+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction from Down Under

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Re: Introduction from Down Under

Welcome Kiwi. Jelena will find the staff and fans at Tech will embrace her like family.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

We're glad to have Jelena, as well as her family, join the Tech family!! Looking for great things next year -- it's going to be a long summer waiting for football and basketball! Hope your family is able to visit Tech, our state, and our country.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Welcome to the techster program!
    Your daughter, Gylena, sounds like a awesome pick up for the Techsters and we are very happy to have her as a new Techster!

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Welcome to the Tech Family! Hopefully you can see her play in Hawaii every year.

You may have already seen all this stuff, but here is some info about Lady Techsters basketball:
    2009-2010 Media Guide
    Teresa Weatherspoon
    Lady Techsters Basketball
    - 3 national titles (2 NCAA, 1 AIAW) - 3rd most only behind Tennessee and UConn
    - 13 final fours (10 NCAA, 3 AIAW) - 3rd most only behind Tennessee and UConn
    - 23 sweet sixteens (20 NCAA, 3 AIAW) - 2nd most only behind Tennessee
    - 26 NCAA tournament appearances - 3rd most only behind Tennessee and Georgia
    I love your signature dawg06 and I also welcome Jelena to the program. Go Lady Techsters!!!

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Did anyone get a chance to see those videos? I'd really be interested in your opinion of the general level of play compared to what you are used to seeing in US high schools.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post
    Did anyone get a chance to see those videos? I'd really be interested in your opinion of the general level of play compared to what you are used to seeing in US high schools.
    I tried to search the Site you gave and found her name in lots of articles with some stats, but couldn't find any videos. Would love to see some videos of her playing.

I found some on this page:
    http://profiles.berecruited.com/athletes/movies/746964

The level of play is similar to our high school level in girls bball. She will learn a lot under Park and Spoon. She has a good tough mentality and good defensive skills. I think she will do very well here. You are going to see a much higher level of play, but that is natural. She will be an awesome addition. When she is surrounded by extremely talented players, like herself, it will be a totally different picture.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

The level of play is similar to our high school level in girls bball. She will learn a lot under Park and Spoon. She has a good tough mentality and good defensive skills. I think she will do very well here. You are going to see a much higher level of play, but that is natural. She will be an awesome addition. When she is surrounded by extremely talented players, like herself, it will be a totally different picture.
    Thanks for all the updates everyone. I really appreciate it and keep up the good work.

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

OK, thanks for the opinion, as well as posting that link. I mentioned the videos were on berecruited.com but should have made them easier to find by posting the link myself.

If anyone else has any opinions I would be happy to hear them.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Is Jalene here (Ruston)?

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the Tech family. I didn't check out the videos yet... But I will say that I trust Spoon's opinion on recruiting more than my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Is Jalene here (Ruston)?
    Not yet. She's arriving last minute (on Sept 6th, Orientation week starts Sept 7th). She's been invited to try out for the New Zealand national team for a 3-day exhibition in Japan at the end of August. We're not sure she'll make it since most of the spots are already taken by players who have been on the team for a while now, but it's exciting just to be invited.

Jelena's been the toast of the town since she was recruited. The Lady Techsters now have a whole new fan base on the other side of the world

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketb...ucinic-signing

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketb...-Nenad-Vucinic
    Last edited by Kiwi Techster; 08-10-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Not yet. She's arriving last minute (on Sept 6th, Orientation week starts Sept 7th). She's been invited to try out for the New Zealand national team for a 3-day exhibition in Japan at the end of August. We're not sure she'll make it since most of the spots are already taken by players who have been on the team for a while now, but it's exciting just to be invited.

Jelena's been the toast of the town since she was recruited. The Lady Techsters now have a whole new fan base on the other side of the world

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketb...-Nenad-Vucinic
    Congrats to Jelena and good luck to her in that opportunity! Can't wait to see her at TECH!

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Congrats, can't wait to see her lead our Lady Techsters to a national championship

+ Reply to Thread