+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Might the SuperConferences Look Like?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: What Might the SuperConferences Look Like?

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    From the Sunday New Jersey Star Ledger:

http://media.nj.com/ledgerarchives/o...orBIG10.DT.pdf

5 All sports mega conferences & 1 basketball only mega conference.
    It amazes me that some of these journalist folks get paid.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GoGold View Post
    Regardless of what planet you've been on, welcome back to earth.

Of the six computor rankings used by the BCS, five of them (Billingsleys, Colley, Massey, Wolfe and Sargarin) all had the Big East ranked second at the end of last year. The other (Anderson) had them 4th, ahead of the Pac 10 and Big Ten.

Thin ice???
    Surely you understood what he meant right???? Right???

Puppy GoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    What OK is getting at, is that if all of the existing teams leave, then it will not be an AQ conference anymore and I agree. I foresee three leaving for the Big 16 and four more probably being picked up by the ACC. The only one I do not see a practical move for is Louisville and it would not surprise me to see them go somewhere as well. Just saying that if the BE in a couple of years consists of the CUSA east and say Louisville, Temple, and Buffalo, it will not be an AQ conference. I fully expect the big boys to form their own super group shortly after the dust settles from realignment. The BE, if raided, will not be a part of that super group. I only see four super conferences in the end (Big 16, SEC, ACC, Pac 14/16, and ND).

What will be funny is if they do split off, they will have to play their OCC games amongst themselves. No more "rent a win" for them.
    What he said was, and I quote," They are already on thin ice now with their current line-up." Nothing could be farther from the truth, and I simply pointed that out. With his only rebuttal being the ever so easy Mississippi insults only confirms it.

If OKIE was insulted from my post, his has some pretty thin skin, especially being on a college sports forum. You guys need to toughen him up some......OK.....maybe thats a understatement.

Puppy GoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGoGold Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    Back in the late 80's when I was in high school the bottom four was always Mississippi, West VA, Alabama and Louisiana. West VA and MS were usually the worst at everything and Bama and LA followed closey behind - not sure if things have changed now but we used to say in LA it could always be worse and we could be in MS.
    Alabama gets it right. They say Thank God for Mississippi. The same thing we do.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Surely you understood what he meant right???? Right???
    "They are already on thin ice now with their current line-up."

There is only one way to take it.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

I'm okay Gold! There will be BCS conferences left I just don't us and USM will be in one of them... Who knows though - should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    I'm okay Gold! There will be BCS conferences left I just don't us and USM will be in one of them... Who knows though - should be interesting
    We agree on that.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

If the Big East gets raided by the Big 10 and ACC after the SEC raids the ACC, USM should have a good shot at getting in the Big East. Read my post under Obstacles for Tech getting in CUSA.

+ Reply to Thread