+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big 10 stops at 12 if...........

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Big 10 stops at 12 if...........

Quote Originally Posted by hoopdawg View Post
    Texas in planing there own tv deal if they stay in big 12.
    Yes, and this could be what stops them from moving anywhere.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

What a difference a day makes. After reading lots of different reports this morning, all of a sudden it sounds like Nebraska has always been Texas' bff. Plus it sounds like the Big 10 has made it perfectly clear to Notre Dame that if they don't join up now, the Big 10 goes nuclear...not a threat, just an absolute fact. The nuclear option stands to make Notre Dame irrelevent. Everything else is secondary.

Yesterday I was sure Nebraska was leaving; now I'm starting to seriously doubt it. Yesterday I thought the Big 10 could be happy with Nebraska, Missouri and one more. Now I'm pretty sure the ND thing is the absolute end game.

The Big 10 decides if this thing goes nuclear. If it does, there's no telling how much fallout there will be.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    The Big 10 decides if this thing goes nuclear. If it does, there's no telling how much fallout there will be.

Quit worrying about the Big 10 -

The PAC10/16 is where the action is - they are moving and expanding and are looking to rival/surpass the Big10 & SEC with their TV network

Remember - the MWC never said they were issuing an invitation on Monday - it was just speculated that they would...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Quit worrying about the Big 10 -

The PAC10/16 is where the action is - they are moving and expanding and are looking to rival/surpass the Big10 & SEC with their TV network

Remember - the MWC never said they were issuing an invitation on Monday - it was just speculated that they would...
    I disagree.

If the Big 10 and Notre Dame reach an agreement where no one else gets in the Big 10, then Nebraska is stuck in the Big 12. The Big 12 can make a cooperative TV deal with the PAC 10 that hits the mark they need to hit financially and Texas can continue their own marketing deal. Colorado might leave for the PAC 10 but they are easily replaceable. Bottom line: If Notre Dame goes Big 10, Big 12 doesn't fragment and Texas stays put.

Additionally, the problems that are developing in the Texas legislature regarding Baylor and Texas Tech are making the situation more than the PAC 10 can stand. Not if they can add a Colorado and someone else to get to 12 members, have a championship game (which is highly valuable) AND get a co-op deal with the Big 12.

The fear of unintended consequences that comes with 4 mega conferences is the thing that keeps the situation from going nuclear.

Lunch at Moon's says I'm closer to right than you. Loser pays. What do you say? :icon_wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

I disagree.

If the Big 10 and Notre Dame reach an agreement where no one else gets in the Big 10, then Nebraska is stuck in the Big 12. The Big 12 can make a cooperative TV deal with the PAC 10 that hits the mark they need to hit financially and Texas can continue their own marketing deal. Colorado might leave for the PAC 10 but they are easily replaceable. Bottom line: If Notre Dame goes Big 10, Big 12 doesn't fragment and Texas stays put.

Additionally, the problems that are developing in the Texas legislature regarding Baylor and Texas Tech are making the situation more than the PAC 10 can stand. Not if they can add a Colorado and someone else to get to 12 members, have a championship game (which is highly valuable) AND get a co-op deal with the Big 12.

The fear of unintended consequences that comes with 4 mega conferences is the thing that keeps the situation from going nuclear.

Lunch at Moon's says I'm closer to right than you. Loser pays. What do you say? :icon_wink:
    You are on - one of my greatest joys in life is eating on someone else's dime....

There will NOT be a co-op deal between the PAC10 & BigXII - the PRESIDENTS have given the PAC10 commish the go ahead to EXPAND, not to piece together a monstrosity of dislike schools -

And Texas has gotten a sniff of the sweet smell of dough and they will get it - the question is - is it Big10 money or Pac10 money?

What if the Big10 adds ND, Texas & Neb and goes to 14?

You are on - one of my greatest joys in life is eating on someone else's dime....

There will NOT be a co-op deal between the PAC10 & BigXII - the PRESIDENTS have given the PAC10 commish the go ahead to EXPAND, not to piece together a monstrosity of dislike schools -

And Texas has gotten a sniff of the sweet smell of dough and they will get it - the question is - is it Big10 money or Pac10 money?

What if the Big10 adds ND, Texas & Neb and goes to 14?
    My only problem is deciding if I want ribs or steak. Ah, I know...whichever one costs MORE cause you'll be paying for it.

The PAC10 charged they're commish to do a deal and they didn't put handcuffs on him. I believe they will expand and go to 12 teams with Colorado being one of them. But Texas won't be the other.

The Big 10's deal with ND will exclude all others. With ND they get the notoriety and marketability they desire with a school they deem a peer. If they could go back a hundred years, they'd choose ND instead of the University of Chicago, who got out of sports decades ago. But that's 20/20 hindsight.

I agree this is all about the money. I think you're discounting the value of the PAC12/Big 12 co-op, the value of the PAC12 championship, and the problems the Texas legislature is going to create. The mega conferences may happen & I'm not saying they won't eventually. I am saying I doubt they happen now, unless ND rejects the Big 10...then its the next shoe to drop.

On second thought, go ahead and put me down for the ribeye...medium rare.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

I'm throwin' in with tenacious. I think ND stays independent, Missouri leaves, Nebraska stays and the PAC 10 and Big XII form a co-op. I can't figure who replaces Missouri in the Big XII. The Big 10 then raids the BE, who raids CUSA, who adds us.

We shall see...:icon_wink:

Tenacious there is no doubt in my order - ribeye medium well, tater and two pieces of lite bread with a large Coke-cola....

No way PAC10 only goes to 12 and I really think Big10 hits 14 because ND will not go in the end

Tenacious there is no doubt in my order - ribeye medium well, tater and two pieces of lite bread with a large Coke-cola....

No way PAC10 only goes to 12 and I really think Big10 hits 14 because ND will not go in the end
    At least you're not a "well done" kind of guy....goes along with some of your PAC10 ideas that are slightly half baked.

Oh yeah, ask them if they'll do an order of riblets for an appetizer, it'll make waiting on my steak easier!

The PAC14/16 will pull through -

And much like the steak that you will by buying for me - you can stick a fork in the BigXii as you know them because they are DONE!

Money talks and all else walks -

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Dwayne on per those statements above!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

At least you're not a "well done" kind of guy....goes along with some of your PAC10 ideas that are slightly half baked.

Oh yeah, ask them if they'll do an order of riblets for an appetizer, it'll make waiting on my steak easier!
    Whatsa matter with "well done" guys?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think I'm with Dwayne on this one. Notre Dame is definitely important, but the Pac-10 has their TV negotiation coming up before all of the other conferences. That means they will probably make the first big move because it's all about money. The Big 10 has another year or so to sweet talk ND.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Whatsa matter with "well done" guys?
    Nothing, nothing, nothing! Just an opportunity to talk a little smack. My little brother is a "Well-done" kind of guy and he's ok....well, other than the Martians left him on the front door step about 50 years ago. Mom took him in cause she felt sorry for him, being abandoned and all, so I've always overlooked the small peculiarities.

Uh, Can I still rely on you as an impartial third party in case this takes a judgement call to settle?

Uh, Can I still rely on you as an impartial third party in case this takes a judgement call to settle?
    I figure its easy -

If Big10 and Pac10 goes to 12 - you win

If both expand and either one goes to 14 - I win....

Very simple

+ Reply to Thread