+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. Rupp Adds Jones to Coaching Staff - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. Rupp Adds Jones to Coaching Staff - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech head coach Kerry Rupp completed his coaching staff this week announcing the addition of Louisiana native Derrick Jones to the Bulldog staff.

More...

Discuss it here.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Rupp adds assistant Derrick Jones

Derrick Jones

Rupp Adds Jones to Coaching Staff
    Louisiana native brings state ties to staff
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...060210aaa.html
    • Hometown Erwinville, LA (outside of Baton Rouge)
    • High School: Catholic HS
    • Signed to Mississippi State later transferred to Samford
    • JV Head coach at John Ehret High School (New Orleans)
    • Samford assistant coach
    • UNO assistant coach

Welcome to Louisiana Tech! You should have no problem being a Bulldog!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rupp adds assistant Derrick Jones

Appears to be a good hire. Don't know much about him, though. Recruiting at UNO is different than recruiting at Tech, but I like the Louisiana ties. PLUS, he knows how to coach with is different than our last one.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Appears to be a good hire. Don't know much about him, though. Recruiting at UNO is different than recruiting at Tech, but I like the Louisiana ties. PLUS, he knows how to coach with is different than our last one.
    I know Derrick, if you look up the word First Class, his picture is beside it. I think he will do a great job for us. He knows a lot of people Lafayette and south which will be good for us.

Welcome DJ

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Anyone who is able to recruit well in south Louisiana should be a huge asset.

Glad to have Coach Jones on board.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news! Thanks for the feedback!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Looks like a home run hire to me all around. I love the fact he coached HS in NO area and has been recruiting in LA already. We haven't signed a lot of S LA kids under anyone so his experience should help.

Welcome aboard Coach Jones!

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

At one point it appeared that the mens program was imploding.

Now we have a good recruiting class and a first class hire.

This huge emotional swings are going to give me grey hair prematurely.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Fits nicely as no budget increases. Unless LSU, won't get them approved.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post

Kind reminds me of football a couple of months ago.

I'm glad to be a fan of an institution who's athletic department is consistently improving.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post

Just be glad you have hair. You have relatives that began loosing it in college.:bigcry:
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog dascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her game

Re: M. Basketball. Rupp Adds Jones to Coaching Staff - latechsports.com

I understand this is a Louisiana guy, I'm researching to find the big recruits this guy has landed. Can anyone shed any light on what big Louisiana recruits has he recruited in the past?

He is replacing the ex lead recruiter/associate head coach.
    Last edited by dascoop; 06-06-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dascoop View Post
    I understand this is a Louisiana guy, I'm researching to find the big recruits this guy has landed. Can anyone shed any light on what big Louisiana recruits has he recruited in the past?

He is replacing the ex lead recruiter/associate head coach.
    I went to elementary and high school with DJ, he was 2 years younger than me. He signed with MS St. out of high school, was a heck of a basketball player. Truly, a classy guy...looks like his ties to south LA should help us...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Varsity Bulldog dascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I went to elementary and high school with DJ, he was 2 years younger than me. He signed with MS St. out of high school, was a heck of a basketball player. Truly, a classy guy...looks like his ties to south LA should help us...
    Great to hear, but from looking at UNO's record and the Louisiana players on the team, I don't see the evidence that this guy is a big time recruiter in Lousiana or nationally.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Just be glad you have hair. You have relatives that began loosing it in college.:bigcry:

+ Reply to Thread