+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Things that bother you on Campus

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Re: Things that bother you on Campus

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have been on campus recently. How far has the graduate walkway of fame been extended (if all). When I graduated it went up to in front of the student union and stopped. The admin stated they were still trying to get money to finish it, but then the Hale Hall rebuild project came along and it got put on the backburners

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Only goes to 2000 as of now. Honestly I can't think of a good place to continue it.

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Only goes to 2000 as of now. Honestly I can't think of a good place to continue it.
    It was initially suppose to go from Carson Taylor straight across campus between Robinson and Woodard Hall and between the Old Gym and the Nat, then straight up Tech Drive to the Alumni Center. Then the admissions department asked that it be changed to go down Hergot to Railroad and south there to Tech Drive before going up to the Alumni Center (they wanted it to go in front of the new Hale Hall). Now it looks like they just aren't going to continue it at all. Hate to think the only brick I have from my time at Louisiana Tech will be the one I grabbed when they were knocking down the Old Hale Hall.

Sorry to sound negative about a $10 red clay brick, but something really needs to be done.

Thanks by the way Blue Dawg. Nice to know we still have students like you willing to go out of their way to get some of us older alumni information

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all are certainly welcome
    All I can say is I hope I'm smart enough to be an old alumni myself someday.

Y'all are certainly welcome
    All I can say is I hope I'm smart enough to be an old alumni myself someday.
    Not sure how to take that one. I'm not that old.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

There was talk years ago of closing Wisteria, and closing campus off from cars. At the time, that was the holdup on the alumni walkway. It was going to cross wisteria, go in front of the new Hale, then cross the railroad pedestrian bridge and go through UP towards Lambright. That was 5-6 years ago though, I'm sure plans have changed.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

I always hated that idea of the Alumni pathway running toward Lambright. What an odd place to end the alumni pathway...a recreation center. They ought to just keep it going around campus with no plan on ending it. Tear up some existing sidewalk on campus and lay down the bricks. As long as there are new graduates they need to keep adding to the Alumni pathway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    I always hated that idea of the Alumni pathway running toward Lambright. What an odd place to end the alumni pathway...a recreation center. They ought to just keep it going around campus with no plan on ending it. Tear up some existing sidewalk on campus and lay down the bricks. As long as there are new graduates they need to keep adding to the Alumni pathway.
    I always thought it would look good if they ran it through the quad. With all the sidewalks, there would be plenty of space and with all the colorful flowers that building and grounds puts in the bright red bricks would look great

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    I always thought it would look good if they ran it through the quad. With all the sidewalks, there would be plenty of space and with all the colorful flowers that building and grounds puts in the bright red bricks would look great
    They SHOULD have started the alumni pathway at Lady of the Mist. The pathway starts with Harry Howard, why not have Howard Auditorium face his brick? Plus to have the pathway starting at Lady of the Mist actually means something, unlike where it starts now.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    When Tech decides to install more bricks for the 2001 alumni and beyond, does it have to be in the form of a walkway? Parts of the current alumni walkway are damaged and some bricks are missing. I don't know if it's because of the maintenance vehicles that drive over the walkway on occasion or just general wear and tear, but it isn't right that part of the path looks like crap.

Could the university build brick monuments as seen in the link below? If they can be built in the Quad, there could be four such monuments from the 2001-2010 Alumni in the same locations as the flower beds. The four parts of the monument can start at the Lady of the Mist and end at the walkways in front of Prescot Library, Howard Auditorium (approximate), the Bookstore, and Keeny Hall. That way, the four monuments radiate out from the Lady of the Mist toward the four sides of the university campus.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/colleen_hunt/3098768165/

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

They SHOULD have started the alumni pathway at Lady of the Mist. The pathway starts with Harry Howard, why not have Howard Auditorium face his brick? Plus to have the pathway starting at Lady of the Mist actually means something, unlike where it starts now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    When Tech decides to install more bricks for the 2001 alumni and beyond, does it have to be in the form of a walkway? Parts of the current alumni walkway are damaged and some bricks are missing. I don't know if it's because of the maintenance vehicles that drive over the walkway on occasion or just general wear and tear, but it isn't right that part of the path looks like crap.

Could the university build brick monuments as seen in the link below? If they can be built in the Quad, there could be four such monuments from the 2001-2010 Alumni in the same locations as the flower beds. The four parts of the monument can start at the Lady of the Mist and end at the walkways in front of Prescot Library, Howard Auditorium (approximate), the Bookstore, and Keeny Hall. That way, the four monuments radiate out from the Lady of the Mist toward the four sides of the university campus.

Good ideas!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Isn't the area it starts at the original front of the college?

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Isn't the area it starts at the original front of the college?
    I thought the original front of the college was were the pillars are over on the east side of the library?

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post

The maintenance vehicles are exactly how they got damaged. I understand that some times it is necessary for vehicles to have to get in that area, but I first noticed when I was at Tech that some of them just using it as a shortcut so the facility service crew didn't have to go the long way around. Its kind of sad really that as hard as Tech pushed for it to go through when it was built, that they now treat it like it was just a fad and neglect it.

+ Reply to Thread