+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Folks, it is time to face reality.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Folks, it is time to face reality.

We need a new baseball coach.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Folks, it is time to face reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    That's silly. Sim didn't make the two pitches that cost us tonight. Have you even followed the team this year. We don't have pitching Richard. Sim didn't play SS tonight either.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

I knew it wouldn't be long til we heard this (getting rid of Sim).

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    That's silly. Sim didn't make the two pitches that cost us tonight. Have you even followed the team this year. We don't have pitching. . . Sim didn't play SS tonight either.
    Agree!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I don't think anybody would do well after losing 7 scholarship arms out of the 9 we had coming out of fall. Or thereabouts.

Only two of the pitchers from the fall are still pitching. That's a serious blow. It's a wonder we've won as much as we have.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

It is in fact time to face reaity, and the reality is that Brad is in fact the coach we need, because he can obviously do so much better when put in this situation. I hate stupid people.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    That's silly. Sim didn't make the two pitches that cost us tonight. Have you even followed the team this year. We don't have pitching Richard. Sim didn't play SS tonight either.
    No, but he is the coach and the buck stops with him.

Year after year, the only thing we are left with are excuses.

This song and dance is getting old.

If you are happy with mediocrity, that is your perogative. But I am not happy with it.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Sim needs to start winning... Seems like a good guy but in coaching results are what really matters

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not advocating getting rid of Coach Sim.

But I do find it very annoying that we seem to keep having pitching meltdowns every season. I don't know what is causing it, but the problem does need to be addressed. It seems like we've had a young staff for a few years now, which shouldn't really happen, right? Doesn't it seem like we have a lot more injuries at that one position than most teams?

Like I said, I don't know what's going on. I'm by no means a baseball expert, or even knowledgeable. I just know what I see, and what I see does concern me.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

First post ever on the baseball board. Thanks for stopping by. Now, move along.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    I'm not advocating getting rid of Coach Sim.

But I do find it very annoying that we seem to keep having pitching meltdowns every season. I don't know what is causing it, but the problem does need to be addressed. It seems like we've had a young staff for a few years now, which shouldn't really happen, right? Doesn't it seem like we have a lot more injuries at that one position than most teams?

Like I said, I don't know what's going on. I'm by no means a baseball expert, or even knowledgeable. I just know what I see, and what I see does concern me.
    Our hitting has always been solid...our pitching has been below average at best. He is loyal to Tree, but our pitching is what is costing us every year...I'm just saying
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Our hitting has always been solid...our pitching has been below average at best. He is loyal to Tree, but our pitching is what is costing us every year...I'm just saying
    If you're gonna bash coaches on here, then please don't call them all the time and try to be buddy-buddy with them to their face. I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    It is in fact time to face reaity, and the reality is that Brad is in fact the coach we need, because he can obviously do so much better when put in this situation. I hate stupid people.
    Stupid is repeating the same mistakes, or in this case, repeating the same decisions.

Maybe I would do better. Maybe I wouldn't. But we will never find out.

We do know, however, what the current coach has done during his tenure: 202-242-1 (.454) over eight years, only three winning seasons and zero postseason appearances. His WAC record is even more underwhelming at 85-131 (.377), with only two seasons above .500.

The numbers don't lie.

Stupid is repeating the same mistakes, or in this case, repeating the same decisions.

Maybe I would do better. Maybe I wouldn't. But we will never find out.

We do know, however, what the current coach has done during his tenure: 202-242-1 (.454) over eight years, only three winning seasons and zero postseason appearances. His WAC record is even more underwhelming at 85-131 (.377), with only two seasons above .500.

The numbers don't lie.
    We will never be consistently successful as long as we're in the WAC. In the Belt or Southland, we win 40 games.

+ Reply to Thread