+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jefferson Selected

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Jefferson Selected

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I have NEVER understood the MLB draft......I get NFL...and to some extent NBA, although I disagree with the way the NBA treats 2nd round picks. Maybe there are too many farm systems....
    It's easy. You draft a million players, and then cut all of them that don't have hispanic last names (or throw 103).

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Man you are a little touchy with the LSUS blast I gave..... let it die already.

Never has another college been defended on this board this much......I mean, you are a Tech fan right??

If the LSUS jock goes missing, we will surely know where to look!!
    As I have stated before...and been banned for... I hang from nobody's jock. I don't defend the school just argue against your ignorant statements.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Stubbs may get a FA deal, Dag will too, but I think Dags might not take it if offered. Stubbs I feel would be gone in a heartbeat.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Stubbs may get a FA deal, Dag will too, but I think Dags might not take it if offered. Stubbs I feel would be gone in a heartbeat.
    Stubbs is already gone. Graduated. Dageford is done with eligibility as well.

If Dageford wouldn't take a deal, do you have any idea what his plans are?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Stubbs is already gone. Graduated. Dageford is done with eligibility as well.

If Dageford wouldn't take a deal, do you have any idea what his plans are?
    When I said that Stubbs would be gone in a heartbeat I meant to imply that he would not turn it down to get a 9-5. Dags may go, not sure, haven't spoken with him about it. I'm speaking completely from specualtion. I say he would turn it down b/c of his draft experience. he might have the "if I wasn't good enough for you to draft me, why should I sign with you" mentality. Again total speculation. He may also be a guy that will go play anywhere to keep the dream alive. Not sure.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Dag will play if there's a deal in place. He's too good not to. Being passed over in the draft will be extra motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    I think Dag will play if there's a deal in place. He's too good not to. Being passed over in the draft will be extra motivation.
    Like i said, this is a very good possibility, too. I was just trying to get a conversation started.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Congrats to Mike! Love to see you back but sure would understand if you took this shot. You can't help but wonder if Jefferson wasn't hurt by this Sim assessment:

"Coming into the season, he was one of the top guys and could have gone in the top 10 rounds," Simoneaux said. "But he faltered during the season. He's got the stuff, but not the command he needs.

I can't fault that assessment. Saw same thing. In fact, reminded me of time before LHP Cliff Lee became so hot in pro ball. Lee had good stuff, but not command. Got sent down for few years, got command, and came back up and has been very good.

If Mike can do that he can jump in rounds and some money. Higher you get drafted better chance you get another year or two to develop. About 30-32 new guys coming into a team's minor league system each year, so about that many have to come out and guess which ones make up majority being released. Yep, the later round guys.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Fact: MLB is going Latin.
    I thought it was going Japanese? I think it's going Japanese...I think it's going Japanese.. I really think so.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I thought it was going Japanese? I think it's going Japanese...I think it's going Japanese.. I really think so.
    Dammit, Tyler, now that song is going to be stuck in my head ALL DAY.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    I can't fault that assessment. Saw same thing. In fact, reminded me of time before LHP Cliff Lee became so hot in pro ball. Lee had good stuff, but not command. Got sent down for few years, got command, and came back up and has been very good.

If Mike can do that he can jump in rounds and some money. Higher you get drafted better chance you get another year or two to develop. About 30-32 new guys coming into a team's minor league system each year, so about that many have to come out and guess which ones make up majority being released. Yep, the later round guys.
    It's not so much that I disagree with the assessment, but coaches usually are not their players' critics. Not publicly.

+ Reply to Thread