+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CUSA Expansion targets: Temple, Tech, TCU

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

CUSA Expansion targets: Temple, Tech, TCU

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi...ion_talks.html

More discussions took place in Destin this past week. C-USA officials said they couldn't discuss the specifics or possibilities. But schools mentioned as possible targets if C-USA were to expand included Temple, Louisiana Tech and TCU, or perhaps some schools from larger conferences that might begin to fall apart during realignment, according to some people connected to C-USA.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Re: CUSA Expansion targets: Temple, Tech, TCU

With Tech and TCU, I can understand them being on CUSA's list. But Temple? Doesn't make much sense to me, especially from a geographic standpoint.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

TEMPLE?!?!?! So they don't like having to travel to Marshall because it's too far away, so they're thinking about adding a school in PENNSYLVANIA?!?!?!?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Philly is still closer than all but ONE of our WAC mates. Probably a lot easier to get to than Logan or Las Cruces too. Of course, I figure Temple is mentioned to placate the eastern teams. BB wants to move this conference toward Texas. I imagine when this next round is done, Marshall might be back in the MAC.

Anybody notice the stark contrast between BB and KB? BB is talking about a team that was in a BCS bowl last year while KB is talking about an FCS team.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Anybody notice the stark contrast between BB and KB? BB is talking about a team that was in a BCS bowl last year while KB is talking about an FCS team.
    Absolutely. Britton Banowsky lives in Irving, TX, which is C-USA headquarters. He wants C-USA to not just survive, but grow and be successful (i.e. with a tighter geographical footprint).
    IMO, Benson has proven that he is just a PR man for his alma mater- Boise State. His next stop is retirement, which should happen a year or so after BSU leaves the WAC.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi...ion_talks.html

More discussions took place in Destin this past week. C-USA officials said they couldn't discuss the specifics or possibilities. But schools mentioned as possible targets if C-USA were to expand included Temple, Louisiana Tech and TCU, or perhaps some schools from larger conferences that might begin to fall apart during realignment, according to some people connected to C-USA.

I dont see TCU jumping from one mid major conference to another. I think it comes down to Tech and Temple.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I dont see TCU jumping from one mid major conference to another. I think it comes down to Tech and Temple.
    You kill me with this mid major talk. If you are going to use it define it.:icon_wink: You can't unless you are willing to say Iowa State the likes are "large" majors. I'll allow you to use it in MBB.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You kill me with this mid major talk. If you are going to use it define it.:icon_wink: You can't unless you are willing to say Iowa State the likes are "large" majors. I'll allow you to use it in MBB.
    non bcs..same thing:icon_wink:

I think there are other schools in the mix. In general, I agree about TCU, but I don't think they see it as mid-major vs. mid-major. I think they see it as potential AQ conference vs. a conference that is not. Now, with Utah and BYU (even if you add Boise), the MWC is no longer a potential AQ. At that point, I think TCU would be open if BB could put them together a sweetheart deal.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

TCU will make thier decisions based upon the direction of BYU and Utah. If one or both jump ship to join another team, then they have no reason to stay in the MWC.

Temple? This is a play for TV sets. While they may not command alot of televisions in Philly, it will warrant some local coverage. Plus it keeps the east division happy. They are not interested in adding more Texas teams.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Get your terms right radio dude! I prefer non-BCS, but it is actually non AQ.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

That's the problem he's trying to point out. Not everyone uses that definition.

TCU has jumped from the WAC to CUSA to MWC already. They'll go where they can get the most money/bowls/pub.

Puppy Hummell is just really niceHummell is just really niceHummell is just really niceHummell is just really niceHummell is just really niceHummell is just really niceHummell is just really niceHummell is just really niceHummell is just really niceHummell is just really niceHummell is just really nice

I think LT would do great in C-USA. What are you guys averaging in terms of attendance? Would you fall somewhere in the top half of C-USA? How are your facilities?

Best of luck with the new coaching staff this fall and best of luck with all expansion scenario's. Sounds to me like LT is ready to make a jump.

GO DAMN PIRATES
    Hum

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Speculation of LA Tech moving to C-USA does seem to be gaining momentum. Here is a UTEP article from a couple of weeks ago...
    http://www.ruidosonews.com/ruidoso-e...nt/ci_15001487

Here's a scenario: The Big Ten expands from 11 teams to 12 by adding Pitt, Syracuse or Rutgers from the Big East. The Big East grabs UCF from Conference USA, C-USA poaches Louisiana Tech from the WAC or a Sun Belt school...

A Conference USA wish list presumably would start with Louisiana Tech, which was considered in 2005, and Sun Belt schools. If UCF, perhaps the most attractive C-USA school to the Big East along with Memphis, was to depart, there are two Sun Belt options to keep the league in the Florida market (Florida International and Florida Atlantic).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

No, but that sounds much better thank you.

+ Reply to Thread