+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baseball. Bulldogs Drop Heartbreaker to No. 10 Arkansas in Extra Innings - latechspor

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball. Bulldogs Drop Heartbreaker to No. 10 Arkansas in Extra Innings - latechspor

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech took No. 10 Arkansas to extra innings, but couldn't come away with a win as the Razorbacks' (38-11) won 5-4 after Andy Wilkins delivered a walk-off RBI single in the bottom of the tenth Tuesday night at Dickey-Stephens Park in front of 9,426 fans.

More...

Discuss it here.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Drop Heartbreaker to No. 10 Arkansas in Extra Innings - latech

... ah it was a Tuesday game. We didn't care about winning this one.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Drop Heartbreaker to No. 10 Arkansas in Extra Innings - latech

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Your panties still in a wad over that LSUS game?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

We didn't? I guess I missed that quote in the article.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I was proud of my dogs. If the Hogs had been playing us in shreveport and we had pulled it out with an overtime single, we'd be proud. But that was a fine effort by a team who had completed a four-game sweep only two days earlier on its homefield.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    I was proud of my dogs. If the Hogs had been playing us in shreveport and we had pulled it out with an overtime single, we'd be proud. But that was a fine effort by a team who had completed a four-game sweep only two days earlier on its homefield.
    No wonder we lost, the diamond dawgs were confused by the extra time, overtime, extra inning controversy!!!

Great effort by the Dawgs......we need a split in Austin and get rolling in the tourney!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Bite me!

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Let's clarify a few things... in baseball you have Umpires not refs... runs not points, and extra innings not overtime... any other blatantly obvious ones I'm missing?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Let's clarify a few things... in baseball you have Umpires not refs... runs not points, and extra innings not overtime... any other blatantly obvious ones I'm missing?

foul ball, not out of bounds.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Don't forget pretension instead of clarity.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Even my wife has learned this terminology but she still says it at times just to irritate me.

Several years ago, we were playing the warchickens and the warchicken fan behind us was commenting on all the "hits" they were getting against the TECH pitcher. My wife politely explained to her that ground ball outs and flyouts did not qualify as hits.

Another thing that irritates me is hearing someone always holler "balk" at every move by the pitcher to pick off a runner. I haven't heard it much at TECH games but at most parks there's at least one fan who screams it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Don't forget pretension instead of clarity.
    What does this have to do with baseball terms?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

What does this have to do with baseball terms?
    Getting worked up over a casual fan calling an umpire a "ref" is pretension. You know, a claim that there is some great merit in using one word instead of another word that means exactly the same thing.

Accepting that "ref" is synonymous with umpire and could be used interchangeably would make talking about baseball easier (and "clearer") for a non-purist.

So I've given you another good baseball insider dichotomy.

Instead of saying "refs", you should opt for "umps".
    Instead of saying "points", you should opt for "runs".
    Instead of stressing clarity in communication, you should opt for pretension.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm just kidding (kind of)#. I'm actually all for using the correct names for things and we've all got our little areas of expertise where we get annoyed by "incorrect" usage. Tradition is great. All that. And for the record, I say runs and umps and foul ball and extra innings and all the rest.

But I do think of all sports baseball has the worst tendency to take itself too seriously*. In the end you've got to remember that it's a bunch of people running around in pajamas playing a game.

# For one thing, I obviously wasn't too clear myself since you missed my point. I opted for what I thought was a witty reply over clearing stating my "rolls his eyes" response to this kind of bellyaching.
    *Contender: Golf

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Getting worked up over a casual fan calling an umpire a "ref" is pretension. You know, a claim that there is some great merit in using one word instead of another word that means exactly the same thing.

Accepting that "ref" is synonymous with umpire and could be used interchangeably would make talking about baseball easier (and "clearer") for a non-purist.

So I've given you another good baseball insider dichotomy.

Instead of saying "refs", you should opt for "umps".
    Instead of saying "points", you should opt for "runs".
    Instead of stressing clarity in communication, you should opt for pretension.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm just kidding (kind of)#. I'm actually all for using the correct names for things and we've all got our little areas of expertise where we get annoyed by "incorrect" usage. Tradition is great. All that. And for the record, I say runs and umps and foul ball and extra innings and all the rest.

But I do think of all sports baseball has the worst tendency to take itself too seriously*. In the end you've got to remember that it's a bunch of people running around in pajamas playing a game.

# For one thing, I obviously wasn't too clear myself since you missed my point. I opted for what I thought was a witty reply over clearing stating my "rolls his eyes" response to this kind of bellyaching.
    *Contender: Golf
    OK well as long as you use it the right way I don't care.

+ Reply to Thread