+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boise State... the new Marshall...

Puppy Bronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really nice

Re: Boise State... the new Marshall...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Yeah but if you read the entire thread most of the posts paint Boise in a positive light. We have tons of respect for the Broncs.
    Perhaps I am not making myself clear. For that I apologize. Both of my posts above were in response to specific posts. That is why the posts to which I replied were quoted. I have never suggested that LTU fans (or posters on this message board) did not have respect for BSU. In fact, I have no need for anyone to respect BSU or any of its athletic teams. I simply attempted to correct some misinformation. Maybe this whole massive realignment rumor mongering has some of us who root for schools who may have something to lose in a possible (and who knows how probable) reshuffling have become a bit antsy.

FWIW, I believe Dykes can bring you guys big wins very soon.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco85 View Post
    Perhaps I am not making myself clear. For that I apologize. Both of my posts above were in response to specific posts. That is why the posts to which I replied were quoted. I have never suggested that LTU fans (or posters on this message board) did not have respect for BSU. In fact, I have no need for anyone to respect BSU or any of its athletic teams. I simply attempted to correct some misinformation. Maybe this whole massive realignment rumor mongering has some of us who root for schools who may have something to lose in a possible (and who knows how probable) reshuffling have become a bit antsy.

Antsy is an understatement to say the least. This realignment could literaly make or break our programs.

Puppy Bronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really niceBronco85 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Antsy is an understatement to say the least. This realignment could literaly make or break our programs.
    Darn right. The concept of 4 super conferences with their own playoff is the worst case scenario for the vast majority of us non-AQ programs. Other possibilities aren't so hot either. I suspect the least movement between the AQ conferences members bodes best for us.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Darn right. The concept of 4 super conferences with their own playoff is the worst case scenario for the vast majority of us non-AQ programs. Other possibilities aren't so hot either. I suspect the least movement between the AQ conferences members bodes best for us.
    Bronco85...trust me when I tell you, everyone on this board is envious of the Bronco success. For the most part, everyone cheered hard for the Broncos against OU and TCU twice in the bowl games.

We wish we were (at least on the football field) equal to y'all and we feel we are gaining ground......which is only natural, not much further y'all can improve!!! (that is meant as a compliment)

It would be tremendous to somehow get into the MWC with y'all if they somehow went to 12-14 teams, some east/west division kind of thing. The MWC is much better than C-USA in my opinion, but that is apparently the direction we are headed.

We enjoyed your fans in Ruston last year....I was surrounded by them!!! They were great and there was alot of mutual respect going back and forth during the game.

We will be cheering for you against the Hokies. Geaux WAC....for now!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I had no intention of disrespecting Boise State. I just made a prediction of what might happen to Boise if they moved to a more competitive conference. What you stated was true, but what I stated was true as well. Nobody knows what the future holds. Marshall was very successful at every level (just like Boise) until they joined C-USA. Now they are struggling. Look at Michigan, Notre Dame, etc. Football dominance doesn't last forever. That's why outside of the current football situation, I think Hawaii, Fresno, and Houston would bring more to the Mountain West for the reasons I stated above... unless Boise makes the MWC an AQ conference. Anyway, it looks like y'all have a MWC invitation, and I wish y'all the best (except for when Boise plays Tech). Beat the Hokies!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Bronco85...trust me when I tell you, everyone on this board is envious of the Bronco success. For the most part, everyone cheered hard for the Broncos against OU and TCU twice in the bowl games.

We wish we were (at least on the football field) equal to y'all and we feel we are gaining ground......which is only natural, not much further y'all can improve!!! (that is meant as a compliment)

It would be tremendous to somehow get into the MWC with y'all if they somehow went to 12-14 teams, some east/west division kind of thing. The MWC is much better than C-USA in my opinion, but that is apparently the direction we are headed.

We enjoyed your fans in Ruston last year....I was surrounded by them!!! They were great and there was alot of mutual respect going back and forth during the game.

We will be cheering for you against the Hokies. Geaux WAC....for now!!

Looks like we might have to draw straws to see who has to go in there and get Geaux Dawgs out before he gets stuck.

+ Reply to Thread