+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Folks, it is time to face reality.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Folks, it is time to face reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Did anybody know who Derek Dooley, Sonny Dykes, or Kerry Rupp was before we hired them?

Jay Artigues has done a great job at Southeastern. But we have an athletics budget double SELA's size but don't have enough money to bring him in, right?
    Read my previous post and see if I ever commented on the firing or any of our football coaches or basketball coaches. The answer is no. I know nothing about basketball and little about football so I don't comment on those. Perhaps some on here shouldn't comment unless they are knowledgeable.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    I'm a baseball novice, but you said something that even I see because its a pattern. The question is why ? If I had to say (guess) the reason, I think it would relate to scholly MONEY (as already repeatedly said). Being able to give more aces a better scholarship deal, and to a lesser extent pitcher recruiting philosiphy and approach.
    Baseball only gets 11.78 scholarships which has to be split to cover the entire roster.

I don't know if this is true or not, but an Ole Miss alum told me that LSU has an inherent advantage over all of the other SEC baseball programs because of TOPS. He said that they give full athletic scholarships to their out-of-state recruits and put most of their in-state recruits on TOPS as preferred walk-ons. So basically their entire roster is on full scholarship. Other states don't have that luxury.

All you have to do to get your tuition payed for in Louisiana is get a 20 on your ACT and have a 2.5 high school GPA. Most all baseball players meet those requirements.

Can we not use that to our advantage at Tech? Or do we already do that?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I do not know if Sim should stay or go and I will freely admit that I have not followed the program that closely over the past few years. Just based on his record, I think we could do better. However, I totally understand that the budget and admin support play into the situation as well. The bottom line for me is that we have a competitive baseball team most years. That has not been the case. If the answer is getting a new coach, then do it. If it is increasing support from the admin then that needs to be done. No reason why we should not be top three in the WAC 5 out of 6 years. I just want the team to win consistantly and get a title on occasion.

It is real easy to come up with replacement names if that is the answer. I know nothing of these guys except for thier bio's and that they win a lot. These range from major conference assistants down to JC head coaches. A few even have LA ties. Some may not want to come to Tech. I came up with these in about 10 minutes.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/harmon_tommy00.html

http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/johnson_skip00.html

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/arteaga_jd00.html

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/mercadante_joe00.html

http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/knutson_ken00.html

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30670&SPID=2415&DB_OEM_ID=6 100&ATCLID=188533&Q_SEASON=2009

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30670&SPID=2415&DB_OEM_ID=6 100&ATCLID=227707&Q_SEASON=2009

http://www.gatorzone.com/baseball/staff/weitzel

http://www.tampaspartans.com/profile.asp?playerID=260

http://muleriderathletics.com/mens-sports/baseball/baseball-coaches/gum/

http://www.western.cc.ok.us/woscbaseball/coachrussellbio[2].htm

http://athletics.lsue.edu/coaches.aspx?rc=16&path=baseball

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

If it is allowed we are doing it.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Already doing it. I believe Clint Ewing falls in this category. Benton HS catcher will be here next year as a TOPS preferred walk on.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

We also do partial scholarships, which pays what TOPS doesn't cover.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Brad, its posters like you who give the internet a bad name. If you are going to give red dots, sign them.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Brad, its posters like you who give the internet a bad name. If you are going to give red dots, sign them.

I have to apologize. I did not know the rules for red dotting someone. I have rarely used the feature, and I am guilty of not reading the rules before doing so (I guess that makes me qualified for Congress) I made the mistake of following the lead of others.

Again, I apologize for being ignorant and not following the rules.

But I must have really gotten under your skin, maddawg, for you to call me out like that considering I have been red dotted with no signatures. A private message would have been sufficient.

But, at least I don't use foul language when I red dot a poster. The same can't be said of some other posters/moderators. Right, maddawg?

Alas, the Internet if full of thin-skinned moderators. Hopefully, maddawg, you are not one of them.

Brad
    Last edited by Brad; 05-29-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Varsity Bulldog MoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the rough

Who is the Benton catcher Dawg Dude??

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoltonLava8 View Post
    Who is the Benton catcher Dawg Dude??
    His name is Chance something.. It starts with an N. Nerand?

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Brad isn't the only one who does this. Most of the red I have recieved has been unsigned. I always sign mine, or make a post on the thread that says the same thing I said in the red dot message line so that the person know who sent it. Oh well some people are just scared to be red dotted back.

Varsity Bulldog MoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the rough

We dont need Chance he is not a good enough hitter and has a weak arm behind the plate.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

We dont need Chance he is not a good enough hitter and has a weak arm behind the plate.
    You sure are the baseball recruiting expert.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

God forbid we take a change on a kid that has his academics in line and is not taking up a baseball scholarship....you have already proven your knowledge of talent evaluation.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Baseball only gets 11.78 scholarships which has to be split to cover the entire roster.

I don't know if this is true or not, but an Ole Miss alum told me that LSU has an inherent advantage over all of the other SEC baseball programs because of TOPS. He said that they give full athletic scholarships to their out-of-state recruits and put most of their in-state recruits on TOPS as preferred walk-ons. So basically their entire roster is on full scholarship. Other states don't have that luxury.

All you have to do to get your tuition payed for in Louisiana is get a 20 on your ACT and have a 2.5 high school GPA. Most all baseball players meet those requirements.

IF they are someone that LSU is really interested in, then the young man will pick LSU over Tech for the TOPS. Tech may get someone for TOPS and it helps, but they are not the the ones LSU picks.

+ Reply to Thread