Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
That's my point though. Instead of repositioning every ten years or so, we should ALL push for 4 mega conferences. Everyone is AQ. If money is a concern, we should have a trickle down model. Produce better results - get better pay days. If you finish 12-0, you should get a bigger piece of the pie. If you finish 1-11, your slice should not be as much. Every mega conference should get a slice of the TV deal though. This helps with competitive balance, but it also allows the best to truly be the best.

This makes bowl games incredibly more intriguing, and it only allows repositioning in conferences due to the addition of more FBS teams.

I know this format is not happening, but in the long run - this is the model we all should pursuing.

(This is something that should be realistically considering for the BIG MOVE after the ones that seem to be coming soon. I'm not suggesting this should be happening now...well it should but that won't be happening.)
I agree with out, but outside of the chance that ALL non-AQ programs will stick together and try this, we need to be looking for a conference with aims toward AQ and willing to form that 16 team conference now.