+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas and others gone to Pac 10

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Texas and others gone to Pac 10

I think this move helps us a lot more than the solo Nebraska move.

Varsity Bulldog NO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really nice

Texas controls this whole thing. I'm not sure why the Big 12 wouldn't man up and get TCU back and nab another up and comer like Utah. That would maintain the 12 team alignment and TCU and Utah are more competitive, though provide less money than Nebraska and Colorado. If they do move, it won't be because Nebraska and Colorado leave. It'll be because the SEC or Pac-10 offers big time TV $$$.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Likely:

SMU and Houston to B12 (along with 7 MWC teams)
    Kansas to Big East (to replace Rutgers)
    ACC will replace Maryland with another Big East school.
    UCF will replace that team in the Big East

3 spots open in CUSA (La Tech, MTSU, Temple). Remaining MWC and WAC merge.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Chip brown is saying that mizzou will be left out too. He's also saying that the big 10 will go to 14. That likely means two big east teams or one big east team and Maryland. We need to hope that rutgers and Syracuse are tied politically. That would leave a spot for us and Baylor in cusa.
    That means the Big East has to take at least 2 CUSA teams because the ACC is going to take a Big East team if Maryland goes to the Big 10. They'll probably take ECU, UCF, and Memphis to go to 9, leaving 3 openings in the CUSA. Let's hope ISU, Kansas, KSU, and Missouri look west and south.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Likely:

Kansas to Big East (to replace Rutgers)
    ACC will replace Maryland with another Big East school.
    UCF will replace that team in the Big East

3 spots open in CUSA (La Tech, MTSU, Temple). Remaining MWC and WAC merge.
    Those sure are a lot of dominoes. I hope you're right!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

The new CUSA:

ECU
    Marshall
    UAB
    Memphis
    Temple
    Middle Tennessee

Southern Miss
    Tulane
    Louisiana Tech
    Tulsa
    Rice
    UTEP

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

The new CUSA:

ECU
    Marshall
    UAB
    Memphis
    Temple
    Middle Tennessee

Southern Miss
    Tulane
    Louisiana Tech
    Tulsa
    Rice
    UTEP
    I could live with that...

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

It is so hard for me to believe that U TEXAS will be in the PACIFIC ATHLETIC CONFERENCE. Seems to me they are lowering themselves dramatically. The Big 12 was a much more powerful conference in my opinion.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    It is so hard for me to believe that U TEXAS will be in the PACIFIC ATHLETIC CONFERENCE. Seems to me they are lowering themselves dramatically. The Big 12 was a much more powerful conference in my opinion.
    I agree, even without Nebraska, the Big 12 is better than the PAC 10.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    I could live with that...
    What happened to Houston and SMU?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I think this move helps us a lot more than the solo Nebraska move.
    Don't be so sure. We need to hope that Baylor doesn't bump us out of our coveted CUSA spot now.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Likely:

Rice, Tulsa and SMU are tied at the hip. Whereever SMU goes, Rice and Tulsa will likely go.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Don't be so sure. We need to hope that Baylor doesn't bump us out of our coveted CUSA spot now.

HD
    If there's 5 Big 12 teams left, they'll just add 7 more teams and keep their conference. They'll pick who they want out of the MWC and CUSA.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    We should sell our souls to the devil to get with those schools.......I am not joking
    I said the same thing, without the soul selling, cause that's creepy. I got blasted for saying that those remaining schools would be good partners. I am thinking from all sports angles.....

Football-every team is at least decent accept ISU.
    Basketball-every team is decent accept ISU in mens
    Baseball and softball-all teams are better than where we are now
    I am sure the track programs and other minor sports are good as well.

Not to mention that the academics at these schools would push us to do even better.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I said the same thing, without the soul selling, cause that's creepy. I got blasted for saying that those remaining schools would be good partners. I am thinking from all sports angles.....

Football-every team is at least decent accept ISU.
    Basketball-every team is decent accept ISU in mens
    Baseball and softball-all teams are better than where we are now
    I am sure the track programs and other minor sports are good as well.

Not to mention that the academics at these schools would push us to do even better.
    Creepy or not, for Tech, I would kiss Lucifer square on his ass to be in a conference with Kansas, for basketball alone.......that would be incredible!!!!!!!

Ok, not really....but Tech with those is a billion times better than Tech in Cusa....not sure why you got blasted. Kansas, Missouri..........wow!!!

+ Reply to Thread