+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ten makes offer to 4 schools

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Re: Big Ten makes offer to 4 schools

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON View Post
    Lateral move??? well....maybe...but we need to generate consistent competition that will draw fans....I would dare to say that attendance figures in our first year of cusa would jump 20% or better just for having competition within driving distance....throw in 2-3years of "close" nail biting games or some fun annual smack talk between cusa schools and JAS and other venues are at capacity and pulling + revenue yearly w/ excitement....I hate to say it but WTF is exciting about a road game to NMSU. SJSU, or even Fresno???? maybe for the handful of people that can afford to fly out to the westcoast it would be fun..but for the majority of us we cannot make those long trips for sub-par competition... Now...if Fiesta bowl comes calling I know EVERYONE makes the trip...but for the ho-hum schools named above...it just doesn't happen.... regional rivals is the ONLY way forward for our program....THEN things begin rolling..
    No disagreement there. However, from a conference money standpoint and prestige standpoint, it is a lateral move at best. Hey, I want to see more of the games than anyone on here. I simply wish we were in a position to be mentioned in all the uber-conference talk going on.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Don't kid yourself. When this is all over, the WAC may not even be in existence. Even if it is, without Boise, Fresno, and Hawaii, it will look like a west coast version of the Sunbelt. We either get an invite to C-USA, or we're destined to be one of the losers, just like any team left in the Sunbelt will be. As bad as it will be if we're left behind, it will be just the opposite if we're able to hitch our wagon onto C-USA.
    Geez. Sorry folks, I just set my sights higher than CUSA. Probably delusional, but why not the Big 12 when they go after replacements? I know it is a long shot of long shots but why the heck not?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    Geez. Sorry folks, I just set my sights higher than CUSA. Probably delusional, but why not the Big 12 when they go after replacements? I know it is a long shot of long shots but why the heck not?
    It is FINE to set your sites higher. We all should be doing that. I don't think we are in position to go for the top yet, though. Now, if Texas and A&M leaves the B12, that conference might get interesting - however, they will be scrambling hard to keep prestige.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

If TCU rolls to the Big 12 as a replacement then BSU swaps to MWC.

CUSA is far better than a Boise-less WAC!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    The Sunbelt is probably better than a Boise-less WAC
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Why don't they take all the schools in the country, and act as though they are prospects and have the conferences "draft" them. See where that gets everyone... hell then you could do away with the AQ's. This is meant to be sarcastic.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The Sunbelt is probably better than a Boise-less WAC
    Even without Boise, the belt is not better. Fresno, Hawaii, and Nevada pick up the slack there - plus USU in basketball.

The key is to get into CUSA or see if the B12 implodes. This is getting fun now!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

FWIW, my buddy from Nebraska said that the UN Chancellor has denied receiving an invite. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This is getting fun now!
    I'm not usually one to fret over this stuff, but this scares the hell out of me.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Even without Boise, the belt is not better. Fresno, Hawaii, and Nevada pick up the slack there - plus USU in basketball.

The key is to get into CUSA or see if the B12 implodes. This is getting fun now!
    Fresno and/or Nevada may not be there either.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Fresno and/or Nevada may not be there either.
    Yep -

My prediciton - we will have our official marching papers from the WAC by July 1st, no later than Sept 1st....

I thought it would be October two weeks ago -

But it looks like its REALLY happening

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yep -

My prediciton - we will have our official marching papers from the WAC by July 1st, no later than Sept 1st....

I thought it would be October two weeks ago -

But it looks like its REALLY happening
    I don't think it will be marching papers, I think it will be "begging to stay" papers, if the 3 teams above leave.

This may be scary, but it is exciting. Just have to move up, not down. I believe we will!

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    If TCU rolls to the Big 12 as a replacement then BSU swaps to MWC.

Boise WILL be offered by the MWC soon, per Fox n Company.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

i feel like we are on the outside looking in right now and that scares the hell out of me.

i'm really wishing that dooley had hung around another year....i think his strong armed tactics would have served us well during this critical time.

I don't think it will be marching papers, I think it will be "begging to stay" papers, if the 3 teams above leave.
    We will NOT be staying in a WESTERN based WAC conference - end of discussion

+ Reply to Thread