+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conroy

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Conroy

I ran into Conroy tonight in West Monroe. He had just left the scrimmage. Said he was doing great. He loves Denton and they are treating him well. He seemed very happy, like his old self. He said he coached at one place for 25 years and it just happened to be his Alma mater. He said that makes him pretty lucky.

Conroy: Class act and loves Tech.

That ugly green Polo looked terrible on him though.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Conroy

Very glad he's doing well.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

Thought I recognized him. Saw Spangler and another Tech coach there as well. My jr high team played right before the Rebs. There were a number of recruiters there last night. Any idea who they were mostly there to see? I know there is Hunter from WMHS, but other than that, who might they have been there to see?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by localdawg View Post
    Thought I recognized him. Saw Spangler and another Tech coach there as well. My jr high team played right before the Rebs. There were a number of recruiters there last night. Any idea who they were mostly there to see? I know there is Hunter from WMHS, but other than that, who might they have been there to see?
    Cain and Turner too. What Jr. High team do you coach?

Glad to hear Conroy is doing well.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Glad he's doing well, hate that he's recruiting our home area.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

I'm an asst. coach at West Ridge Middle School, one of WMHS feeder schools.

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I ran into Conroy tonight in West Monroe. He had just left the scrimmage. Said he was doing great. He loves Denton and they are treating him well. He seemed very happy, like his old self. He said he coached at one place for 25 years and it just happened to be his Alma mater. He said that makes him pretty lucky.

Conroy: Class act and loves Tech.

That ugly green Polo looked terrible on him though.

I visited with Conroy at my son, Joel's, house last Saturday night in Denton. Had a huge crawfish boil with all the trimmings and lots of cold beer and "Marg" machine. Conroy had a friend, Patrick, that he coached with at Tech a couple of years under JB III there with him. Patrick now coaches at Fordham University in New York. Conroy is so thankful that he has a job at North Texas but will always, i repeat, always love Louisiana Tech. He got a raw deal at Tech under DD but doesn't talk about it. He is a CLASS ACT in every sense of the word and is a very good coach. May return to Tech one day as the head coach. Who knows.

Actually, his green Polo looked quite nice on him.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdawg View Post
    May return to Tech one day as the head coach.
    I think everyone wishes a Hines (and any other fellow Tech alumn) well, but I can't say that I would be supportive of Hines returning to Tech as anything higher than a positional coach.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Ran into Conroy at Sundown on Friday night, he looked great and seemed very happy at UNT.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdawg View Post
    I visited with Conroy at my son, Joel's, house last Saturday night in Denton. Had a huge crawfish boil with all the trimmings and lots of cold beer and "Marg" machine. Conroy had a friend, Patrick, that he coached with at Tech a couple of years under JB III there with him. Patrick now coaches at Fordham University in New York. Conroy is so thankful that he has a job at North Texas but will always, i repeat, always love Louisiana Tech. He got a raw deal at Tech under DD but doesn't talk about it. He is a CLASS ACT in every sense of the word and is a very good coach. May return to Tech one day as the head coach. Who knows.

Actually, his green Polo looked quite nice on him.

I predict with the fresh start at UNT Conroy will rebuild his career, I think he will do well.

+ Reply to Thread