+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEC trying clocks??

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Re: SEC trying clocks??

They use the clocks in the NBC world series(college summer ball) and really the only time the time expires is when a pitcher or batter takes way too long. Playing in it myself I never even paid attention to the clock and it was a non factor for my team and only once or twice in 10 or so games for the opposing teams.

Bulldog VolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around here

Starting at 9:30 a.m. and playing 4 games, they were done yesterday by 11:30 p.m. Time of the games: 2:12, 2:39, 3:17, 2:55.

Last year's first day, starting at 10 a.m. and playing 4 games, they were done just before 2 a.m. Time of the games: 2:15, 3:01, 2:55, 3:57. I was the official scorer for games 2 and 3.

And I can tell you that being at a ballpark from 8 a.m. until 3 a.m., going back to the hotel and getting 3 hours of sleep, then coming back to do it all over again the next day is quite miserable. From a game management perspective, I'm all for a visible clock. I say a "visible" clock because the 20-second rule has ALWAYS BEEN THERE ANYWAY with no runners on base, it's just rarely - if ever - enforced. The more effective change to the pace of the games in this year's tournament is the shortened time between innings (1 minute, 48 seconds) and less time between games (30 minutes as opposed to 45).

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I've got a better idea, quit inviting so many teams to the tourn.
    Btw, I hate the clock.

+ Reply to Thread