+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jefferson Selected

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Jefferson Selected

Mike Jefferson was selected with the 1382nd pick, by the New York Mets.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Jefferson Selected

Three LSU-S guys were selected before him. What do the scouts know? Didn't they play on a glorified high school team?

Varsity Bulldog MoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the rough

Anything on Dageford?

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Three LSU-S guys were selected before him. What do the scouts know? Didn't they play on a glorified high school team?
    Cause LSUS was better then us this year.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Man you are a little touchy with the LSUS blast I gave..... let it die already.

Never has another college been defended on this board this much......I mean, you are a Tech fan right??

If the LSUS jock goes missing, we will surely know where to look!!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Mike! Love to see you back but sure would understand if you took this shot. You can't help but wonder if Jefferson wasn't hurt by this Sim assessment:

"Coming into the season, he was one of the top guys and could have gone in the top 10 rounds," Simoneaux said. "But he faltered during the season. He's got the stuff, but not the command he needs.

Dags was not drafted. Sometimes these things can't be explained. I know he was a senior, but when you look at some of those players teams will take a chance on in the 45-50 rounds, who wouldn't take a chance on Dags? Had a similar situation last year. I hope Dags can catch on somewhere. He's a special player. I was surprised to see Sim's not-so-positive assessment of him:

"But he faltered at the end, and they pitched him differently at the end, and that was in front of a lot of scouts, and it may have hurt his status."

We had 1 guy. One guy drafted. Are we building a program? I did not expect much from pitchers with all the injuries, but did we have position players eligible for the draft? Did they get no looks? I know Ewing made his intentions clear: top rounds or he stays in school. Like a kid who know what he wants!

I've heard a lot on here about recruiting budget, but if you look at the number of guys drafted each year, our recruits are performing for the most part (with this year's exception). We get MLB attention--seems we've have 5-7 players each year for the last several years, and that's with some notable kids left out (Dageford, P Thomas). What happened this year in the draft?

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Baffles me that Dag wasn't drafted. Has all the tools and size, and statistics to back it. Doesn't make sense.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Fact: MLB is going Latin.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    This may be true, but latin players aren't eligible for the draft so it doesn't explain why they weren't drafted

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Congrats to Mike! Love to see you back but sure would understand if you took this shot. You can't help but wonder if Jefferson wasn't hurt by this Sim assessment:

"Coming into the season, he was one of the top guys and could have gone in the top 10 rounds," Simoneaux said. "But he faltered during the season. He's got the stuff, but not the command he needs.

Dags was not drafted. Sometimes these things can't be explained. I know he was a senior, but when you look at some of those players teams will take a chance on in the 45-50 rounds, who wouldn't take a chance on Dags? Had a similar situation last year. I hope Dags can catch on somewhere. He's a special player. I was surprised to see Sim's not-so-positive assessment of him:

"But he faltered at the end, and they pitched him differently at the end, and that was in front of a lot of scouts, and it may have hurt his status."

We had 1 guy. One guy drafted. Are we building a program? I did not expect much from pitchers with all the injuries, but did we have position players eligible for the draft? Did they get no looks? I know Ewing made his intentions clear: top rounds or he stays in school. Like a kid who know what he wants!

I've heard a lot on here about recruiting budget, but if you look at the number of guys drafted each year, our recruits are performing for the most part (with this year's exception). We get MLB attention--seems we've have 5-7 players each year for the last several years, and that's with some notable kids left out (Dageford, P Thomas). What happened this year in the draft?
    We really only had 3 guys that I thought had a chance to get drafted. Dageford, Jefferson, and Stubbs. I thought someone may give Stubbs a shot b/c of his speed and the fact that his brother is in the league. Other than those 3 though, no surprises. We have some young players that will get drafted in the next year or two.

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Was Andrew Brouliette one of them?

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper are bringing back America's pastime!
    (coincidentially on the same team - - in D.C no less!)

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    Was Andrew Brouliette one of them?
    Nope. Chase Wentz who was there right fielder went in the 18th round. He went to highschool at Glenbrook. Jeff Nadeau who pitched, and got the win against us was drafted in the 38th round. And Justin Ennis went in the 33rd round, he's another pitcher.

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    Nope. Chase Wentz who was there right fielder went in the 18th round. He went to highschool at Glenbrook. Jeff Nadeau who pitched, and got the win against us was drafted in the 38th round. And Justin Ennis went in the 33rd round, he's another pitcher.

dang, but thanks!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I have NEVER understood the MLB draft......I get NFL...and to some extent NBA, although I disagree with the way the NBA treats 2nd round picks. Maybe there are too many farm systems....

+ Reply to Thread