+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boise State to the Mountain West

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Boise State to the Mountain West

Fresno has singlehandedly done more than the whole SBC combined in the last decade.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I am guessing by noon (Central time) on Monday Boise is in the MWC:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...;pageContainer

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I am guessing by noon (Central time) on Monday Boise is in the MWC:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...;pageContainer
    The MWC could go either way. The MWC will become one of the AQ conferences once they take on the schools of the Big 12 that the Pac10 doesn't want. Either that or, if Texas decides that it wants no part of Pac10 membership, the MWC will be gutted by the Big 12 and the Pac 10. If the latter happens, it will mean the end of the WAC as we know it as Fresno and Nevada, and maybe Hawaii, will join Boise in the MWC. This latter scenario is what I think will come to pass. That will leave us as a new member of either CUSA, the Sunbelt, or an independent once again. It could go either way. This is brutal, I can't take much more of it.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    The MWC could go either way. The MWC will become one of the AQ conferences once they take on the schools of the Big 12 that the Pac10 doesn't want. Either that or, if Texas decides that it wants no part of Pac10 membership, the MWC will be gutted by the Big 12 and the Pac 10. If the latter happens, it will mean the end of the WAC as we know it as Fresno and Nevada, and maybe Hawaii, will join Boise in the MWC. This latter scenario is what I think will come to pass. That will leave us as a new member of either CUSA, the Sunbelt, or an independent once again. It could go either way. This is brutal, I can't take much more of it.

Umm, maybe the MWC is getting a case of cold feet:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/0...sts-turns.html

Could be just smoke, but if they decide to hold off on voting, not a good sign for Boise in my opinion.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Calm down you're driving some of us crazy!!!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

it will mean the end of the WAC as we know it
    And I feel fiiiiiii-iiine!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

We may get the answer in about 15 minutes from now (12:45 Central):

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/201...rence_meetings

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Not happening. At least not yet.

FWIW, the Mountain West decides not to invite Boise St. for now.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/0...to-expand.html

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

My guess, they still expand in the end and they probably still take Boise -

There is no way the MWC can even think of staying relevant at 9 members
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    My guess, they still expand in the end and they probably still take Boise -

There is no way the MWC can even think of staying relevant at 9 members
    I think they'll wait to see what the Big 12 does. They'd love to get 4-5 teams from the Big 12 or the teams in the Big 12 could take teams from the MWC. Even at 4-5 teams, the remaining Big 12 teams still have the power.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I think they'll wait to see what the Big 12 does. They'd love to get 4-5 teams from the Big 12 or the teams in the Big 12 could take teams from the MWC. Even at 4-5 teams, the remaining Big 12 teams still have the power.
    I have the pow-errrrrr!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I have the pow-errrrrr!!!
    That picture reminded me of an article I read in Field & Stream the other day of a guy getting struck by lightning while fishing, and he survived. Very interesting. http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...ghtning-strike

While that's cool, I'm disappointed my pop culture reference was lost on you.

Where my Gen-X Dawgs?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    While that's cool, I'm disappointed my pop culture reference was lost on you.

Where my Gen-X Dawgs?
    By the power of Greyskull....

I had every He-Man action figure (I never called it Masters of the Universe). My Parents kept all of my childhood toys and I actually saw a lot of those the other day when I was looking for some toys for my little boy. I also came across the trailer for an 18 wheeler that said "Wal-Mart: Buy American". Also some really cool metal Tonka trucks.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread