+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Closing 8 of 14 Louisiana universities?

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Closing 8 of 14 Louisiana universities?

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    No, they love to love Grambling with your money!

No kidding, years ago a large handful of Grambling students littered the local arrest records posted daily in the LEADER. Many came out of Chicago, etc.. Makes one wonder if they were offered an option???: prison in Illinois at Illinois taxpayers' expense or a Louisiana education at ...... you guessed it. They may not have learned much, but the tuition was hard to beat.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    No, they love to love Grambling with your money!
    It's like trying to bail out a sinking ship when someone else is running around punching holes in it. It's retarded.

Varsity Bulldog osl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time osl530's Avatar

i wouldn't be expecting too many big things out of our legislature..just saying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EiiR...eature=related

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    No kidding, years ago a large handful of Grambling students littered the local arrest records posted daily in the LEADER. Many came out of Chicago, etc.. Makes one wonder if they were offered an option???: prison in Illinois at Illinois taxpayers' expense or a Louisiana education at ...... you guessed it. They may not have learned much, but the tuition was hard to beat.
    Yes, they were and they took the Grambling option.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    First off, they won't close Grambling. It is the best lab in the country to train auditors.

Second, what will be the implications for TECH if these schools were closed and TECH inherits their students, programs, and facilities?

Will the same admission standards apply to the transfer students and will it affect TECH's standing in the academic community?

Will the programs inherited enhance TECH's academic standings or will programs that are not on firm ground be forced upon TECH and detract?

Will TECH inherit the debt of those schools and the endowment if there is any left?

The TECH admin would need to be on their toes to make sure this is a positive!

I often wonder what would happen to an endowment in this kind of situation. I know I wouldn't be to happy if I funded an endowment at Tech only to see it turned over to LSU as part of a takeover. If it is Tech doing the takeover then I am all for it though.

I seriously hope something comes of this. I was hopeful the Tucker commission would do something and that was pretty much a complete waste of time. In the end I think we keep on keeping on and nothing comes of all of this talk. I hope I am wrong.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I often wonder what would happen to an endowment in this kind of situation. I know I wouldn't be to happy if I funded an endowment at Tech only to see it turned over to LSU as part of a takeover. If it is Tech doing the takeover then I am all for it though.

I seriously hope something comes of this. I was hopeful the Tucker commission would do something and that was pretty much a complete waste of time. In the end I think we keep on keeping on and nothing comes of all of this talk. I hope I am wrong.
    No school will be taken over by anybody. Some schools will be so reduced in scope that they will return to JC status, while others will return to regional feeder colleges to Tech, ULL, and LSU. Folks in Monroe, Natchitoches, Lake Charles, Thibodaux, and Hammond will come to accept this fact over time. Grambling and Southern are both dinosaurs that will become less and less untouchable with the budget cuts we're faced with. They'll assume roles as regional feeder institutions as well. It remains to be seen what role UNO will have after all of this shakes out. They will fight for equal status with ULL and Tech. This will make for a dogfight between UNO and ULL for resources. Our geographic location as the major university north of I-10 is a huge plus for us in all of this.

+ Reply to Thread