+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What happens in the next 5-10 years?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What happens in the next 5-10 years?

With the potential development of 4 super-conferences, are we going to see the creation of another division in CFB? Will we end up with FBS I and FBS II with the non-bcs falling into the lower group that will never see a NC game? Is this the NCAA answering the question as to whether or not TCU, Boise, Utah, BYU, or Cincy will ever play for a title? I personally see this as the "bigger" conferences doing their best to ensure that someone from their conference makes it to the big game, and that they make a friggin butt load of money.

Thoughts, rebuttal, objections............

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What happens in the next 5-10 years?

We can't answer what happens in the next 5-10 days yet...no way anyone has a grasp on years at this point.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    With the potential development of 4 super-conferences, are we going to see the creation of another division in CFB? Will we end up with FBS I and FBS II with the non-bcs falling into the lower group that will never see a NC game? Is this the NCAA answering the question as to whether or not TCU, Boise, Utah, BYU, or Cincy will ever play for a title? I personally see this as the "bigger" conferences doing their best to ensure that someone from their conference makes it to the big game, and that they make a friggin butt load of money.

I agree.....Boise and TCU were getting too close.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken, and I agree. I am just looking for speculation and conversation. Also, what happens to the BCS? As it is right now, you can't have more than 2 teams from any one conference playing in a BCS game. If we end up with Texas, OU, USC, and Oregon in one conference you can kiss that rule goodbye.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I hope not...I'm afraid so.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post

I hate to get MORE government involved, but the NCAA effectively ousting smaller for larger schools to make more has to violate antitrust laws or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    I hate to get MORE government involved, but the NCAA effectively ousting smaller for larger schools to make more has to violate antitrust laws or something?
    It is probably too easy to argue that anyone can be successful. They just have to be smarter with what they have to get more out of it. I get you though.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I agree this is an interesting topic. I had this in mind:

http://latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77005

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Im confused. What does the NCAA is have to do with any of this? (Conference affiliations dont come from them ...)

Are you suggesting they should insist on naming a NCAA champion at the highest level of college football ? They never have before. And you KNOW how well it would if they tried to start now.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Sorry, I meant BCS schools. I wonder what the NCAA would do though if they knew that what was going down (spoiler: they know)

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I have wondered about how the NCAA will fit into all of this. As I understand it, the NCAA is made up of all of the member schools. If there are four super conferences of 16 teams each, total of 64 teams, that want to decide who is national champs but there are 131(?) fbs teams, then couldn't the other 67 teams out vote the the 64 and demand a national champion from all schools? I know this may be a simplistic look at it but it would seem to be something to consider.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

I agree. I have been saying that for years. Everyone should have an equal opportunity to play for the NC but the TV deals and the bcsbs are designed to keep the little guys out. Which is stupid on the part of the media because look at the press and the national attention Boise got when they knocked off Ok. They are definitely just looking for ways for the rich to get richer. If it takes government intervention, so be it. And the NCAA is a joke. They should have been looking into ways to set up a national championship playoff instead of worrying about making the little guys, without the bcsbs protection and resources, change their names. The mega conferences should keep the have-nots from making any more noise. it's going to be interesting.

I guess I should clarify that by NCAA I really meant what Allgood stated. Those in the NCAA that influence decisions aka the BCS.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    I have wondered about how the NCAA will fit into all of this. As I understand it, the NCAA is made up of all of the member schools. If there are four super conferences of 16 teams each, total of 64 teams, that want to decide who is national champs but there are 131(?) fbs teams, then couldn't the other 67 teams out vote the the 64 and demand a national champion from all schools? I know this may be a simplistic look at it but it would seem to be something to consider.
    There are 120 FBS teams. BCS teams can outvote non AQ teams.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

What may be at stake is the tax exempt status of these mega conference members.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants. Do all this moving around only to end up with a huge corporate federal and state tax bite!

+ Reply to Thread