+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Dawgs At Duke

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Any Dawgs At Duke

I will be teaching a course at Duke in June as part of their GT program. We have any Dawgs in the area or anyone that can tell me where the good places to eat in town are?????

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Any Dawgs At Duke

I don't know of the good place to eat, but just stay clear of Crystal Gail Mangum. :icon_wink:

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

will do!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I spoke at a workshop in Durham a few weeks ago. There's a very cool little plaza downtown -- located between 2 old tobacco warehouses converted to restaurants, retail, offices, and swanky condos. Cant recall the name, but it was a really popular hangout. If you find the plaza, the Greek establishment is outstanding. (About $20-25 for a dinner entree.)

Oh, but I regret to inform you the whole scene was chock full of leggy Duke coeds. Hope that's not too much of problem for you.

Not far from there is the historic El Toro Field. Original home of the Durham Bulls. Worth a quick side trip. (NC Central, also in Durham, plays there now.)

cool, I will be there for three weeks and then head to San Antonio for second term to teach at Trinity. I will have to check the greek place out. Co-eds have never been a problem for me!!

Do they have decent public transit? I don't want to rent a car for 3 weeks, but they are flying me up so the vette is staying in McKinney.

Bulldog hisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the ears

there is a good bus service from rdu to durham 3 bucks i think. yes good public transit think it is route 603/613 to and from chapel hill. bus routes throughout the area.

tylers tap room in durham is great beer bar. chapel hill is the place to be though. any thought of leggy coeds in durham is a joke, must have been away from women for a spell.

top of the hill and carolina brewery are good in chapel hill.

8 miles from durham to the hill.

squiddos(?) good seafood in chapel hill.

sutton's drug store/lunch counter is where the basketball teams hang out.

gotta go see the carolina basketbal museum. next to it is the women's basketball office, you can see the 1994 national championship trophy they stole from us. only time i've ever cheered against carolina.

thanks. Will spend most of my time in Durham, but plan on heading over to chapel hill once or twice

+ Reply to Thread