+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech's biggest obstacles to CUSA

Varsity Bulldog rcajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Tech's biggest obstacles to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Where have you been? We want S-E-P-A-R-A-T-I-O-N from ULL. We want them left behind in the Sunbelt with ULM. At least I do.
    I would think that Tech fans main concern is separation from ULM. I don't see why you would want to throw another under the bus that isn't in direct with you. I would like to see the Cajuns, Tech, Tulane, Houston and USM all in the same conference. In the end we both have two common enemies, LSU and ULM. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Last edited by rcajun90; 05-13-2010 at 09:18 AM.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcajun90 View Post
    I would think that Tech fans main concern is separation from ULM. I don't see why you would want to throw another under the bus that isn't in direct with you. I would like to see Tech, Tulane, Houston and USM all in the same conference. In the end we both have two common enemies, LSU and ULM. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    90, do you guys regret the name change, considering that it placed you directly next to ULM in the eyes of most of the non-Acadiana nation? We like to use the word 'separation' around here, and ULL had that separation from ULM before the name change. Now? Identical to FIU and FAU...brothers in athletics.

Of course, ULL has a better athletics department than ULM, but most don't know that. All because of the name change. You guys have to regret doing that...it was a huge mistake in my opinion.

Varsity Bulldog rcajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    90, do you guys regret the name change, considering that it placed you directly next to ULM in the eyes of most of the non-Acadiana nation? We like to use the word 'separation' around here, and ULL had that separation from ULM before the name change. Now? Identical to FIU and FAU...brothers in athletics.

Of course, ULL has a better athletics department than ULM, but most don't know that. All because of the name change. You guys have to regret doing that...it was a huge mistake in my opinion.
    I avoid using UL on other boards to avoid the name squabble. I personally don't think it helped much and may have hurt. If LSU and McNeese...etc wouldn't let us be the University of Louisiana, I would have rather us be the University of South Louisiana and keep USL. Perhaps that wasn't an option either. Oh well all water under the bridge.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

i would say ULL has more money and better facilities than ULM but I dont think that the athletics is that far from ULM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcajun90 View Post
    I avoid using UL on other boards to avoid the name squabble. I personally don't think it helped much and may have hurt. If LSU and McNeese...etc wouldn't let us be the University of Louisiana, I would have rather us be the University of South Louisiana and keep USL. Perhaps that wasn't an option either. Oh well all water under the bridge.
    I always thought USL should have been called something like University of Acadiana.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    i would say ULL has more money and better facilities than ULM but I dont think that the athletics is that far from ULM.
    Hey, the next time I hear you refer to ULM as "UL" I'm calling in and calling you out.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

On the field, I agree. Perception-wise, I think there was a certain level of separation between the two before the name change (ULL fans will insist that there still is, but I don't think it exists anymore).

The whole name thing with the UL schools is so frustrating to listen to because its blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain that the whole exercise is an epic waste of time and, more importantly, its not going to work -- changing (or "requesting") a new name isn't going to grant your university the separation from its sister school (a sister school that IT CREATED by undergoing the name change!). Most ULL fans just won't listen to that, though, and call you a flamer or whatever when you try to explain this to them. Its just stupid.

Rarely get a chance to hear y'all but got to listen to a little bit of the show yesterday from OVER THERE IN RUSTON. It was good.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I always thought USL should have been called something like University of Acadiana.
    Only people in Louisiana know what the heck Acadiana is. Sounds way to regional. Be very thankful that Tech forefathers had the vision and will to drop the Polytech moniker way back when and go with Louisiana Tech. Something the Cajuns seem to have always lacked is vision and leadership.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Hey, the next time I hear you refer to ULM as "UL" I'm calling in and calling you out.

i cant remember every doing that BUT.... ULM has every right to do it if ULL does.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we shouldn't worry about ULL. Whatever they do or don't do is not our concern. We need to worry about US right now and US only. This is going to be a fight that we better be ready to tackle. We need alliances, but ULL does us no good at all. No belt school helps us with alliances.

I want to add that I have NO ill will toward ULL. I have no problem with them. I am sure they are doing the same thing we are doing right now and are not worried about us.

On the field, I agree. Perception-wise, I think there was a certain level of separation between the two before the name change (ULL fans will insist that there still is, but I don't think it exists anymore).

The whole name thing with the UL schools is so frustrating to listen to because its blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain that the whole exercise is an epic waste of time and, more importantly, its not going to work -- changing (or "requesting") a new name isn't going to grant your university the separation from its sister school (a sister school that IT CREATED by undergoing the name change!). Most ULL fans just won't listen to that, though, and call you a flamer or whatever when you try to explain this to them. Its just stupid.

Rarely get a chance to hear y'all but got to listen to a little bit of the show yesterday from OVER THERE IN RUSTON. It was good.

Thank ya sir, glad you got a chance to tune in.But I will disagree on the perception thing..I know about the education difference but I dont think outside of people at tech who hate ULM see a difference between ULM and ULL on the field.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

But I will disagree on the perception thing..I know about the education difference but I dont think outside of people at tech who hate ULM see a difference between ULM and ULL on the field.
    I think that's what he is saying. In the olden days of directional monikers, USL had a perception edge and an on-the-field edge.

Now they have neither. One of those is certainly their fault (due to forever associating the two with the ULX deal - in his opinion) and the other may be related to the former.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a bad omen that in a thread about our biggest obstacles to CUSA, the 2 ULers are being discussed??...or disgust.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Thank ya sir, glad you got a chance to tune in.But I will disagree on the perception thing..I know about the education difference but I dont think outside of people at tech who hate ULM see a difference between ULM and ULL on the field.

I disagree,
    ULL has a history, fan base, budget, and academic reputation that separate ULL from ULM. If you have questions about this, ask fans of other Sun Belt schools which realize ULM inclusion was related simply to numbers and did little else for the conference.

Concerning Tech, it is a mixed bag on ULL. Tech and ULL have the most history in terms of athletic play and have led the UL system academically for many years. Tech and ULL have helped each other in many ways and with UNO established ourselves in the second tier of Louisiana Schools, ULM will debate their inclusion but when you look at the facts their more tied to the third tier.

On the other side, Tech has seen its academic ratings and reputation surpass that of ULL and view recent athletic successes and reputation as creating some separation; abet less than most of us think. Recent collaboration with LSU on academics further provides evidence for Tech’s academic rating, even as far as the LSU chancellor saying Tech is most similar to LSU. A stated goal in Tech 2020 is that Louisiana Tech will elevate its image to be recognized nationally as one of the two major competitors in Louisiana. Seems that if ULL is Tech's equal, that would conflict with the goal.

It is clear that Tech sees its future aligned athletically with Southern Miss, Tulane, UAB, Tulsa, SMU, Rice, Houston, UTEP. For this alignment to occur an opening(s) in CUSA is needed and a group of at least 5-6 of these school must be retained. Tech must make facility and other improvements to bring us on par with these schools. It is up to Tech (and maybe a little luck) to make sure the future is where we see it and not where we dread.

Personally, I hope that no matter what the conference affiliations are that Tech and ULL renew the rivalry. It is good for both schools. If sufficient openings are available in CUSA, Tech would welcome ULL but it is up to ULL to prove their worthiness to the conference.

Cajun did hit on one thing though; simply due to distance between schools and possibly academics it is going to be easier for Tulane to support Tech than ULL. Tulane could live with one Louisiana school from a part of the state that they hardly recongize, but could they live with a second?
    Last edited by CaseyDawg; 05-13-2010 at 11:52 AM.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post
    I disagree,
    ULL has a history, fan base, budget, and academic reputation that separate ULL from ULM.
    I'm pretty sure he's just saying that most people see ULM and ULL as equals athletically (on-the-field).

I agree with him.

But I should probably stop speaking for people on this thread and let people explain their own comments.

+ Reply to Thread