+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big 10 stops at 12 if...........

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Big 10 stops at 12 if...........

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I figure its easy -

If Big10 and Pac10 goes to 12 - you win

If both expand and either one goes to 14 - I win....

Very simple

"Unless you were both in Chicago then........."

Poker scene from Stripes - with John Candy (v. funny)

53 sec - 5 days ago

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

The PAC14/16 will pull through -

And much like the steak that you will by buying for me - you can stick a fork in the BigXii as you know them because they are DONE!

Money talks and all else walks -

DFM,

This thing is going nuclear, ND is in deep discusions but the bottom line is they will stay Indy in my opinion and then the 16 team conferences will commence.

Then I think the BCS will host 5 BCS games and a +1 NC game. No AQ conferences only top 10 rated BCS teams get invited to th BCS bowls.

This set-up would virtually guarantee that only schools from the SEC, ACC, PAC 16, BIG 16 and MWC 16 get a BCS bid. The TCU's, Boise's, Utah's, and Hawaii's will be few and far between.

They will get the big TV conference contracts and then milk more money out of the BCS TV contract.

That again is just my opinion.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg View Post
    This set-up would virtually guarantee that only schools from the SEC, ACC, PAC 16, BIG 16 and MWC 16 get a BCS bid. The TCU's, Boise's, Utah's, and Hawaii's will be few and far between.
    Huh? Why would the MWC + ISU, KU, KSU, and Colorado get an auto-bid?

The MWC isn't AQ now. If the Super Conference format goes into effect, they won't be AQ then either....
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

The MWC isn't AQ now. If the Super Conference format goes into effect, they won't be AQ then either....

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I figure its easy -

If Big10 and Pac10 goes to 12 - you win

If both expand and either one goes to 14 - I win....

Very simple
    Was just messin with Tech77.

I'll know when you lose. You'll be :bigcry: & I'll be !

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Please reread my post. I stated there would be no AQ conferences just the top 10 ranked BCS teams get invites. I felt the top 10 BCS ranked teams would come from those 5 conferences.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Please reread my post. I stated there would be no AQ conferences just the top 10 ranked BCS teams get invites. I felt the top 10 BCS ranked teams would come from those 5 conferences.
    My apologies. I didn't read closely enough. I have heard folks say what I accused you of saying and, to be honest, it doesn't make any sense to me.

My apologies. I didn't read closely enough. I have heard folks say what I accused you of saying and, to be honest, it doesn't make any sense to me.
    Do you think this thing goes nuclear or will it be scaled back expansion of the Big 10, Pac 10, then Big 12 and Big East start plugging holes?

Do you think this thing goes nuclear or will it be scaled back expansion of the Big 10, Pac 10, then Big 12 and Big East start plugging holes?
    That'll be determined by ND and Texas...and, to a lesser extent, Nebraska. I don't think Texas WANTS to move. I think they want assurance that Nebraska isn't looking to bolt.

So:

If ND goes to Big 10, they stop. BE replaces with one all-sports member. CUSA replaces whoever BE takes. The end.

If Nebraska balks and commits to the Big XII, Pac 10 expansion is dead...nobody else adds the value that Texas does. Big 10 may add one or they may cancel expansion all together. They could go to 14 by taking three BE schools. If they do that, we're a lock for CUSA.

If Nebraska won't commit to the Big XII, Texas goes to the Pac 10, the Big 10 goes to 16, and the nuclear super conference scenario comes to fruition...we're automatically, officially, second class.

That'll be determined by ND and Texas...and, to a lesser extent, Nebraska. I don't think Texas WANTS to move. I think they want assurance that Nebraska isn't looking to bolt.

So:

If ND goes to Big 10, they stop. BE replaces with one all-sports member. CUSA replaces whoever BE takes. The end.

If Nebraska balks and commits to the Big XII, Pac 10 expansion is dead...nobody else adds the value that Texas does. Big 10 may add one or they may cancel expansion all together. They could go to 14 by taking three BE schools. If they do that, we're a lock for CUSA.

If Nebraska won't commit to the Big XII, Texas goes to the Pac 10, the Big 10 goes to 16, and the nuclear super conference scenario comes to fruition...we're automatically, officially, second class.
    Thanks for the opinion.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

If your prediction (no AQ onferences) proves correct, Boise would be CRAZY to move from the WAC. They should be out campaigning to hold the WAC together as it is, because their best chance to play in a BCS game would be right where they are now. Play and beat one or two Top 25 non-conference opponents each year, and keep running the table on the WAC.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    If your prediction (no AQ onferences) proves correct, Boise would be CRAZY to move from the WAC. They should be out campaigning to hold the WAC together as it is, because their best chance to play in a BCS game would be right where they are now. Play and beat one or two Top 25 non-conference opponents each year, and keep running the table on the WAC.
    Agreed -- if the Broncos had good sense, they would be pressing their b!+ch Benson to stabilize current membership and expand the WAC to allow for a championship game. (The states of Colorado and Texas are glaring holes in the WAC footprint.)

And if the WAC were smart, they would be working to retain existing members, instead of this take-em-or-leave-em stance we've seen.

(But I dont see any of that happening.)

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Agreed -- if the Broncos had good sense, they would be pressing their b!+ch Benson to stabilize current membership and expand the WAC to allow for a championship game. (The states of Colorado and Texas are glaring holes in the WAC footprint.)

And if the WAC were smart, they would be working to retain existing members, instead of this take-em-or-leave-em stance we've seen.

(But I dont see any of that happening.)
    You have to be smart to be proactive. You might have to be smart to be inactive. You have to be comatose to be Benson.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    You aren't looking at the big picture. Boise may be able to break into the "BCS" bowls by staying in the WAC but would they be better off financially? By joining the MWC or other higher conference, they also get the advantage of better TV deals which will mean much more than the $$$ they will get when they become eligible for a BCS bowl. I'd love for Boise to stay and contend for top rankings with TECH each year to reap large sums of $$$ by playing up but you have to realize what this is all about. It is all about $$$ and insuring that the big guys get all the $$$. That is why they are setting up their own networks. They are trying to move to 16 member conferences to provide content for their own networks and to control the bowls and later the playoffs. They are going to squeeze out the little guys who have been getting into their $$$ stash that they thought they had secured by making up the AQ thing and are threatening legal action.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    You aren't looking at the big picture. Boise may be able to break into the "BCS" bowls by staying in the WAC but would they be better off financially? By joining the MWC or other higher conference, they also get the advantage of better TV deals which will mean much more than the $$$ they will get when they become eligible for a BCS bowl. I'd love for Boise to stay and contend for top rankings with TECH each year to reap large sums of $$$ by playing up but you have to realize what this is all about. It is all about $$$ and insuring that the big guys get all the $$$. That is why they are setting up their own networks. They are trying to move to 16 member conferences to provide content for their own networks and to control the bowls and later the playoffs. They are going to squeeze out the little guys who have been getting into their $$$ stash that they thought they had secured by making up the AQ thing and are threatening legal action.

Yeah. Good points.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread