+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shiloh Christian Ark. vs. Euless Trinity Texas

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Shiloh Christian Ark. vs. Euless Trinity Texas

I must be honest when I say that I know very little about Shiloh except that it looks like they win .....A lot! I do know Trinity has won 3 of the last 5 5A Div1 Texas State Championships and during that time we had early season games against John Curtis and Bingham Utah both teams had won multiple state championships in their respective states, and both were manhandled up front by Trinity.

Can Shiloh hang in the trenches with our big boys???

Should be another great game in Cowboys Stadium. Anyone with some info on Shiloh let me know. We return 2 all state DL, 1 all state OL, 1 all state LB, 1 all state RB, and 1 all state "athlete"

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Re: Shiloh Christian Ark. vs. Euless Trinity Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I must be honest when I say that I know very little about Shiloh except that it looks like they win .....A lot! I do know Trinity has won 3 of the last 5 5A Div1 Texas State Championships and during that time we had early season games against John Curtis and Bingham Utah both teams had won multiple state championships in their respective states, and both were manhandled up front by Trinity.

Can Shiloh hang in the trenches with our big boys???

Should be another great game in Cowboys Stadium. Anyone with some info on Shiloh let me know. We return 2 all state DL, 1 all state OL, 1 all state LB, 1 all state RB, and 1 all state "athlete"
    A good friend of mine went to Shiloh about 6 years ago, but the same head coach is still there. The head coach is the pastor's son and former star QB there and he loves to throw the ball.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Well I have read up a little on them and it looks like Shiloh has a really good returning QB. With offers from across the country. That actually is the only way to beat Trinity. No one will do it trying to run the ball on them.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

They are good....very good.

It will be interesting to see how they hang with a quality TX school. Ask Don to give you the skinny on them.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    They are good....very good.

It will be interesting to see how they hang with a quality TX school. Ask Don to give you the skinny on them.
    Their QB may be the best in the country. He's 6-3, 220, can run and throw. They have a DL that can bech press 500 pounds. I didn't get to see them play last year, but, they always have some great athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Their QB may be the best in the country. He's 6-3, 220, can run and throw. They have a DL that can bech press 500 pounds. I didn't get to see them play last year, but, they always have some great athletes.
    I'm with you on that QB. The more research I do on that QB the better he seems to get. That kid is a stud. I have seen film on him and it is awesome.

He's already got offers from Ark., Auburn, Miami, Notre Dame and UCLA among many others.

I need to check the date of the game against the Tech schedule because I am going to the A&M game for sure. This could end up being one hell of a high school football game.

53 points at halftime. I understand it's different in other states but this is why private schools don't play big public schools in Texas. The last two times I have seen these highly ranked private schools come in and play it ended very ugly and kids ended up getting hurt. If you are watching this game it isn't fair and shouldn't have been played. I am sure the kids from Shiloh are good, smart students with bright futures. A few of them playing FBS college football. One of them is a blue chipper. But overall these kids are so little and skinny they really have no business out there.

Trinity doesn't look like they have any intensity at all now in the second half and that is bad for them as well.

http://www.star-telegram.com/1153/in...archType=Teams

5 scoring drives of less than a minute for Trinity with 6:41 left in the 3rd.

The QB for Shiloh is the real deal though. Running for his life but he is very strong, fast, and elusive with a very strong arm. I think they mentioned he is probably going to Auburn. I wish we had a shot at a QB like this. The kid would be perfect for TF's offense.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Where is Euless Trinity? Is this the Trinity that you attended? A lot of people in Arkansas enjoyed this game because Shiloh has run the score up on a lot of small schools in Arkansas. The DT for Shiloh has committed to K-State. He benches over 500 pounds. I was surprised they got beat that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Where is Euless Trinity? Is this the Trinity that you attended? A lot of people in Arkansas enjoyed this game because Shiloh has run the score up on a lot of small schools in Arkansas. The DT for Shiloh has committed to K-State. He benches over 500 pounds. I was surprised they got beat that bad.
    Yes sir. That's my Trinity. Trinity is just West of DFW Airport. I lived in Bedford back then just West of Euless.

Shiloh had some studs and despite the score you could see the talent. The kids from Shiloh that got all the publicity and that are rated so highly deserved those ratings. They are very good. The difference was once you got past those studs the rest of the kids were talented but pretty skinny and small. Didn't look big enough to ever play Div. 1 college football.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    53 points at halftime. I understand it's different in other states but this is why private schools don't play big public schools in Texas. The last two times I have seen these highly ranked private schools come in and play it ended very ugly and kids ended up getting hurt. If you are watching this game it isn't fair and shouldn't have been played. I am sure the kids from Shiloh are good, smart students with bright futures. A few of them playing FBS college football. One of them is a blue chipper. But overall these kids are so little and skinny they really have no business out there.
    Uh, I don't know if that's the difference between "public" and "private" as much as it is the difference between Texas and Arkansas. My cousin played for Evangel for a time during the "glory days" of their run from the mid 90s till their final year in 5A. Many a time I saw Evangel ruthlessly crush a ranked Texas 5A team.

Of course, in the 10-15 years since, we've seen the number and quality of Louisiana football decline, and elite private schools John Curtis and Evangel banished to lower classes in the name of "fairness" while Texas has seen the rise of the "super-program" at the high school level, a new phenomenon. Don't get me wrong, Texas high school football has always been top notch. But the rise of Allen, Euless Trinity, Southlake Carroll, and the like have taken it to ridiculous levels. Programs from smaller states, even our absolute best, just can't hang. I've followed Trinity over the last decade, and seen them go from needing overtime to beat Evangel, to beating John Curtis by three touchdowns, and now they throttle the dominant superpower of Arkansas in a game that was never close and never in doubt. And I know for a fact that Don Shows and West Monroe want no part of that.

That is some kinda monster ya'll have built over there.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Which Texas teams did they crush? I remember them playing Odessa and Midland a few times, but they weren't what people still held in their minds. They were good teams at that point. I don't remember who they played, just curious, not saying you aren't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstorm View Post
    Uh, I don't know if that's the difference between "public" and "private" as much as it is the difference between Texas and Arkansas. My cousin played for Evangel for a time during the "glory days" of their run from the mid 90s till their final year in 5A. Many a time I saw Evangel ruthlessly crush a ranked Texas 5A team.

Of course, in the 10-15 years since, we've seen the number and quality of Louisiana football decline, and elite private schools John Curtis and Evangel banished to lower classes in the name of "fairness" while Texas has seen the rise of the "super-program" at the high school level, a new phenomenon. Don't get me wrong, Texas high school football has always been top notch. But the rise of Allen, Euless Trinity, Southlake Carroll, and the like have taken it to ridiculous levels. Programs from smaller states, even our absolute best, just can't hang. I've followed Trinity over the last decade, and seen them go from needing overtime to beat Evangel, to beating John Curtis by three touchdowns, and now they throttle the dominant superpower of Arkansas in a game that was never close and never in doubt. And I know for a fact that Don Shows and West Monroe want no part of that.

That is some kinda monster ya'll have built over there.
    Well actually the reason I brought up the private school thing was the last time I saw an out of state private come in with any hype was when Evangel came and played Southlake. It was pretty bad and the game got out of hand quickly. You might know this already but Southlake typically isn't a very physical program like Trinity. They have a totally different type of player. They win on execution, precision, finesse and literally making no mistakes. But that day they were so much more physical than Evangel. I was shocked. Then after seeing Trinity physically pound John Curtis who I heard was physical themselves that's how I formed this opinion. It's only those 3 games that made me form this opinion. I admit I am no expert on La. or Ark. HS football. I figured West Monroe would do the same thing to those schools. If not then I agree with what you are saying. I would like to see what a Trinity/West Monroe game would look like though.

It's really hard to get a hold on HS football when it crosses state lines and it is very difficult to predict. I honestly thought that Shiloh would be tough because of their QB. (who is definitely a stud BTW) I never thought we would hang 80 on them. Florida and California have teams like Trinity and Southlake as well. Actually one of the Miami teams beat Southlake to open the season last year or the year before in a very tight game.

The coach at Trinity is a great one. He was the offensive coordinator at Trinity in the 80's and left for Southlake and helped them build that program into the dominant 3A then 4A program in the state. He left to get his own 3A coaching gig at Commerce High in East Texas and quickly won a state title. Then he took over Trinity and we have won 3 of the last 5 State Championships. We could have won one more except for a terrible playcall (fake punt in our own territory that didn't work) by our great coach against Southlake in the playoffs a couple of years ago. It cost us and we lost by one point. But when you have a coach that has done as well as he has you overlook things like that. And not only is he a good coach but he is a stand-up guy who really cares about those kids.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I'm telling you, the difference is that private high schools in Arkansas don't cheat by practicing in the summer illegally. :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread