+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Thankful Today!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

So Thankful Today!

Today I went to audit a tiny credit union in Sibley and was held at gunpoint with the people demanding money. The credit union doesn't have cash, so this was a big problem. Two different times one of them told me he was going to "blow my f***ing brains out." He said he was leaving without money and I had $20 in my purse. That is all they got. We had computers, blackberries, cell phones, ect., but no cash. I was asking God to please let me be here to raise my 3 children. I must say, I am VERY THANKFUL to be here tonight!!!!!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: So Thankful Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Today I went to audit a tiny credit union in Sibley and was held at gunpoint with the people demanding money. The credit union doesn't have cash, so this was a big problem. Two different times one of them told me he was going to "blow my f***ing brains out." He said he was leaving without money and I had $20 in my purse. That is all they got. We had computers, blackberries, cell phones, ect., but no cash. I was asking God to please let me be here to raise my 3 children. I must say, I am VERY THANKFUL to be here tonight!!!!!
    Oh, Kayla. I can't believe this happened. My heart just about stopped and I couldn't catch my breath when I read this post. Thank God you are safe and that no one was hurt. I am so thankful that someone I have come to regard as a friend was not harmed. I can't imagine how frightened you must have been. I am saying a prayer right now thanking the good Lord that you are ok. I'm so sorry you went through this. God bless you and your beautiful little family.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

I am VERY THANKFUL to be here tonight!!!!

I expect there's a bunch people around here thankful too. Why some events happen the way they do are hard to explain sometimes. Ask one of your youngsters to give you a hug on my behalf, please.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Do they know who these thugs are? I hope they have been caught and arrested by now.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Thanks guys! I don't think they will catch them. They had on masks and gloves. There was apparently a vehicle at the road that someone outside saw, but that is really all that they had to go on. I have to say, I saw the pistol, and I saw the rifle- when they told me to put my head down, I put my head down. They did say they were going to check the local schools to see if there were kids out today and follow up on that lead. The guys were probably somewhere between 18-22 or so. They could not have been much older, but looked more late teens - from what we could see. I have to admit, this woman was scared!!!!!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Do they know who these thugs are? I hope they have been caught and had their brains blown out.
    There, fixed it for you.

Glad you're ok. That would scare me to death.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    There, fixed it for you.

Glad you're ok. That would scare me to death.
    Thank you. That was much better!

I can't imagine what I would do if I was in a situation like that. I know I would have been terrified.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

My mother was working at the bank in Plain Dealing in 1981 when it was robbed. They took her out of her office and put her behnd the teller windows. One guy pointed a gun at her and told her to go get the money from a teller window about 15 feet away. As she started walking toward that window, another guy pointed a gun at her (from the opposite direction) and told her to stop. She had two guns pointed at her; one telling her to go, and one telling her to stop. She said all she could think about was being a little kid and having my grandfather tell her, "Someday your ability to control your fear could save your life." He had died about 6 months before the robbery occurred.

I'm glad that you are okay. You won't ever forget this, but you will feel thankful a lot more often. I hope they catch these guys and you get to testify against them and put them away.

On another note, how stupid do you have to be to rob a place with no cash? What a bunch of morons.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I can't imagine the feeling of knowing that my life hung on the judgment and decision-making skills of depraved stupid jackasses.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    My mother was working at the bank in Plain Dealing in 1981 when it was robbed. They took her out of her office and put her behnd the teller windows. One guy pointed a gun at her and told her to go get the money from a teller window about 15 feet away. As she started walking toward that window, another guy pointed a gun at her (from the opposite direction) and told her to stop. She had two guns pointed at her; one telling her to go, and one telling her to stop. She said all she could think about was being a little kid and having my grandfather tell her, "Someday your ability to control your fear could save your life." He had died about 6 months before the robbery occurred.

I'm glad that you are okay. You won't ever forget this, but you will feel thankful a lot more often. I hope they catch these guys and you get to testify against them and put them away.

On another note, how stupid do you have to be to rob a place with no cash? What a bunch of morons.
    There is a giant sign on the front door that says that they do not handle cash. The news had the story a little screwy, but they did show the sign and call them "stupid criminals".

Varsity Bulldog TechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the rough

I was held up a gun-point once in Alexandria when I was 16. I gave him the $13 I had in my wallet, then called the cops when he left. They picked him up about 15 minutes later and I got my money back. The kid that did it was 17, so I believe he was tried as an adult and sent to jail. I still don't understand why he would rob a 16 year old? Did he really think I had any money worth his time at 16?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Holy crap! Glad you are ok. I assume this is the Sibley out by Minden?

Thanks Juice. Yes, that Sibley.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Glad you are okay! I was in a bad car wreck a few months ago and other driver died... God has a way of watching over us.

As for the positive you are much less likely to be in the same situation again!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am so glad that you made it out of there. I have never been held at gunpoint - just an intruder with a gun broke into my house once and that was enough. I was upstairs and he was downstairs and I just caught a glimpse of him. Had a large dog and yelled that I was releasing him from upstairs if he didn't get out. The guy ran. I can't imagine going through what you did.

+ Reply to Thread