+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy...

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Call me crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen View Post
    I just don't see the Big 12 bringing in New Mexico. Houston I could see.

I can't see New Mexico in the Big 12, either.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I can't see New Mexico in the Big 12, either.
    New market is the only reason. They sure don't have much else to offer.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    New market is the only reason. They sure don't have much else to offer.
    From UNM's website...

The Lobos have averaged an astounding 15,559 fans the past 42 years, an amazing 95% of capacity. The Lobos have finished second in the nation in attendance five times, third on four occasions, and fourth six times. UNM has finished in the top-25 for 42 consecutive years, or every season the Lobos have played in The Pit. No other school in the country can make that claim. The women's team has also been in the top-10, nationally, in average attendance in each of the last 10 seasons. In 2007-08, the women's team averaged 8,638 fans per game, sixth in the NCAA.

Their MBB team was a #3 seed in the NCAA tournament this year.

Their baseball team is in the NCAA baseball tournament right now.

The UNM Women's Basketball team has won the Mountain West championship for four of the past five years, and have gone to the NCAA Tournament for the past six consecutive years.

They host the New Mexico Bowl.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    From UNM's website...

The Lobos have averaged an astounding 15,559 fans the past 42 years, an amazing 95% of capacity. The Lobos have finished second in the nation in attendance five times, third on four occasions, and fourth six times. UNM has finished in the top-25 for 42 consecutive years, or every season the Lobos have played in The Pit. No other school in the country can make that claim. The women's team has also been in the top-10, nationally, in average attendance in each of the last 10 seasons. In 2007-08, the women's team averaged 8,638 fans per game, sixth in the NCAA.

The UNM Women's Basketball team has won the Mountain West championship for four of the past five years, and have gone to the NCAA Tournament for the past six consecutive years.

Impressive. Especially the WBB part.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Impressive. Especially the WBB part.
    The Techsters played one of the most exciting games in history there. We beat them at the buzzer with a 3 pointer. They had over 15,000 there for the game.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    From UNM's website...

You're losing focus. All of this is irrelevant. New Mexico brings no TV sets; end of story.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen View Post
    I just don't see the Big 12 bringing in New Mexico. Houston I could see.
    Houston has great facilities, but when all is said and done it is a black, inner-city school. Houston has no Big 12 possibility and probably has no MWC shot either.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    You're losing focus. All of this is irrelevant. New Mexico brings no TV sets; end of story.
    With a metropolitan population of 857,903 as of July 1, 2009,[3] Albuquerque is the 57th-largest United States metropolitan area. The Albuquerque MSA population includes the city of Rio Rancho, one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. Roughly half the people in New Mexico live in the Albuquerque area.

Its not much but its something. Bigger than a bunch of current Big XII markets.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    With a metropolitan population of 857,903 as of July 1, 2009,[3] Albuquerque is the 57th-largest United States metropolitan area. The Albuquerque MSA population includes the city of Rio Rancho, one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. Roughly half the people in New Mexico live in the Albuquerque area.

Its not much but its something. Bigger than a bunch of current Big XII markets.
    Yes, its bigger than current Big XII markets, that's why the Big XII is falling apart. Plus how many of those 857,903 folks think football is played with a round white ball?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Yes, its bigger than current Big XII markets, that's why the Big XII is falling apart. Plus how many of those 857,903 folks think football is played with a round white ball?
    pretty much all of them

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Crazy! but not Shirley!

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Case closed!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Houston has great facilities, but when all is said and done it is a black, inner-city school.

The University of Houston is notable for its diverse student body, and U.S. News & World Report ranks UH as the second-most diverse research university in the United States.[28] With 37,000 students, the university has significant Asian American and Hispanic populations. Its international student population is primarily from Asia.[1] As of fall 2006, the demographic makeup of the student population was 38.5 percent non-Hispanic white, 19.5 percent Asian or Pacific Islander, 19.3 percent Hispanic (of any race), 13.2 percent non-Hispanic black, 0.4 percent American Indian or Alaskan Native, 7.3 percent International (regardless of race), and 1.8 percent other or unknown.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Houston

Not sure I would characterize the U of H as a black school.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    The University of Houston is notable for its diverse student body, and U.S. News & World Report ranks UH as the second-most diverse research university in the United States.[28] With 37,000 students, the university has significant Asian American and Hispanic populations. Its international student population is primarily from Asia.[1] As of fall 2006, the demographic makeup of the student population was 38.5 percent non-Hispanic white, 19.5 percent Asian or Pacific Islander, 19.3 percent Hispanic (of any race), 13.2 percent non-Hispanic black, 0.4 percent American Indian or Alaskan Native, 7.3 percent International (regardless of race), and 1.8 percent other or unknown.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Houston

Not sure I would characterize the U of H as a black school.
    Ok. It's general local perception is that it is a black, inner-city school. Instead, it is a diverse inner-city school. Either way it won't make the cut for AQ.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Ok. It's general local perception is that it is a black, inner-city school. Instead, it is a diverse inner-city school. Either way it won't make the cut for AQ.

I lived in the Houston area for 11 years after I graduated from Tech. While I don't recall it being known as a minority school, it was called Cougar High by most of my coworkers, excepting those that were alumni of course....

+ Reply to Thread