• Keep him one more year and see how we do

31 46.27%
  • Fire him now

15 22.39%
  • He's our coach until he leaves

21 31.34%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion of keeping or letting go Coach Sim?

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: What's your opinion of keeping or letting go Coach Sim?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well, if LSUS has to TRAVEL all the way to Ruston next time, we'll kick their teeth in! It's that travel, ya know .
    That is the most unrealistic example I have ever heard.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The only issues were lack of pitching. Most of us knew that was a problem long before that loss. Some thought we should have thrown our ace in that game and that winning that game was more important than competing in the conference.
    Not our ACE but the 3rd or fourth in rotation would have been nice.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Rob View Post
    Other schools are getting better, we clearly are not.
    Is not getting any better good enough? We will see...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    My vote, Hold BVD's feet to the fire and give him more resources to work with. As has been mentioned his budget is a joke and what money he has raised has been taken out from under him, ridiculous.
    Yes and yes.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    That is the most unrealistic example I have ever heard.
    Ah.....you do know that was a joke, right?

But then, blaming travel is a joke too!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Ah.....you do know that was a joke, right?

But then, blaming travel is a joke too!

I disagree. It is a major issue, and one which affects us much more than any other WAC team except Hawaii, which gets an offset on their overall records because so many non-conference games are held on the island.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I am convinced that travel plays a major role. How many football games have we won on the island? How many games have we won on the blue turf? Didn't we drum USU in basketball at home this year and lose to them by only a few at their place? Didn't the same thing happen with Nevada in b-ball? No one can convince me that we wouldn't be better in all sports if we didn't have to fly 3 hours to our nearest conference opponent.

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I am convinced that travel plays a major role. How many football games have we won on the island? How many games have we won on the blue turf? Didn't we drum USU in basketball at home this year and lose to them by only a few at their place? Didn't the same thing happen with Nevada in b-ball? No one can convince me that we wouldn't be better in all sports if we didn't have to fly 3 hours to our nearest conference opponent.
    Tech can fix the travel problem if it wants to!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post

Conference USA hasn't offered yet.

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    And they probably won't!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

And they probably won't!
    If they don't then we can't really fix the travel problem without adding more problems, can we?

Any other conference in the area (I'm going to go ahead and rule out the SEC and Big 12) would have much lower conference payouts and a worse tv deal.

If they don't then we can't really fix the travel problem without adding more problems, can we?

Any other conference in the area (I'm going to go ahead and rule out the SEC and Big 12) would have much lower conference payouts and a worse tv deal.
    Not after Boise State bolts to the MWC next week!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    The travel doesn't keep other conference opponents from winning regularly.
    Are you kidding...what sport has won regularly? Go back and compare the past 5 seasons MBB vs BB and come back with the results.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Not after Boise State bolts to the MWC next week!
    So you've read in the WAC/ESPN contract that we get a reduced amount after Boise leaves?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So you've read in the WAC/ESPN contract that we get a reduced amount after Boise leaves?
    Come on, guys. If there is a drastic shake-up, we are going to have to look at ALL our options, no matter how much we loathe "Me Too U" down I-20.

From my own perspective, I'd like to see us and the Cajuns land in CUSA when this whole thing is over.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Come on, guys. If there is a drastic shake-up, we are going to have to look at ALL our options, no matter how much we loathe "Me Too U" down I-20.

From my own perspective, I'd like to see us and the Cajuns land in CUSA when this whole thing is over.
    Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread