+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big 12 is GONE!

Hybrid View

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Big 12 is GONE!

I just spoke to a MAJOR insider from a prominent Big12 school. Enough of an insider that he has recieved calls from the chancellor and AD. He got a call from his athletic director this morning to update him. The Big 12 is disolved as of tomorrow morning. Done deal. No invitations from PAC 10, but they are expected soon. I asked if there was mention of SEC and UT/A&M. He said no comments about that situation were made. There is a meeting of large donors for this university on Monday morning in Dallas.

It has begun!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Big 12 is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by JL View Post
    I just spoke to a MAJOR insider from a prominent Big12 school. Enough of an insider that he has recieved calls from the chancellor and AD. He got a call from his athletic director this morning to update him. The Big 12 is disolved as of tomorrow morning. Done deal. No invitations from PAC 10, but they are expected soon. I asked if there was mention of SEC and UT/A&M. He said no comments about that situation were made. There is a meeting of large donors for this university on Monday morning in Dallas.

It has begun!
    How can a conference dissolve that still has 10 members?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

That's kind of the cart before the horse. What are they gonna do with all that money?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

It's a shame...they could've stolen 6 from the MWC and retained their auto-bid. Sounds like Beebe might've been more like Benson than I gave him credit for.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It's a shame...they could've stolen 6 from the MWC and retained their auto-bid..
    Forgive me...I've read so many articles about this stuff I can't remember where I found it...but one of the articles made the statement that the PAC-10 when it's done getting the additional (6) teams and becoming the PAC-16 will be "absorbing" the current AQ conference status of the Big12 so they will have (2)....one for the "classic" PAC 10 schools Stanford, USC, UCLA, Washington..etc....and one for the new kids on the block....
    Talk about the "Ginch who stole Christmas!!!!!" I just can't help but picture in my minds eye the PAC-10 acting like the grinch and taking the last can of who hash and the last crumb on the floor from the B12!!! Funny in some ways...but totally crappy for the rest of us....

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

That doesn't make sense. Why would they dissolve the conference tomorrow when no other announcements have been made?

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

The Big 12 is going to think longer and harder than this before disbanding. The leftovers will want to use the BCS slot and IP rights in negotiation with the Mountain West or future members. It's one of the few chips they have!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    The Big 12 is going to think longer and harder than this before disbanding. The leftovers will want to use the BCS slot and IP rights in negotiation with the Mountain West or future members. It's one of the few chips they have!
    I agree......... This is lawsuit type stuff for Baylor and the others. I wouldn't count on anything till I see it in print, but the rumors are fun.

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Just spoke to him again. At 10:00AM this morning, he was told that the Big 12 is dissolved. Doesn't know when it will be announced, but it is over. He is requested to be a private meeting Monday morning in Dallas to discuss future of his alma matter. He is a deep pocket donor, alum, and former athlete.

Maybe he is wrong; but his info is coming from AD. He has never been wrong about his university. He had the real scoop on a recent firing at his alma matter. His stories were spot on......after the dust settled.

Bulldog CT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really nice

Just spoke to him again. At 10:00AM this morning, he was told that the Big 12 is dissolved. Doesn't know when it will be announced, but it is over. He is requested to be a private meeting Monday morning in Dallas to discuss future of his alma matter. He is a deep pocket donor, alum, and former athlete.

Maybe he is wrong; but his info is coming from AD. He has never been wrong about his university. He had the real scoop on a recent firing at his alma matter. His stories were spot on......after the dust settled.
    if his alma matter happens to be OU can you ask him to consider the SEC a little more? I'd love to be in that conference rather than the PAC 10/16

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CT3789 View Post
    if his alma matter happens to be OU can you ask him to consider the SEC a little more? I'd love to be in that conference rather than the PAC 10/16
    Why is an OU fan posting on a La Tech board?

What school does he represent? I can see someone from a school that is leaving saying that, but not from someone whose school is staying.

There is no reason for the teams that are left to dissolve the conference. Your friend is an idiot for believing that.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    There is no reason for the teams that are left to dissolve the conference. Your friend is an idiot for believing that.

Unless Missou or Kansas/K State have received an invite to the Big East, which is possible.

Big Dog MTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    If the Pac-16 happens, it's over for the Big 12. OVER. There could be as few as three members left. If Texas, TAMU, OU, OSU and Baylor leave for the Pac 16, TAMU goes to the SEC and Missouri goes to the Big Ten...

I don't know that I believe that the Big XII is already dissolved, but I believe it will happen and soon.

+ Reply to Thread