+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual college football countdown

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Annual college football countdown

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    At first I thought this was the quad countdown and I was thinking that hurts. I can't say I care as much what the Orlando Sentinal says. If we are ranked lower than ULM and ULL then I don't put much faith in it. If the Quad does the same then I will be dissapointed.
    shouldn't that be starting soon?

edit:

Found it. We're ranked even lower. I haven't read it yet, but here's the link. It's the same guy, just not on 'the quad's website yet.

http://www.presnapread.com/

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

We are ranked higher than ulm, but lower than ull.

ulm #114
    Tech #104
    ull #102

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...a-new-address/
    http://www.presnapread.com/five-and-...ech/#more-1863

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

He's still one of the better, more thorough countdown guys out there. But this article is pretty rough by his standards. He got lots of names wrong. Some of his linebacker stuff is strange, and he's (like most) un-educated about our WR's. He did predict anywhere from 3 to 8 wins, which shows that he knows he's clueless- but still.

His major point is the coaching change and the lack of QB- both are valid concerns. He does have us below USU, UI, and UH, which hurt (especially given the beating we put on Hawaii last season).

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

That burns a little bit. I can't really argue with most of what he says though. I think we will do better than he predicts but that may just be my red and blue glasses talking.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

With all the unflattering preseason rankings, there may be some money to be made betting on Tech this year.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    We are ranked higher than ulm, but lower than ull.

ulm #114
    Tech #104
    ull #102

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...a-new-address/
    http://www.presnapread.com/five-and-...ech/#more-1863

I really like the comment below from The Quad.

#104 Louisiana Tech
    http://www.presnapread.com/no-104-louisiana-tech/
    Where do Louisiana Tech fans congregate? Bulldog Barks & Bytes contains one of my favorite fan-run message boards in the country: the site gets bonus points for keeping a running tally of each day’s team during last year’s Countdown. Ah, those heady days when I had a dedicated readership. Bleed Tech Blue does not have near the level of chatter you’ll find at BB&B, though the site does give in-depth coverage of Louisiana Tech recruiting.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    He's still one of the better, more thorough countdown guys out there. But this article is pretty rough by his standards. He got lots of names wrong. Some of his linebacker stuff is strange, and he's (like most) un-educated about our WR's. He did predict anywhere from 3 to 8 wins, which shows that he knows he's clueless- but still.

His major point is the coaching change and the lack of QB- both are valid concerns. He does have us below USU, UI, and UH, which hurt (especially given the beating we put on Hawaii last season).
    It was strange! Everything I have read predicting 2010 shows the LB as the heart of the D if not the team. Who knows what will happen, but moving Cole from his natural position just doesn't add up. Also, on the Strong side, Tech usually runs the Gator D which puts Tank there. WR's.....he didn't have a good handle on that one at all.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    If there are any redshirt Seniors on the team, they will be JBIII recruits I think.
    What exactly constitutes being a recruit of a certain coach? Didn't Dusty first commit to Bicknell? I will always speak positively for what Dooley did to our program but I will also do the same for guys JBIII recruited. He did get his fair share of talent.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    What exactly constitutes being a recruit of a certain coach? Didn't Dusty first commit to Bicknell? I will always speak positively for what Dooley did to our program but I will also do the same for guys JBIII recruited. He did get his fair share of talent.
    Dusty was considered in the first class DD recruited. However, he was offered by JBIII before he left. Dusty committed, after JBIII left but before DD was hired as that is where he wanted to play. After talking to folks there we knew there was a totally new commitment to the program. DD confirmed the offer in a visit. I guess officially everyone signed in 2007 is part of DDs first recruiting class.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    Dusty was considered in the first class DD recruited. However, he was offered by JBIII before he left. Dusty committed, after JBIII left but before DD was hired as that is where he wanted to play. After talking to folks there we knew there was a totally new commitment to the program. DD confirmed the offer in a visit. I guess officially everyone signed in 2007 is part of DDs first recruiting class.
    Well if that is the case does this last class belong to Dooley or Sonny D? Since these guys mostly committed when Dooley was here does that change anything?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Just for the record, Peter King the great NFL guru, pick the Saints to finish 23rd last year.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Just post these preseason ratings in the locker room and stand back! Under rated could be a benefit particularly at aTm.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Just post these preseason ratings in the locker room and stand back! Under rated could be a benefit particularly at aTm.
    Let's make sure we dont lose to Grambling first..

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

How can you predict 3 to 8 wins and be taken seriously?????????? That is like saying a team could win a National Championship or not make the NCAA's in basketball. I am disappointed that they don't see the potential and put us with the UL Pickums, but this should serve as great motivation.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Maybe the 101 is referring to the amount of points we will score in week 1!!

I am partial to the 101, Wild Turkey that is
    Dude beside us in our condo in Panama got trashed off this stuff the other night..

Funniest thing I've ever seen/heard.

+ Reply to Thread