+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sac St DoubleHeader (2nd Game)

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Sac St DoubleHeader (2nd Game)

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    FANTASTIC pitchin' performance for Mr. Jefferson. Sac St couldn't hit his fastball to save their lives. I glad that Mike, Clint, and Tree were able to recognize this and stick with it. Out of 128 pitches, I'd be willing to guess that 75 were fastballs. His pick-off move is also terrifying. It was funny to watch the last runner dive back to the bag when Mike was delivering a pitch to the plate. On the last pitch, he had that runner LITERALLY 1 step off the bag. He had NO idea what Mike was going to do.

My one complaint is the strategy of throwing junk in the dirt when you get to 0-2. I know that there was at least 2 batters that we got 0-2 and then comes dirtball (b1), high and outside (b2) and a nibble pitch (b3). Now you go from complete advantage to having to throw a meat pitch and hoping that he misses.

I got in lectured when I pitched in HS after going 0-2 and then the catcher called an inside curveball. Yea... I got him on the shoulder and he got a free base. If you have thrown 2 fastballs and he hasn't made contact yet, nibble with it and get him to wiff 3 times!! EVERYTIME that we get 0-2, a dirtball is coming. Never fails.
    HS is not the same as college. Throw a college hitter the same pitch three times i a row and they will put it in UP. It is called a waste pitch. Everyone does it, even the pro's.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

So if everyone in the stadium and dugout know that a dirtball is coming, is it really effective??

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

So if everyone in the stadium and dugout know that a dirtball is coming, is it really effective??
    Sounds like it.........he struck out 13.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

It is b/c is puts the thought in the batter's mind that the pitcher does have another pitch. It is not meant to be an out pitch, rather a set-up pitch. The fourth pitch is the one that is an out pitch, b/c now you have options in the batter's mind and you are mking hhim think.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    It is b/c is puts the thought in the batter's mind that the pitcher does have another pitch. It is not meant to be an out pitch, rather a set-up pitch. The fourth pitch is the one that is an out pitch, b/c now you have options in the batter's mind and you are mking hhim think.
    Well thank you for an intelligent reply rather than a "well it worked yesterday" kind of reply.

I can't remember the second time, but the first time, he ended up running the count full and then the guy hit a hard line drive that JFord made a nice running grab on.

Well thank you for an intelligent reply rather than a "well it worked yesterday" kind of reply.

I can't remember the second time, but the first time, he ended up running the count full and then the guy hit a hard line drive that JFord made a nice running grab on.
    It all depends on execution on pitches #4 and 5

+ Reply to Thread