+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Things that bother you on Campus

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Re: Things that bother you on Campus

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    The maintenance vehicles are exactly how they got damaged. I understand that some times it is necessary for vehicles to have to get in that area, but I first noticed when I was at Tech that some of them just using it as a shortcut so the facility service crew didn't have to go the long way around. Its kind of sad really that as hard as Tech pushed for it to go through when it was built, that they now treat it like it was just a fad and neglect it.
    some steel poles were put up friday that should keep this down a little bit. but i completely agree...maintenance workers, campus police, and aramark drive on sidewalks all over campus using them as shortcuts. they should be fined everytime they are caught doing this IMO

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    some steel poles were put up friday that should keep this down a little bit. but i completely agree...maintenance workers, campus police, and aramark drive on sidewalks all over campus using them as shortcuts. they should be fined everytime they are caught doing this IMO
    Had them there before when i was there, but facility services just cut them down.

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

I was in Ruston about a week ago and saw that the brick entrance at Adams Blvd. had been run into (by some tipsy sorority frosh, no doubt). Couldn't take a picture, but bricks were piled up and looked like they had been there for a while.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    I was in Ruston about a week ago and saw that the brick entrance at Adams Blvd. had been run into (by some tipsy sorority frosh, no doubt). Couldn't take a picture, but bricks were piled up and looked like they had been there for a while.
    That entrance looked like it could use some work before someone even crashed into it. It has lots of potential if the school had the money to really make it look nice.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

The dirty area by the 'T' has been sodded and looks great, along with the area on the other side of the auditorium.

I complained on here I believe it was this time last year about how 'dirty'y Tech's campus was. They've done a tremendous job since then in cleaning and sodding a lot of those dirt patches. Well done admin.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    The dirty area by the 'T' has been sodded and looks great, along with the area on the other side of the auditorium.

I complained on here I believe it was this time last year about how 'dirty'y Tech's campus was. They've done a tremendous job since then in cleaning and sodding a lot of those dirt patches. Well done admin.
    Don't be so quick to praise. The action you cited wasn't initiated or paid for by the admin.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Don't be so quick to praise. The action you cited wasn't initiated or paid for by the admin.
    Then who paid for it? Who made the decision? Did you pay for it?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Who shives a git? It was initiated, done, and apparently paid for.

NICE JOB! to whomever is wanting the pat on the back.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

+100

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

Some of our posters hate DR as much or more than they love Tech.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Some of our posters hate DR as much or more than they love Tech.
    It is worth pointing out that it would not have been done had the guys getting the credit been left alone to do the job. Otherwise how would anyone have noticed the job needed to be done in the first place? Did we have a sudden change in the guard?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    It is worth pointing out that it would not have been done had the guys getting the credit been left alone to do the job. Otherwise how would anyone have noticed the job needed to be done in the first place? Did we have a sudden change in the guard?
    Thanks maddawg for pointing out the obvious to those who would otherwise never understand it. You can never overcome the enemy until you know who the enemy is.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post

We ate a McAlister's on campus, and then went to "The Tech Store", as my daughter calls it. The area mention looked so good, that I didn't even notice it at first. It just blended in with the rest of the quad. Tulips are out right now too.

McAlister's was good, and had almost the complete menu. The wait was a pain though. Hopefully that'll die down as the newness wears off.

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

It looked like there was a crew working on repainting the plane over by Graham dorm earlier today

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Last time I was on campus the Student Union (center) looked horrible. Looks dingy, dated...well, it is dated.

And, my brick remains covered in mud! 10,000 years from now some Indiana Jones is gonna find my brick in good condition, unweathered....since the weather can't get to it.

+ Reply to Thread