+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JaMarcus Russell is Toast!

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

JaMarcus Russell is Toast!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...kingNewsHolder

I have to admit, I didn't see this coming when he was coming out of LSU but wow, what 3 year career!

Does this make him the biggest bust ever? Being the 1st pick and wasn't Ryan Leaf the 2nd pick and the former "biggest bust ever"?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: JaMarcus Russell is Toast!

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Rob View Post

Does this make him the biggest bust ever? Being the 1st pick and wasn't Ryan Leaf the 2nd pick and the former "biggest bust ever"?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,237173

Leaf still has him.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Other NFL teams will probably answer that question for you. Remember that Leaf got several opportunities with other teams because people saw promise in him. If Russell doesn't get another shot it will be because no other team believes in him. Plus, most people who are cast off by other teams end up with the Raiders. Where does he go now?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Other NFL teams will probably answer that question for you. Remember that Leaf got several opportunities with other teams because people saw promise in him. If Russell doesn't get another shot it will be because no other team believes in him. Plus, most people who are cast off by other teams end up with the Raiders. Where does he go now?
    I hope no one else picks him up. All of the money he has gotten to this point was all spent on gaudy jewelery. He's definitely too dumb to get a real job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI5iqO1rn8U

Puppy rpg005 seems to have something between the earsrpg005 seems to have something between the earsrpg005 seems to have something between the earsrpg005 seems to have something between the earsrpg005 seems to have something between the earsrpg005 seems to have something between the earsrpg005 seems to have something between the ears

Oakland is the worst place he could have gone....Jamarcus should have sat the bench for a few years in order to get experience. I agree that he didnt live up to his #1 pick, but he has no talent playing around him. Oakland is absolutly terrible. I hope someone picks him up though. That is a lot of wasted talent!

McFadden will be in the same boat Jamarcus is in come next year...IMO

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

rpg,

I have a feeling some other team will pick him up as a backup, but right now I honestly can't imagine who that would be. Maybe Buffalo, but I can't imagine a good team taking a chance on him.

This might sound like a technicality, but I disagree with you about his talent. I sort of draw a line between physically gifted and talented. There is no doubt that Russell is physically gifted, but if he doesn't do anything with it, then he can never realize his potential and therefore, never make it to the talented category. At least in my book. Again, I know that sounds like a technicality.

If it's true that he had a poor work ethic, then that's his own fault and it is the reason I don't consider him talented. The thing that makes guys like Peyton Manning and Drew Brees so good is there knowledge of the game, which comes primarily from studying film. The "last guy in the building and first guy out" will never achieve that level of success and will be considered a bust.

You do have a good point about the Raiders. Al Davis has been an albatross for them the last 8-10 years, but you can't fire the owner. They did pretty well this year in the draft, so maybe things are changing in that area, but I still think that most of the blame in this lies with Russell. Peyton Manning was a #1 overall pick and went to a BAD Colts team, but he worked hard to live up to the responsibility that comes with the #1 pick. Bad teams get to pick first as a way of improving their team, and they made a bad pick with Jamarcus.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpg005 View Post
    Oakland is the worst place he could have gone....Jamarcus should have sat the bench for a few years in order to get experience. I agree that he didnt live up to his #1 pick, but he has no talent playing around him. Oakland is absolutly terrible. I hope someone picks him up though. That is a lot of wasted talent!

Being surrounded by adequate talent is one thing. Not trying, not working out, not giving it your all when your getting payed 10s of millions of $$$ is inexcusable. Changing teams wont change that.

He came to spring training weighing over 300lbs....

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

As a Raiders fan, glad to see this happen. It has been discussed since before the draft and the trade for Campbell sealed the deal. Although I have doubts about Campbell as well, he is a huge upgrade over Russell. I was excited when he was drafted and had a lot of hope, but it started bad and went downhill from there. Very happy he is gone from the Raiders. I hope he has been wise with his money, if so he never has to work again. And I wish him the best in his future endeavours.

And yes, Al Davis is many years past his expiration date. He was brilliant once, but has not been worth a darn for a long time. It is the ulitmate dream of every Raider's fan that he gives up control of the team....like yesterday!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Here is an article from NFL.com with some interesting numbers:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Russell won just seven of his 25 starts as the Raiders extended an NFL-worst streak to seven consecutive seasons with at least 11 losses. He completed just 52.1 percent of his passes in his career with 18 touchdowns, 23 interceptions, 15 lost fumbles and a rating of 65.2.

That means Russell has been paid more than $5 million per win, more than $2 million per touchdown pass and more than $100,000 per completion.

While Russell's numbers are superior to Leaf's, he was paid considerably more money to do it and was picked first instead of second. Leaf's rookie contract with the San Diego Chargers guaranteed him just $11.25 million.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rpg005 View Post

Totally agree.....He could have gone to any other team and likely been ok after a few years......but going to that organization, with THAT owner....holy cow, how do they even win games???

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He was blessed with great talent, but was a thug when he came to lsu and he is still a thug.

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    He was blessed with great talent, but was a thug when he came to lsu and he is still a thug.
    Just because he can play or used to be able to play football doesn't change anything about who he is...
    I doubt that his thug factor has changed for the better

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Just because he can play or used to be able to play football doesn't change anything about who he is...
    I doubt that his thug factor has changed for the better
    Do we disagree on this?:icon_wink:

Years ago when he had been signed by lsu, I commented that he was a thug. I was called a racist for making the comment then.

+ Reply to Thread