Baylor to go to the Pac 16, then the deal is sunk, UT/A&M/OU/OSU end up going elsewhere, and the Big 12 is still toast. Not sure they can garner enough support to push this through in time. It has not been until the last week or so that I thought that there was really any chance of UT leaving the Big 12, now I feel it is only a matter of time. If they leave the Big 12 will only be a shell of its former self. If Baylor sabotages the Pac 16 deal, then UT will either go solo to the Pac 12 apart from the other Texas schools, or end up in the Big 11/SEC. If that happens, I would not expect Baylor to get any breaks from the legislature for a couple of generations... :icon_wink:
    Unlike Louisiana, Texas Schools work together and the legislators "Get It". In the state of louisana the schools work against each other fighting for money....in Texas there seems to be more less in-fighting.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Unlike Louisiana, Texas Schools work together and the legislators "Get It". In the state of louisana the schools work against each other fighting for money....in Texas there seems to be more less in-fighting.
    Sorry but I've lived in Texas since 1977, after growing up in Louisiana and graduating from TECH, and I don't buy that statement for one second.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the Louisiana legislators don't tell us that we can't join a conference without taking ULL and ULM with us.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I hope the Louisiana legislators don't tell us that we can't join a conference without taking ULL and ULM with us.
    That's not happening! We already left them behind when we joined the WAC. Our decision to move on has never looked so good!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    That's not happening! We already left them behind when we joined the WAC. Our decision to move on has never looked so good!!!!!
    Exactly!

While this is scary, it is also VERY exciting! We have some opportunities that, I am sure, some of us don't even realize!

+ Reply to Thread