+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UT, A&M to Big Ten

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: UT, A&M to Big Ten

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Oklahoma has no desire to go to the PAC10. Where do you think most of their recruits come from?
    doesn't that same logic apply to TX and TX A&M?

there is nothing logical about most of this stuff; it is all driven by $$$.

tech has been crucified for flying to the west coast to play football. now, it looks like the strongest athletic department in the country is about to do the same thing.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    doesn't that same logic apply to TX and TX A&M?

there is nothing logical about most of this stuff; it is all driven by $$$.

tech has been crucified for flying to the west coast to play football. now, it looks like the strongest athletic department in the country is about to do the same thing.
    For one game every other year.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I would believe this story if it said "UT and A&M to SEC"...

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    I think A&M is a done deal to the SEC.
    out of all the major conferences, the SEC has been the quietest. not sure what that means. right now, i am frustrated because i can't figure out whether i should be excited, alarmed, pissed, elated, etc. with all that's going on.

to quote dickens: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...."

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I think A&M is a done deal to the SEC.

I think you're right. All of the emphasis is being placed on the Big 10 and PAC 10, let us not forget about the most powerful conference in football. They've already stated that they would NOT let other conferences challenge their conference supremacy. Texas A&M from in the west and South Florida from the Big East would be great additions.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

For one game every other year.
    Maybe every year if the Pac-10 keeps their 9 game conference schedule (but I don't see any reason why they would).

People keep getting confused by the way conferences used to work. If you have 16 teams, then basically you have two conferences with a shared tv deal and championship game.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Maybe every year if the Pac-10 keeps their 9 game conference schedule (but I don't see any reason why they would).

People keep getting confused by the way conferences used to work. If you have 16 teams, then basically you have two conferences with a shared tv deal and championship game.
    What about the non-revenue sports? Wouldn't they be flying around the country all the time? Or does the money the fb makes offset that?

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we're getting any more information today. Just my guess.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I don't think we're getting any more information today. Just my guess.
    Yeah, I think you are right. That leak was to throw everyone off, so that they could have their meeting in peace. Maybe, there will be a leak about their meeting tomorrow. Whatever happens, I think Texas and A&M stay together. TT and Baylor might go with them still.

No matter what, we won't know anything about our future conference until the big conferences settle down - even if we were to luck out and get in a big conference, it would be toward the end of the movement. So, we just have to sit back and enjoy something that breaks the solitude of the off season......:icon_wink:

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yeah, So, we just have to sit back and enjoy something that breaks the solitude of the off season......:icon_wink:

This is the best off season--EVER!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
    What about the non-revenue sports? Wouldn't they be flying around the country all the time? Or does the money the fb makes offset that?

RD
    You still just use divisions. You've got 8 teams on your side of the conference. So you could treat it like football and just mostly play in your division (like home-and-homes for b-ball) and then a game (or series) or two against a rotating team from the other side. Then you take the top four from each side and have a conference tournament.

They could try ( I do think the money will make up the difference) but I really doubt they'll attempt to play everyone in the conference every year in every sport.

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yeah, I think you are right. That leak was to throw everyone off, so that they could have their meeting in peace. Maybe, there will be a leak about their meeting tomorrow. Whatever happens, I think Texas and A&M stay together. TT and Baylor might go with them still.

No matter what, we won't know anything about our future conference until the big conferences settle down - even if we were to luck out and get in a big conference, it would be toward the end of the movement. So, we just have to sit back and enjoy something that breaks the solitude of the off season......:icon_wink:
    Beleive the Texas Big XII public schools (UT, A&M and TT) will hang together while Baylor just hangs.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    This is the best off season--EVER!
    I agree!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

There is no truth to reports that Texas and Texas A&M are considering the Big Ten. But A&M is still considering the SEC. -Chip Brown

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

KTBS reporting Oklahoma headed to SEC:

http://www.ktbs.com/sports/23865899/...html?taf=shrev

Sounds credible. Maybe the texting OK asst coach was pulling Heupel's chain?

+ Reply to Thread