+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Closing 8 of 14 Louisiana universities?

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Closing 8 of 14 Louisiana universities?

We also have a ton of community colleges.

http://asa.regents.state.la.us/highered

This lists all the institutions. There are too many, but I doubt that the solution will be as easy as boarding half of them up.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I vote ulm and lsu Shreveport. Merge them with Tech and take the lsu Med School.
    Don't forget ulm's Pharmacy school. It's only one of two in the state (the other being Xavier).

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    Don't forget ulm's Pharmacy school. It's only one of two in the state (the other being Xavier).
    Look in my earlier post. We keep running the pharmacy school at Tech Monroe for a while until we build the facility that can handle it on our main campus.

Hey, you think this is why their President is trying to bail?

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    I was wondering if it might be one of the Southerns.

I stumbled upon Southern of Shreveport once when I was working for KCS. Until that point, I didn't know it existed.

I was confused.
    I didn't know about until I read the article in the OP. I actually hate the idea of closing schools in principal, but I think that that would be the best decision in this case.

Look in my earlier post. We keep running the pharmacy school at Tech Monroe for a while until we build the facility that can handle it on our main campus.

Hey, you think this is why their President is trying to bail?
    Sorry I missed that.

I wonder if we'd play occasional "home" games at our new satellite campuses.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I missed that.

I wonder if we'd play occasional "home" games at our new satellite campuses.
    No, those stadiums need to be demolished. :icon_wink:

No, those stadiums need to be demolished. :icon_wink:

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

If those institutions close, that's 50,000 students and 2,000 faculty let go

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

With Cofer gone UL-m will never get anyone good in there withthis closure deal so out in the public.....

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    If they do close, I would hope that the remaining universities could take them in, or at least most of them.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

So, there is #16. Our Legislature didn't know 2 others existed either.
    No there are ONLY 14.. lol

LSUE and SUSLA are 2-year schools...

4-year schools...
    LSU
    LA Tech
    ULL
    UNO
    SELA

Southern
    -------
    NW St.
    McNeese
    ULM
    Nicholls
    LSUS
    LSUA
    Grambling
    SUNO

LA Tech would be the only 4-year school north of I-10...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    No there are ONLY 14.. lol

LA Tech would be the only 4-year school north of I-10...
    We're gonna need more dorms...

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

We're gonna need more dorms...
    Can always open Caruthers and Neilson again...

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

What would happen to the LSU hospital in Shreveport or the Pharmacy school in Monroe? If they do decide to close LSUS and ULM these could be perfect areas of expansion for Tech.
    LSUS is not associated with the hospital or med school.

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    The administrative functions save the most money. The best of the 2000 faculty are retained and the students go to other universities - which will need the staff.

Tech would increase in size to accommodate most of them. It is the facilities, admin costs, etc.... that is the problem.

+ Reply to Thread