+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CFN rates aTm QB best in big 12

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

CFN rates aTm QB best in big 12

http://cfn.scout.com/2/971552.html

1. Jerrod Johnson, Sr. Texas A&M
    The hope was for senior Johnson to grow into a consistent bomber after getting a little bit of experience under his belt, and then … KABOOM. The 6-5, 243-pounder finished third in the nation in total offense and led the Big 12 averaging 314 yards per game completing close to 60% of his passes for 3,579 yards and 39 touchdowns with eight interceptions while adding 506 rushing yards and eight touchdowns. When he was on, he was unstoppable including an incredible final two games throwing for 342 yards and four touchdowns, and running for 97 more, and chucking for 362 yards and two scores against Georgia. However, A&M lost both of those games and lost four of his six 300-yards games (with the two wins coming against New Mexico and Utah State). A legitimate pro prospect with his size, arm, and mobility, he could grow into a Josh Freeman-like first rounder who can up his stock immeasurably if he can start leading the team to more big wins and if he can stay healthy; he has had problems with his shoulder

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: CFN rates aTm QB best in big 12

Yeah. If we're gonna beat them, it's going to be by torching their defense.

The good news: We stand a much better chance of hanging with them Post-Dooley.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Seems like we always play teams when they are on the rebound and looking good. I know we can beat A&M, just gotta get a few stops on D and the offense needs to be on fire.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I know we can beat them. The D is going to have to come up HUGE, though!

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame we'll have to ruin aTm's fans' little party for their quarterback this season. I'm sure he'll have nice stats against everyone else, but I look forward to Josh Victorian and Tank Calais picking off a couple passes while Matt and Mason get a couple sacks. Screw Texas A&M.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    It's a shame we'll have to ruin aTm's fans' little party for their quarterback this season. I'm sure he'll have nice stats against everyone else, but I look forward to Josh Victorian and Tank Calais picking off a couple passes while Matt and Mason get a couple sacks. Screw Texas A&M.
    +1

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Cole on a blitz decleating Johnson would be nice!!!

I know, twss

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote from Johnson after the beatdown they received from Arkansas:
    "I never want to scramble," said Johnson, whose 58 pass attempts was the second-highest total in school history. "I would prefer to sit in the pocket and throw the ball, but different situations presented themselves tonight."

Okay, so he likes to sit in the pocket and he also had shoulder surgery earlier this year and didn't participate much in the Spring. If we can get a good push from our Dline and make him hurry his throws without blitzing too much we definitely increase our chances of a W.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Okay, so he likes to sit in the pocket and he also had shoulder surgery earlier this year and didn't participate much in the Spring. If we can get a good push from our Dline and make him hurry his throws without blitzing too much we definitely increase our chances of a W.
    Well...

That's not good. I hope there are other ways of increasing our chances of winning. We probably blitzed on 4/5 plays in the spring.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    Well...

That's not good. I hope there are other ways of increasing our chances of winning. We probably blitzed on 4/5 plays in the spring.
    Spring practice is different. We will blitz, but you won't see as much of it in a game. That was a dual purpose to see what we have and to give the O something different to work against. The Aggies revolve around Johnson, if he struggles it opens a door for us, if he's in the zone we're in for a long night.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

I like that he is a pocket passer....because we have done SOOOOOOO well against the dual threat QBs

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I like that he is a pocket passer....because we have done SOOOOOOO well against the dual threat QBs
    He's a pocket passer first.....but don't confuse that with limited mobility. The guy has wheels and does take off with it when that's what the defense give him.
    He's streaky though. If he's on....we're in for a long day. If he's struggling, which he did at times last year....we've got a shot.

Biggest thing working in our favor is that A&M will likely start three Freshmen or RS Freshmen on the Oline. A true Freshman has been pretty much penciled in at Left Tackle. That's huge. We'll have to take advantage of that if we want to pull off the upset.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Some things not working in our favor:
    -The Nation's #1 sack leader, Von Miller, bypassed NFL opportunity to come back and terrorize college quarterbacks for another year.
    -They have a 5 star Running Back that is an absolute stud (Christine Michael) and they like to use him.
    -They have a WR who is a likely 1st round draft choice after this season (Jeff Fuller). 6'4, 220 and has some serious mitts.
    -Recieving corps as a whole is pretty talented. (I like our too, though).
    -Their offense was #5 overall in the Nation last year.

Those things don't work in our favor. But there are others that do.
    -Freshman left tackle.
    -Defense that rated around 100 nationally.
    -New defensive scheme that they aren't familiar with.
    -4 or 5 New assistant coaches (same for us)
    -Early season game without much time for them to review film on our tendencies.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    Some things not working in our favor:
    -The Nation's #1 sack leader, Von Miller, bypassed NFL opportunity to come back and terrorize college quarterbacks for another year.
    -They have a 5 star Running Back that is an absolute stud (Christine Michael) and they like to use him.
    -They have a WR who is a likely 1st round draft choice after this season (Jeff Fuller). 6'4, 220 and has some serious mitts.
    -Recieving corps as a whole is pretty talented. (I like our too, though).
    -Their offense was #5 overall in the Nation last year.

Those things don't work in our favor. But there are others that do.
    -Freshman left tackle.
    -Defense that rated around 100 nationally.
    -New defensive scheme that they aren't familiar with.
    -4 or 5 New assistant coaches (same for us)
    -Early season game without much time for them to review film on our tendencies.

We may not win, but I think we keep it close at the very least. I do not see a blowout in this game (unless our D totally collapses). I like our chances, but I am worried that we will still be adjusting to the new offensive schemes at that time.

Yeah, that New Scheme thing is a double edged sword.
    Our new scheme makes it hard for A&M to prepare for.....but its also something we haven't yet perfected.

A&M will have a similar situation with their defense.

+ Reply to Thread