+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFN rates aTm QB best in big 12

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: CFN rates aTm QB best in big 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    Yeah, that New Scheme thing is a double edged sword.
    Our new scheme makes it hard for A&M to prepare for.....but its also something we haven't yet perfected.

A&M will have a similar situation with their defense.

Probably a little more negative for us. At least A&M can look at footage of UA and MTSU last year and get a feel for what we will be doing. Fortunately, we get a game to iron out the mistakes before we play them. Just not sure one game will be enough. Although unlike past years, I do not think we have to play an error-free, near perfect game to beat them. But we will have to step it up several notches over what we did last year.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

I think our offense will be pretty far along by the time we play them. They looked good in the Spring, to me. Give them about 20+ more practices in August and they might suprise us.

I know one thing. We've got some weapons at the skill positions and if we give the QB any time at all....I think we can cause some damage.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    ....I think we can cause some damage.

Big damage! :icon_wink:

You may be right if we name a starter before fall practice starts and stick with him during the preseason practices. Whomever it is, will need all the reps they can get during preseason practice. I think we might be hurting the first 2-3 games if we split the starting reps between a couple of guys right up to the last week of practice or the first game.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Big damage! :icon_wink:

You may be right if we name a starter before fall practice starts and stick with him during the preseason practices. Whomever it is, will need all the reps they can get during preseason practice. I think we might be hurting the first 2-3 games if we split the starting reps between a couple of guys right up to the last week of practice or the first game.
    I agree.

And for the record, I think the article referenced in the original post is correct. Johnson is the best QB in the Big 12 this year.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Then again, there are only 2 or 3 returning starters.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Then again, there are only 2 or 3 returning starters.
    Good point.
    But there are a couple of strong talents in the Big12.

The Mizzou QB is a star in the makings.
    Landry Jones at OU is talented and well hyped.
    The Griffith dude from Baylor is talented, but way over-rated.
    Ofcourse the Texas Tech QB will likely throw for a million yards.
    And Garrett Gilbert of Texas will be billed as the 2nd coming by the media (as usual).

+ Reply to Thread