+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone have a Palm Pre/Pre Plus?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Anyone have a Palm Pre/Pre Plus?

I'm looking into getting one of these probably today or sometime really soon. They were just released for AT&T yesterday.

I've done quite a bit of research into them but I was wondering how the web browsing is with them.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Anyone have a Palm Pre/Pre Plus?

It's a great phone. It has an OLED screen and the display looks beautiful. Too bad not many adopted the Palm OS, it's actually a great operating system that supports multi-tasking. I was interested in getting one, but Palm recently got bought out by HP. I'm not sure I'm gonna rush out and get one now.

I might go with a HTC phone running Android.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It's a great phone. It has an OLED screen and the display looks beautiful. Too bad not many adopted the Palm OS, it's actually a great operating system that supports multi-tasking. I was interested in getting one, but Palm recently got bought out by HP. I'm not sure I'm gonna rush out and get one now.

I might go with a HTC phone running Android.
    I REALLY wanted an Android phone. I am, and have been, an AT&T customer for a while. They are lagging WAY behind in the smart phone market. Yes the iPhone is a great phone, but they don't realize that not everyone wants one.

Anyway, I got the Pre Plus after work today. ITS AWESOME!!! The only complaint I have is that it is smaller than it looks online. I LOVE the WebOS! And, it came with a free touchstone charger. Which is a magnetic dock that charges the phone through induction. Verry cool!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Us old folks will stick with out BlackBerrys!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Us old folks will stick with out BlackBerrys!
    Hey, I'm not old and I used a Blackberry for 2 years. It's great for email! But im a techie and I like gadgets. So, the Blackberry just got boring.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I REALLY wanted an Android phone. I am, and have been, an AT&T customer for a while. They are lagging WAY behind in the smart phone market. Yes the iPhone is a great phone, but they don't realize that not everyone wants one.

Anyway, I got the Pre Plus after work today. ITS AWESOME!!! The only complaint I have is that it is smaller than it looks online. I LOVE the WebOS! And, it came with a free touchstone charger. Which is a magnetic dock that charges the phone through induction. Verry cool!
    Yes WebOS is sleek. I really like it. It's very fast.

I'm ditching my Blackberry after 3 years. I like touch screen phones and all but I still need a qwerty keypad to go along with it. I think it's much easier to text with it.

I'm ditching my Blackberry after 3 years. I like touch screen phones and all but I still need a qwerty keypad to go along with it. I think it's much easier to text with it.
    Exactly!!

The Palm Pre wasn't my ideal phone, but I wanted to stay with AT&T and it was basically my only option if I wanted a next-gen phone. AT&T is making plenty of profit from the iPhone, but when their exclusivity with it runs out, they are going to be WAY behind.

Bulldog dawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the rough

ATT is supposed to get the new blackberry touchscreen/slider in june. check out crackberry.com for the info. and att also has some android phones coming before the end of the year. they usually intro a few summer/fall and definitely around nov/dec for Xmas buying

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a HTC Incredible two weeks ago. It is an absolutely phenomenal phone! I liked my BB Curve but this thing is just a better piece of technology.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I bought a HTC Incredible two weeks ago. It is an absolutely phenomenal phone! I liked my BB Curve but this thing is just a better piece of technology.
    I wanted either that one or the Motorola Droid. Both are Verizon only.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

The key board was a big reason I liked my BB so much. But you can adjust the key board touch sensitivity on the Incredible and now I prefer it to the BB.

+ Reply to Thread