+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magnum has NBA Workout in Miami

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Re: Magnum has NBA Workout in Miami

The Jazz need a true starting NBA center - trade Boozer and the 9th pick and get Cousins from UK. The Lakers size kills them even when Okur is heathly.

Rolle will make a team and I will be pulling for him.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    The Jazz need a true starting NBA center - trade Boozer and the 9th pick and get Cousins from UK. The Lakers size kills them even when Okur is heathly.

Rolle will make a team and I will be pulling for him.
    I agree that would be an awesome deal. But, length is more important than weight (Gasol, Duncan)--you have to defend those guys with shot-blockers. Utah has a bunch of big white dudes who can't move.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I agree that would be an awesome deal. But, length is more important than weight (Gasol, Duncan)--you have to defend those guys with shot-blockers. Utah has a bunch of big white dudes who can't move.

What does white have to do wtih it? Almost as if you are implying they are slow bc they are white dudes. Just sayin..

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    What does white have to do wtih it? Almost as if you are implying they are slow bc they are white dudes. Just sayin..
    Just tryin' to be funny... My point is that Utah has a couple of guys who could be characterized as "true" centers. Both are kinda slow--and VERY white . I would rather an athletic center like Joakim Noah of the Bulls.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Just tryin' to be funny... My point is that Utah has a couple of guys who could be characterized as "true" centers. Both are kinda slow--and VERY white . I would rather an athletic center like Joakim Noah of the Bulls.
    I actually really liked what I saw out of Fesenko in the playoffs. I think he's going to be a serviceable player for them, although he certainly won't be an all-star caliber player. Koufos isn't going to be an NBA player for long.

The biggest problem facing the Jazz is AK47's contract, which expires at the end of next year. He hamstrings anything they are trying to do.

The backcourt is solid with DWill as one of the top 3-4 PGs in the league, Wesley Matthews developing into a great all-around player and C.J. Miles, who just needs to continue working at becoming more consistent. Millsap has shown time and again that he is ready for bigger and better things, and I honestly think losing Boozer will equal addition by subtraction.

If Fesenko and Koufos can hold the fort together until Okur comes back from his Achilles injury, then I believe Okur and Fesenko will be a solid center duo. If the Jazz can add some length and athleticism with that ninth pick (if only Greg Monroe would fall that far), then they'll be solid once again next year.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I actually really liked what I saw out of Fesenko in the playoffs. I think he's going to be a serviceable player for them, although he certainly won't be an all-star caliber player. Koufos isn't going to be an NBA player for long.

The biggest problem facing the Jazz is AK47's contract, which expires at the end of next year. He hamstrings anything they are trying to do.

The backcourt is solid with DWill as one of the top 3-4 PGs in the league, Wesley Matthews developing into a great all-around player and C.J. Miles, who just needs to continue working at becoming more consistent. Millsap has shown time and again that he is ready for bigger and better things, and I honestly think losing Boozer will equal addition by subtraction.

If Fesenko and Koufos can hold the fort together until Okur comes back from his Achilles injury, then I believe Okur and Fesenko will be a solid center duo. If the Jazz can add some length and athleticism with that ninth pick (if only Greg Monroe would fall that far), then they'll be solid once again next year.
    I know I sound like a homer--but I really believe Magnum is a legit prospect for Utah. His size/skill set is very comparable to Noah's. I'll say it again--it's gonna surprise some people to see what Rolle does in the NBA. The kid is a phenomenal talent!

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Any word on KG?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Any word on KG?
    KG will probably play oversees.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

How did Rolle not get invited to pre-draft NBA camp or whatever it is in Chicago now?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I know I sound like a homer--but I really believe Magnum is a legit prospect for Utah. His size/skill set is very comparable to Noah's. I'll say it again--it's gonna surprise some people to see what Rolle does in the NBA. The kid is a phenomenal talent!
    I think you know where I stand on these two issues:

1) I wish the best for anyone who suits up for the Bulldogs

2) I, personally, think that Magnum is overrated

That said, I hope he proves me wrong and has a productive NBA career. I look at him as more of a poor man's Tyrus Thomas. Maybe it's because Mag backed him up and played alongside him at LSU that I put those two together so much. I thought that Thomas's "potential" always overshadowed his production, and I feel the same way about Magnum. I just don't see him bringing it night in and night out and being a successful NBA player. Can he get you 20 and 10 occasionally? Yes, I believe he has that talent. But I also believe he'll get you 4 and 4 more often than he gets you 20 and 10.

That said, I hope he proves me wrong and has a productive NBA career. I look at him as more of a poor man's Tyrus Thomas. Maybe it's because Mag backed him up and played alongside him at LSU that I put those two together so much. I thought that Thomas's "potential" always overshadowed his production, and I feel the same way about Magnum. I just don't see him bringing it night in and night out and being a successful NBA player. Can he get you 20 and 10 occasionally? Yes, I believe he has that talent. But I also believe he'll get you 4 and 4 more often than he gets you 20 and 10.
    He definitely isn't overrated. Heck, most on here don't that he will be drafted AT ALL. I don't follow the draft boards, but I haven't heard of him mentioned anywhere.

Now, I can see where you're saying that I have overestimated him. But, my argument has always been that he is UNDERRATED.

Varsity Bulldog jaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nice

you have your opion and i respect that here is what others have said tim grover with attack athletics who trained jordan,lebron,wade,melo,bosh,etc he was asked who does mag compre to anyone in the nba " i really can't i have never trained a big guy like him who moves the way he does like he is 6'5" his skill set is so good, this guy can be special i can not belive know one is talking about this kid "pat riley after his workout in mia " his motor neeeds to run all the time but we really liked him and i think once he goes to more teams people are going to hear about this kid"okla homa "wow this kid is more skilled than we thought he needs to get stronger but we really like him"

Quote Originally Posted by jaguars2471 View Post
    you have your opion and i respect that here is what others have said tim grover with attack athletics who trained jordan,lebron,wade,melo,bosh,etc he was asked who does mag compre to anyone in the nba " i really can't i have never trained a big guy like him who moves the way he does like he is 6'5" his skill set is so good, this guy can be special i can not belive know one is talking about this kid "pat riley after his workout in mia " his motor neeeds to run all the time but we really liked him and i think once he goes to more teams people are going to hear about this kid"okla homa "wow this kid is more skilled than we thought he needs to get stronger but we really like him"
    I have never argued that Magnum isn't "skilled." In fact, I haven't argued with a couple of posters on this board (whose opinions I value) who believe he might be the most athletic big man to ever step foot on this campus. However, I have been on record that his skills don't always translate into production. Magnum doesn't know how to use his bevy of skills and dominate a game. Unfortunately for him, usually a five-year college career is a good indication of the type of player you're going to be professionally. If Magnum couldn't be consistent or dominate in college, he's not going to do so in the NBA. It's not like he's a high school kid or a player who spent one year in college. It's not about potential for him. He is who he is at this point.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

fesenco can't score. he's got the size and athleticism but he can't shoot or even finish close to the basket. magnum would be much better for the jazz, but like i said, he needs to gain some weight or he's going to wear out really quick defending nba centers.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Fesenko is terrible.
    I really hope Magnum ends up with the Jazz. I bet Karl has been doing some scouting work for Sloan

+ Reply to Thread